cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Attention sellers, lack of communication is unacceptable.

I don't mind a delay in delivery when there's a reason but when I emailed a seller twice in two days and got no response, I posted negative feedback.

So, my advice to all you sellers: Check your messages frequently and respond promptly when a buyer reports a problem.

If you already do that, fine.

This is addressed to those that don't and negative feedback might be the only way to get your attention.

Message 1 of 148
latest reply
147 REPLIES 147

Re: Attention sellers, lack of communication is unacceptable.

I understand what you are saying but I think it's biases against them because they are a large seller.

This seller had almost 16 THOUSAND positives in the last month and less that 140 negs and neutrals. That less that a ONE percent unhappy rate. They have 4.9 and 5s on all their DSRs. 

And while that is not all that great it is still within acceptable rates.

They have HUGE volume and with that come an equal degree of problems and risks.

How perfect do you expect them to be?

“Like crying wolf, if you keep looking for sympathy as a justification for your actions, you will someday be left standing alone when you really need help.”
― Criss Jami

Message 76 of 148
latest reply

So two people had a bad experience. Far less concerning to me than 68 people who had one....your figures are for an entire year, right? I mean, a small seller doesn't do 100 transactions in a month, right?

But that's the point.

It's the SAME number of people having a bad experience it's just one seller vs many sellers. But it's STILL the same number of people.

The bottom line is that this seller made 99.5 percent of their customers happy.

A group of sellers (equaling this sellers volume) who sell 100 items with each having one neg made 99 percent of their customers happy.

Again, how perferct do you want them to be?

“Like crying wolf, if you keep looking for sympathy as a justification for your actions, you will someday be left standing alone when you really need help.”
― Criss Jami

Message 77 of 148
latest reply

How can it be the same number of people, literally. 68 is greater than 2. much greater.
Message 78 of 148
latest reply

transaction volume

Yup, you're right. Huge volume.

Huge volume is the problem. But I have to go for now and though I'd like to keep the dialogue going, I just can't. I have to go.

By for now, GENIO.
Message 80 of 148
latest reply

Should have said ratio, but don't think it would make a difference. Enjoy your day.

@arizonajack85022 wrote:

Let me start by saying I really don't give a **bleep** about comments from sellers about how bad a person I am.

However, I'll respond to constructive comments.

Like the one about Media Mail being slow. Well, I ordered three items on the same day and they all shipped by Media Mail and the others arrived well within the estimated delivery dates so I have no reason to suspect Media Mail as the culprit.

But, again (for those of you who haven't quite comprehended it yet) it's not the delay that I have the issue with.

Another constructive comment is that the shipper might have shipped on a particular day of the week. That's a valid point, except for one thing.

I ordered the item on May 8. I got an email on May 9 that the item had been SHIPPED. But when I look at the tracking it shows the first entry to be: Item arrived at the shipping partner facility on May 13.

So, tell me, what happened between the day it was SHIPPED and the day it arrived at the shipping partner facility = 5 days?

Shouldn't that be the same day or, at most, the next day?

Was I lied to? I think so. So why have any sympathy for a rat who does that?

Anyway, if you check my record you'll that all of my purchases have resulted in positive feedback except this one.

And I'll continue to give positive feedback to any seller that provides even reasonably good service and quickly responds and corrects mistakes.

The tracking you are looking at, is it showing as being with USPS or DHL on that first scan?  The seller has a few paragraphs about their shipping...in the Economy shippng part they mention using DHL, who then passes it off to the post office.  I'm thinking maybe the tracking you are seeing is only after USPS got it....have you tried using the tracking number on the DHL site to see if/when they had it.

Also a possibility: sellers can print a shipping label for a few days(not too many, not sure exactly how many) in advance.  When the seller prints the label, no matter if they set the date for today, or tomorrow or the day after, ebay will send a message that your item has shipped.  So, they may have printed it on the 9th, but waited to get it out.

Message 82 of 148
latest reply

How can it be the same number of people, literally. 68 is greater than 2. much greater.

Because it's a PERCENTAGE of the number of customers serviced.

The one seller does thousands of sales and maintains a 99.5 percent positive rate. He is making 99 and a half people out of every 100 people happy.

The other seller has 100 customers and has a 99 percent positive rate. He is making 99 out of 100 people happy.

Even though the high volume seller has more unhappy customers than the small seller he is STILL making a greater percentage of customers happy.

So do you expect him to have a 99.9 percent rate? That would STILL be something like 1500 unhappy customers in a year.

Again, how perfect does he need to be?

― Criss Jami

Message 83 of 148
latest reply

"The one seller does thousands of sales and maintains a 99.5 percent positive rate. He is making 99 and a half people out of every 100 people happy."

By all rights, someone with 360 or so all positive feedbacks the past 12 months would be "happy", still, if, by chance there were 4 negs left? 1%. Simple fact is it's not close to being an even balancing act; a few negs/neuts carry FAR more weight than hundreds of positives.

PS: always loved the pooch!!
Message 84 of 148
latest reply

thats very nasty u know some sellers have real jobs and cant respond back in 5 minutes like pilots cops fireman etc. i will be sure to block u on my list asap

Message 85 of 148
latest reply

IM SURE U JUST GOT BLOCKED BY ANYONE WHO READS THIS POSTING
Message 86 of 148
latest reply

When I send a message through the ebay messaging system, I get a little message that says please allow 48 hrs for a reply.  You do not need to be so defensive.  You can just admit you may have jumped the gun a little.  Makes you appear more human:)  

Message 87 of 148
latest reply

Which is a lot better than many of the large retailers that we deal with every day in either B & M settings or online venues.

It is my understanding that many companies in corporate America would 'die' to have that good of a rating.  I mean 99.5 percent of the customers satisfied?

Honestly, that is awesome.

Only on e-bay is that high of a success rate consider a disgrace and that the company should be out of business.

COYOTES RULE!!!

Message 88 of 148
latest reply

In the customer satisfaction vein of the conversation,

http://www.theacsi.org/news-and-resources/press-releases/press-2015/press-release-retail-2014

csi

If you read further in the article, Macy's has a 79, Nordstroms 86 and Walmart 68.

I love you forever, Christie! Fly high, precious daughter 1/14/1987-12/20/2016
Message 89 of 148
latest reply

@password9019 wrote:
This is one of those kind of discussions(debates) that can go on forever and indeed will for as long as such e-commerce sites exist.

You may disagree and you are probably keen enough to find a valid point to contradict this, but in my view, your probabilities have very little to do with the *morality* behind the situation. Not nothing to do with it, just very little.

So two people had a bad experience. Far less concerning to me than 68 people who had one....your figures are for an entire year, right? I mean, a small seller doesn't do 100 transactions in a month, right?

This seller here might have a very, very slight upward total in the positives department (1.4%), but that small disparity is nothing in my view, to the difference between 2 people in a year who had a bad experience, and 68 people having the same and in just 1/12th of that time!

That's the moral difference, imo.

I don't see that as a moral difference. I just see that small time seller someone who hasn't had the opportunity to mess up more transactions - not for moral reasons but for lack of sales volume.

THIS SPACE LEFT INTENTIONALLY BLANK
Message 90 of 148
latest reply