cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone else have shipped packages that haven't updated for a week?

I shipped 11 packages last Tuesday and Wednesday. All were sent priority extra insurance if needed. None have been received and they say delayed due to weather problems. I'm in ND and the packages were going to different places. Buyers are wondering where their packages are. Is anyone else having this issue. A week for priority is crazy slow. I know there was problems in TX but these were going all over the country.

Message 1 of 47
latest reply
46 REPLIES 46

Yes. 

Message 2 of 47
latest reply

What are you telling the buyers? One of them started an item not received inquiry.

Message 3 of 47
latest reply

@moonlitememories wrote:

I shipped 11 packages last Tuesday and Wednesday. All were sent priority extra insurance if needed. None have been received and they say delayed due to weather problems. I'm in ND and the packages were going to different places. Buyers are wondering where their packages are. Is anyone else having this issue. 

Yes, including one numpty who filed an Item Not Received for a package that was one day beyond the Estimated Date of Delivery. This despite being told up front by both me and eBay (via a big warning on the package's tracking history page) that delays were expected.

It had been promised by eBay for delivery on Monday this week. On Tuesday he filed an INR. I uploaded the tracking number to the dispute and sent a note to the buyer, saying that the USPS is listing the package as delayed (which was true), but that I expected it to resurface any day now. Last night it did, and this morning it was delivered.

That package was going to Texas (which makes it especially silly that he filed the INR so quickly; everyone knows how bad things were down there), but I have a couple of others that are en route (i.e. they've already left the Chicago area) but slow to report anything recently. I'm not worried, as my packaging and labeling is secure, so they'll get there soon enough.

Just assure concerned buyers that you are monitoring the case, and that you expect the package to resurface soon. You could send them a link to their package on USPS.com as well. They could sign themselves up for future notifications there too.

Message 4 of 47
latest reply

I have had 3 packages that haven't been delivered for upto 4 weeks. Normal delivery time is 7-10 days.  Ebay is the only company in the whole world that hasn't made any accommodation for shipping delay issues due to the covid. Every delivery service including USPS have suspended their "on time guarantee"....but ebay still penalizes the seller for delays. They still have a system that treats delivery delays as if we are still in 2019. And because of that I have had 3 buyers open a "not received" inquiry and ebay refunded the buyer......in 2 cases without my approval ! Then, when the item is finally delivered, and it always will be, the buyer just kept it. Ebay's response when I asked for help was "ask the buyer nicely to return it....we have no authority to refund the money (we took)." Trying to get a straight answer from someone at eBay about the issue is impossible. Anyone who could help is hidden behind layers of novice call centre operators in the Philippines who have no authority to do anything except read a script. No responsible company would be so corrupt as to treat their "partners" with such contempt.  The phrase "all credit and no responsibility" and "arrogant indifference" so appropriately describes our relation with eBay. I'm done with eBay after 12 years. Sick of being treated like I'm the one trying to take advantage and having my problems dealt with by a computer program. Enough is enough...there are options.

Message 5 of 47
latest reply

Yes 

almost 2 weeks now no update 

Message 6 of 47
latest reply

If the post office never did an acceptance scan you are screwed and are going to lose a lot of money.

If the post office scanned them at some point just kick the can down the road. Explain the weather delays, if they open case ask ebay to put it on hold. Packages are mostly getting through,.

But if the post office never scanned them you are in trouble. 

Message 7 of 47
latest reply

I purchased a item on 2-17.

Shipped 2-18.

Estimated delivery date 2-22.

Tracking shows package stuck in Atlanta, GA for 6 days since 2-18.

Cannonball - Supertramp
Message 8 of 47
latest reply

Just to show how detached the eBay developers are from the reality of delivery issues due to covid...globally....they still have their "Guaranteed Delivery" program active. This is a huge trap for sellers to fall into. According to the program...if the item isn't delivered by the date listed in the ad then the buyer gets to have a refund, automatically taken from the sellers account. So what happens when the item is delivered (and it will be)? Well, according to eBay, you can appeal to the honesty of the buyer to return the item or send you the purchase price. Ebay is out of it and accepts no responsibility for the trouble THEY have caused. It's just unbelievable to me that eBay has made no effort to protect the sellers during these times of covid with all the delivery issues caused by reduced staffing at parcel sorting facilities through sickness or because of safety requirements and onsite personnel spacing, reduced types of transport available to move parcels across the country or around the world. None of the delays are the result of an irresponsible act by the seller or their failure to get the sale into the delivery stream without delay. Wake up eBay and make an effort to join the rest of the world in making system changes made necessary by the pandemic. Try to be more helpful to your partners and less of a hindrance.

