cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Attention sellers, lack of communication is unacceptable.

I don't mind a delay in delivery when there's a reason but when I emailed a seller twice in two days and got no response, I posted negative feedback.

So, my advice to all you sellers: Check your messages frequently and respond promptly when a buyer reports a problem.

If you already do that, fine.

This is addressed to those that don't and negative feedback might be the only way to get your attention.

Message 1 of 148
latest reply
147 REPLIES 147

"I think this may be the first seller I have ever seen with over a one milling feedback"

Certainly the only one i've seen with 1900 negs (didn't check neuts). Some wake ebay, please.
Message 61 of 148
latest reply

Ya know before I read you second post I figured you were not that unreasonable.

Now, where did I put that BBL?

“Like crying wolf, if you keep looking for sympathy as a justification for your actions, you will someday be left standing alone when you really need help.”
― Criss Jami

Message 62 of 148
latest reply

I know this one.

2,546,390 Feedback received

They don't sell here anymore under this ID but they had the most feedback I'd ever seen.

Message 63 of 148
latest reply

There is a seller with almost 4.5 million

In the UK

@caboeyezed2013 wrote:

In the UK

I have all my searches set to US only.

Message 66 of 148
latest reply

It is totally disgusting.

Ebay - in my view, ought to be ashamed of itself allowing a seller like this to be here. I don't care how many people got their item as promised - THOUSANDS AND THOUSANDS DID NOT!

Those 1900 negs are just the past twelve months. Tip of the iceberg.

You think that 1 million FB was just in the past twelve months? No way. This seller has been operating for several years and probably was racking hundreds if not a thousand or more negatives and hundreds of neutrals each and every year going back to the very FIRST YEAR.

It's a direct corollary to the dubious and beguiling (and that's putting it mildly) "too big to fail" mantra, the harbinger for what we know of today as "Golden Parachutes" for the dearly departed who retired from corporate petard to go off to another.

Greedy, selfish, absolutely ridiculous. Typical corporate America keeping our economy going and dividing people more and more and more every step of the way.
Message 67 of 148
latest reply

Certainly the only one i've seen with 1900 negs (didn't check neuts). Some wake ebay, please.

But their PERCENTAGE of positives to neutral/negs is still WELL within acceptable levels. They have a 99.5% positive rating.

“Like crying wolf, if you keep looking for sympathy as a justification for your actions, you will someday be left standing alone when you really need help.”
― Criss Jami

Message 68 of 148
latest reply

It stands to reason that the more sales you make the more things are going to go wrong.

This sellers PERCENTAGE of negatives is not out of line with their POSITIVES. While it is lower that most it is really not that bad.

If it were a low feedback seller with a 99.5 percent postive rating would you feel the same?

And we really don't know how many of these were deal with in a manner that resolved the situation.

Why would we as sellers want ebay to "do something about" a seller that has perfectly acceptable numbers?

― Criss Jami

Message 69 of 148
latest reply

@password9019 wrote:
It is totally disgusting.

Ebay - in my view, ought to be ashamed of itself allowing a seller like this to be here. I don't care how many people got their item as promised - THOUSANDS AND THOUSANDS DID NOT!

On the other hand....compare that seller to a small time seller who has 100 fb this year and 2 negs.   

If past performance is a predictor of future performance and I buy from that high volume seller, I have a 99.4% chance that everything will go fine.

On the other hand, if I buy from that small time seller, I have only got a 98% chance that everything will go fine.

My money's on the big time seller.  The small time seller is too risky.

THIS SPACE LEFT INTENTIONALLY BLANK
Message 70 of 148
latest reply

"But their PERCENTAGE of positives to neutral/negs is still WELL within acceptable levels. They have a 99.5% positive rating."

I'm sure the % rating has little to do with their ability to survive here. Rather the $$$ amount brought in to ebays coffers. And, no way to judge the "poisoning" aspect of those buyers doing future ebay biz. Probably not a factor in ebays "buyers experience" equation!!
Message 71 of 148
latest reply

That's correct and the seller probably employs a small army of people but yuh know what I say to all of that: A big, fat SO WHAT!!!

Thousands and thousands of people have been left holding the bag and I could seriously doubt for those that never got their purchase, that even a modest majority of those people went without their item due to a purely honest mistake or oversight. Might be different for those that got the wrong item or a defective one, but regardless, something is really wrong here.

This is about what is in my o-p-i-n-i-o-n, a no good seller who is all about sales and profit and could care less that they are consistently racking up dozens of neutrals week by week (to say nothing of negatives and the frequency thereof).

Pathetic, immoral.
Message 72 of 148
latest reply

When all is said and done, this buyer knows the item has been shipped as promised and is on its way.  I have no idea what he thinks the seller can do for him.

If it fails to arrive, he is protected.

Meanwhile, he knows the seller shipped and the item has tracking.  At this early date, there was no reason either to neg the seller or to do a chargeback, in my opinion.  

THIS SPACE LEFT INTENTIONALLY BLANK
Message 73 of 148
latest reply

I am a buyer and a seller and I personally cant stand buyer like this guy. I don't check my email from eBay all the time and unless the item doe s not arrive by the date listed in the auction there is no reason to bother the seller. When I buy on eBay I understand its NOT Amazon. I know its going to take a week or more for my item to arrive. If you need fast shipping and hand holding communication buy from Amazon and stay off of eBay. IMO
Message 74 of 148
latest reply

This is one of those kind of discussions(debates) that can go on forever and indeed will for as long as such e-commerce sites exist.

You may disagree and you are probably keen enough to find a valid point to contradict this, but in my view, your probabilities have very little to do with the *morality* behind the situation. Not nothing to do with it, just very little.

So two people had a bad experience. Far less concerning to me than 68 people who had one....your figures are for an entire year, right? I mean, a small seller doesn't do 100 transactions in a month, right?

This seller here might have a very, very slight upward total in the positives department (1.4%), but that small disparity is nothing in my view, to the difference between 2 people in a year who had a bad experience, and 68 people having the same and in just 1/12th of that time!

That's the moral difference, imo.
Message 75 of 148
latest reply