cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone experiencing drop in sales lately?

Hello Sellers -

Happy Thursday.   Anyone experiencing drop in sales last few days?   October started slow for us and then picked up at the end of the first week - during the Columbus day weekend but then it dropped off but we sold here and there but last couple of days close to no activity.  The whole day go without any activity.   

We used to have holiday and winter shopping starting in October but no sign of that.  We did sell a few lighter items but now very slow.  We sold two small items yesterday and one today.  So there are sales but next to nothing.

Anyone know about any issues with e-bay selling process?   Anyone signed up for e-bay payments and if so, how is that going for sellers who signed up?   Would love to hear about that.

Thanks for your reply.  Hope sales pick up soon for all of us.  Good luck everyone.  Cheers.

Message 1 of 50
latest reply
49 REPLIES 49

Re: Anyone experiencing drop in sales lately?

I agree for sure, think you absolutely right. Everybody wants everything cheap or with a coupon. Salvation Army is like going to the mall these days. Everyday the parking lots are full, It's crazy. Buyers watch and wait for you to lower your price or make really cheap offers. EBay is trying to also get you to lower prices to get their percentages.
Message 31 of 50
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

11 days and no sale.. My views are way down as well as in way down more then last month..

Message 32 of 50
latest reply

I am registered with NYS Dept of Taxation as an ecommerce business using eBay as the portal.  Because I am also a sole propriertor this means I must have the electronic backup to support sales and expenses for federal and state income tax reporting, and to pay NYS the sales tax collected.  The managed payments program launched is unsuitable at the moment for me.  However,  if a seller is not a business this program may work after the bumbling glitches are corrected.  There is a delay from the time buyer pays  to when payments hit checking account...up to three days.  Shipping policy was also revamped to accomodate the delay.   I was able to opt out thankfully but it is too late.  No buyer confidence.  We all can see how ebay is attempting to reinvent itself - if the past improvements are any indication there will be no place for stores like mine.  Good luck to you!

Message 33 of 50
latest reply

Drastic drop in the last few days = NO SALES at all! If ebay is aware of some reason for this they should be telling the sellers so they are not charged during this period if their items are not being seen. 

Message 34 of 50
latest reply

I don't have any sales either:(  But do not expect Ebay to give any fee's back! You are kidding aren't you?

Message 35 of 50
latest reply

When I pay .35 for a 7 day auction I expect to have some visibility. Otherwise it would be like bringing my things to an auction house, paying them 10% ahead of time to auction it and never having them put them up for auction. If it were free to list that would be different but supposedly I am paying for a service.If there are not any site issues then that is different but seems like there is another problem we are not aware of.

Message 36 of 50
latest reply

I pay $69.95 a month to me seen. It is not happening. This last week has been the worst week I have had in 8 years of selling.
Message 37 of 50
latest reply

Hi, we've been experiencing slow sales for several weeks now.  Don't know if it has to do with the new google promoted listings.  Almost to a point where we are seriously considering if the effort is worth the few sales we've had the past few weeks.

Message 38 of 50
latest reply

For this account October has been dead - my other three accounts have had normal sales for October.  What I have noticed on all my accounts is a lack of traffic for the first 4-5 days after listing which is unusual.   If it were just one account as with the sales, I wouldn't think anything of it, but it is all of them.      It is very unusual to have newly listed items that have not been listed before and have very little competition not get any traffic - much less none of the newly listed selling.    I suspect ebay has an indexing problem or some other type of technical glitch. 

Message 39 of 50
latest reply

After reading the CEO's comments about the third quarter and the future of ebay,  I have to wonder if an algorithm was added in October to give priority to listings from sellers who have opted in to managed payments.   If so, I doubt November is going to bring about much of a rebound in sales. 

Are any of you experiencing a drop in sales lately using ebay managed payments?? 

Message 40 of 50
latest reply

Hello again sellers - well I started this thread about 2 weeks ago and gave an update about a week ago.

No change as far as we are concerned.  Maybe a couple of days of exception but otherwise, same old story.  Since Monday, we had very very low dollar one or two sales -- maybe in the early morning and then just zero activity all day.  One other thing I noticed is that while I am able to give feedback, we received zero feedback from 10/22 to 10/29 and even since then we got one maybe.  

I just wish that e-bay would let us know what is causing this no activity.   It is almost holiday season.  Where are the sales?  

Dear e-bay moderator, what is going on?   Why are we having such next to nothing sales pattern this time of the year?   Please let us know what is going on.  Thanks.

Good luck, sellers.  Hope November is different for all of us but here we are more than half day gone on the first of the month and sitting with one tiny sale early this am -- less than $10 so far.  Good luck.  Cheers.

Message 41 of 50
latest reply

I'm guessing, and hoping that's all it is, that as we get closer to the midterm elections people tend to be a bit more jittery and are holding off on buying.  Especially since this election cycle has been unusually more heated and contentious for a midterm election.

Message 42 of 50
latest reply

@vintagemelrose2009 wrote:

Hello again sellers - well I started this thread about 2 weeks ago and gave an update about a week ago.

No change as far as we are concerned.  Maybe a couple of days of exception but otherwise, same old story.  Since Monday, we had very very low dollar one or two sales -- maybe in the early morning and then just zero activity all day.  One other thing I noticed is that while I am able to give feedback, we received zero feedback from 10/22 to 10/29 and even since then we got one maybe.  

I just wish that e-bay would let us know what is causing this no activity.   It is almost holiday season.  Where are the sales?  

Dear e-bay moderator, what is going on?   Why are we having such next to nothing sales pattern this time of the year?   Please let us know what is going on.  Thanks.

Good luck, sellers.  Hope November is different for all of us but here we are more than half day gone on the first of the month and sitting with one tiny sale early this am -- less than $10 so far.  Good luck.  Cheers.

@vintagemelrose2009 #metoo between promoted listings, additional items listings fees, and store fees I'm in the red this month.  It's been a real nail biter the past two weeks

Message 43 of 50
latest reply

When it comes to clothing - we always have to re-evaluate to see how many of an item is actually listed and how many sold. I picked up a lot of things thinking it be an easy sale - only to find out there are thousands listed so I try to find unique things now.

I've been going thru all of my listings a little at a time and dropping prices big time just to get them out the door. It's not Ebay - but the lack of interest of buyers. Trends change and we have to keep up.

Message 44 of 50
latest reply

Same here regarding weighing whether eBay sales are worth the effort now.
Message 45 of 50
latest reply