Message 9 of 47
latest reply

Yes. I've been buying several items from a guy in Montana over the last month or so. I'm in California. All were sent Priority mail and all have taken 8-10 days to reach me. You'd never suspect this was Priority mail. They all went without any scans for 6-8 days after the initial acceptance scan at his post office. I know it's snowing up there, but come on! It's not biblical snowstorms.

Message 10 of 47
latest reply

I shipped an item 2/13 priority mail.  As of 2/24 it is still not delivered.  Why are we paying priority prices if our packages aren't a priority?  I think we should all get refunded.  This was one eligible for media mail, but since it was going to Hawaii, I upgraded it to priority (on my dime) to ensure it would arrive in a timely manner.

evry1nositswindy  •  seller since 2013
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 11 of 47
latest reply

Yep, missing since the 8th.  eBay suggested I explain the delay do to the bad weather in Texas.  But that is nonsense as anyone who checks the weather will see this package should have been long out of Texas before the bad weather hit.

Screenshot 2021-02-24 123706.png

Message 12 of 47
latest reply

I'm in ND too (Bismarck), and yes, everything that I shipped (USPS Priority and First Class) since the 13th gets scanned in at the local distribution center then absolutely no scans after that.  The earlier packages were getting arrived and departed scans at the Bismarck distribution center but since the 18th packages are only getting the arrived scans.  I open missing mail cases after 7 days but still nothing.  Before the 13th everything was getting delivered surprisingly fast (2-3 days) but after the 13th its been a real nightmare.  I stopped listing new items until I see that the USPS is back on track...hopefully that will be soon but who really knows anymore.  Crazy times these are (Yoda voice).  Does anybody know with INR cases, do you really have to contact Ebay to get an extension or is just inputting the tracking number to the case enough to have ebay add more time?

Message 13 of 47
latest reply

@stephenmorgan wrote:

Yep, missing since the 8th.  eBay suggested I explain the delay do to the bad weather in Texas.  But that is nonsense as anyone who checks the weather will see this package should have been long out of Texas before the bad weather hit.

Screenshot 2021-02-24 123706.png

Here is another case of sheer folly.  The USPS "Package Research Case".

Open case.

Office responsible gets the notice on their computer. (Likely the next day depending upon time opened)

That office must take action within 3 business days.

If any tracking updates seen by that office ( same tracking info that we see) , said tracking info gets updated.

If nothing shows in the 3 business days the "Research Case" is closed by the responsible office.  Sometimes they have time to call the person that opened the case, sometimes not.

---------------------------------

There is an even better one. The "missing mail search".  Completely automated.

"Missing mail search". 

You open one.

You get an automated notice that the request was received.

Monthly, if not delivered, you continue to get automated messages that they are searching,  will continue to search, and apologize for the delay.

After some time the monthly message will change to "sorry" we did not find it. (sometimes the messages continue saying we are still looking after the 1st one even when the item shows delivery)

No one is looking !!!!  other than the tracking system itself, and it often doesn't even know.

Did one Dec 4 for a package scanned "missent" on Nov 30.  It got delivered 4 weeks later on Dec 28.

On Jan 3rd USPS sends an automated message.

The US Postal Service® received the search request you submitted and it's being processed. Your package has not yet been recovered, but every effort is being made to locate your item(s).

On Feb 3rd USPS closes the  search, and sends a message

We regret to inform you that after thoroughly searching for your mail we were unable to locate your missing item(s).

Not a one off occurrence.  Have had this happen multiple times, and before this one the messages went on for months.

---------

And back at the OP's ?. Yup, seeing delays.  Texas was not the only place in the country that had/has weather related delay issues

Message 14 of 47
latest reply

I'm thinking (hoping) that ebay is extending estimated delivery times to help protect sellers from INR cases, for an item I bought on Feb 14 last scan says "processed through USPS Albany NY 2/16", nothing since

The estimated delivery date was 2/19 and on my purchase history page it still shows as 2/19 but when I go to the original listing page it has been moved to March 4?

Message 15 of 47
latest reply