cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone else get this?

“Beta test for Buyer Calls before purchase” email? Ya.....No thanks. What your thoughts on this?

Message 1 of 30
latest reply
29 REPLIES 29

Re: Anyone else get this?

I wonder if ebay will be a 3rd Party in the Call. Pffft, like they have the time n manpower for that now
Message 16 of 30
latest reply

@discountme wrote:
LOL I need to get in the landline business

Or just do what ebay CS does... outsource those calls to an overseas center.

Message 17 of 30
latest reply

Just NO. If a buyer is so high maintenance that they need to call you at home any time they feel like it to ask stupid questions before they commit to something they have a 6 month window to return anyway-they can go shop somewhere else.

Message 18 of 30
latest reply

This is just one more thing I`ll have to keep checking to make certain ebay hasn`t opted me in to without my knowledge. SMH

"There`s always barber college" - Dalton - Road House
Message 19 of 30
latest reply

I used to list my 800 number in my listings, back years ago when it was allowed.  I had many conversations with great buyers that way.  I also got calls at 3 AM, which was not so nice.  Buyers assumed that an 800 number meant 24 hour "operators on call", as the TV ads used to say.

I now send out the number to all my buyers by including it in the package when I ship.  I have sorted out quite a few problems without involving eBay because of it. 

Don't get paranoid about the whole idea. 

----------------------------
Successful and experienced seller since 1997, over 70,000 feedback, boardie since the boards were begun.
Message 20 of 30
latest reply

My thought is that it's optional.
Message 21 of 30
latest reply

Buyers call me before purchase?

Uh ... no.

Not no way ... not no how.

I'm ̶p̶r̶e̶t̶t̶y̶ ̶s̶u̶r̶e̶ certain the lunatics have taken over the asylum.
Message 22 of 30
latest reply

Can’t wait for the 1am caller who doesn’t “understand” time zones😒

Message 23 of 30
latest reply

@myboardid wrote:

I used to list my 800 number in my listings, back years ago when it was allowed.  I had many conversations with great buyers that way.  I also got calls at 3 AM, which was not so nice.  Buyers assumed that an 800 number meant 24 hour "operators on call", as the TV ads used to say.

I now send out the number to all my buyers by including it in the package when I ship.  I have sorted out quite a few problems without involving eBay because of it. 

No paranoia. This is a hobby for me. I don`t even want the phone calls I get now. If it wasn`t for my wife, I wouldn`t have a phone at all. I`ll just have to stick to emails.

"There`s always barber college" - Dalton - Road House
Message 24 of 30
latest reply

@discountme wrote:

“Beta test for Buyer Calls before purchase” email? Ya.....No thanks. What your thoughts on this?

Yes I also got this email. The category I sell in does not justify joining the beta test. I won't opt in to it.

However, I have read on these boards sellers in the tech categories asking that their #'s be allowed back on their listings. so maybe this is a work around for some that need it. It may even help reduce some returns, I guess we have to wait and see who will opt in and the reasons why.

Message 25 of 30
latest reply

Im not too worried about this. If only E bay would turn my lights back on...

Message 26 of 30
latest reply

I’m like the female version of u 😆
Message 27 of 30
latest reply

I think I’m finally getting a more clear picture here. Before, with all the constant changes that were driving sellers away because they made no sense, I was like why are they self sabotaging? Now with this, which will pry eventually become required of sellers I think they’re trying to weed out anyone who does not completely comply with every offered discount, rule and expectation they set. I will be surprised if I’m still here in the next 2 years if they do.
Message 28 of 30
latest reply

@myboardid wrote:

I agree with what you've said, but eBay doesn't provide enough revenue these days to justify that level of personal attention. It's unfortunate, but it's the bed they've made.

Message 29 of 30
latest reply

@hillbillymedia wrote:

I don`t even want the phone calls I get now. If it wasn`t for my wife, I wouldn`t have a phone at all. I`ll just have to stick to emails.

I feel ‘ya ... If I never answered or talked on the phone for the rest of my life, I’d be OK with that.

I'm ̶p̶r̶e̶t̶t̶y̶ ̶s̶u̶r̶e̶ certain the lunatics have taken over the asylum.
Message 30 of 30
latest reply