cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are you embarrassed walking into the post office with your ebay Branded boxes - Tell the truth

I try not show the ebay logo, and I also stopped using ebay tapes, you can spot them from a mile away, brighter than the yellow crime scene tape.

Message 1 of 124
latest reply
123 REPLIES 123

Are you embarrassed walking into the post office with your ebay Branded boxes - Tell the truth

Everything I send is in either a bubble mailer or a poly mailer so I don't have the  boxes or any of the branded stuff. I also just drop them in the box outside instead of going in. Honestly I probably would get embarrassed if I had the eBay stuff and was going in often. I'm usually a very outgoing person but some stuff like that just bothers me. We have a coffee house chain here where I love their smoothies. I get at least one a day. But I have like 6 different locations I go into because I am too embarrassed to go to a single one too often. I get embarrassed when they recognize or remember me. 

Message 2 of 124
latest reply

Absolutely not.

The more packages I go in with, the more happy I am.

Let em all see that eBay is viable and a place they may want to buy from  - that goes from the clerks to the other customers in line (and everyone behind the wall that we can't see working.  

Message 3 of 124
latest reply

Why would I be embarrassed?  Everyone does something to make money-I choose this.

Good Moms let you lick the Beaters.

Great Moms turn them off first.
Message 4 of 124
latest reply

I'm a little concerned why you find this to be so bad.  Millions of people shop and sell on eBay.  So what is the source of your embarrassment?

Good Moms let you lick the Beaters.

Great Moms turn them off first.
Message 5 of 124
latest reply

I wouls never send anything in a branded box.  Might just as well put a steal sign on it.

Message 6 of 124
latest reply

Not at all.  Many sellers complained that ebay didn't advertise enough, so I feel it is a small attempt to advertise.

Message 7 of 124
latest reply

Because at this time of year the post office is so busy, and people are standing in line, some are using self service, then an ebay seller comes with their boxes, fills and jams the drop off boxes.

Message 8 of 124
latest reply

@lintbrush* wrote:

Absolutely not.

The more packages I go in with, the more happy I am.

Let em all see that eBay is viable and a place they may want to buy from  - that goes from the clerks to the other customers in line (and everyone behind the wall that we can't see working.  

Maybe I am too sensitive.

Message 9 of 124
latest reply

Are you embarrassed walking into the post office with your ebay Branded boxes?

No, I'm not.
Message 10 of 124
latest reply

@emerald40 wrote:

I wouls never send anything in a branded box.  Might just as well put a steal sign on it.

If someone wants to steal packages, what type would you not steal?

Message 11 of 124
latest reply

I agree, I'm proud I'm so Busy I have to go to the Post Office. I'm happy when my mail box is so full for the Postman that I take them myself. and I'm thrilled to throw them in the box and not have to stand on line. I love selling and shipping eBay
Message 12 of 124
latest reply

No. Why would i be?

Papa Was A Rolling Stone - The Temptations
Message 13 of 124
latest reply

@mypostingid15 wrote:

Because at this time of year the post office is so busy, and people are standing in line, some are using self service, then an ebay seller comes with their boxes, fills and jams the drop off boxes.

I guess I misunderstood your question.  I never walk into a post office with my packages.  I thought you were just embarrassed because they had "ebay" on them.

Message 14 of 124
latest reply

Embarrassed ? Why. 

I wrap my stuff in ebay tissue paper and use everything with ebay on it. I run a store on ebay and I want people to see that ebay is alive.

People complain because buyers are few for us. I think as a seller we need to let people know that ebay is still alive.

Yes I am frustrated with ebay, yes I hate what the site has become but untill something better comes along we have to do the best to get buyers back.

Message 15 of 124
latest reply