cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone else experiencing a huge drop off in sales and views?

Anyone else having this problem? My sales completely died at the end of the weekend and haven’t picked up at all. My views are much lower and I’m getting no response on my offers which is unusual anyone know what’s up? 

Message 1 of 148
latest reply
147 REPLIES 147

Re: Anyone else experiencing a huge drop off in sales and views?

I think it is mostly the poor decisions made by ebay like changing the format of the categories. A disaster! They should go back ASAP to the old style of categories that was working very well. 

Message 61 of 148
latest reply

@laurabeardsley wrote:

I guess this proves how pathetic Ebay views really are. I sell on another site as well and views are much better. Ebay needs to be revised.

Not likely.  What it should show you is what most of us know to be happening right now.  The grocery prices and gas prices are likely taking most or all of the extra money people have to spend right now.  They are just trying to survive.  

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 62 of 148
latest reply

@misyo.us.eikk8eekg 

Like what?  Be specific.  What did Ebay change this month that caused this issue?

I've never experienced sending an email in Ebay that doesn't make it through to the intended party.  If you are trying to email your buyer directly using the email address that Ebay created for the transaction for the buyer, of course that won't work outside of Ebay.  It was never intended to and BTW, this has been the case for a few years now, certainly nothing new.

Feedback has NOTHING to do with your status as a seller or your performance stats.  Views nor feedback has anything to do with how Ebay evals a seller.

Much of what you say I'm not following.  But how can anyone take your money if you aren't making any sales?  

Here are your options for contacting Ebay Customer Service.

https://twitter.com/askebay?lang=en

https://www.facebook.com/eBayForBusiness/

If when you use the link below you can only get to the Automated Assistant, type AGENT in the box and hit enter. You will then get more options.

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/How-do-I-contact-Customer-Support/m-p/32016431#M1783851

For the Payment Team
https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/getting-paid/getting-paid-items-youve-sold/payments-hold?id=4816&&...

Message 63 of 148
latest reply

Those 20ft x 8ftx 8ft compacted clothing containers with the majority of them being tags on are hitting like a title wave.

Message 64 of 148
latest reply

Yes……

I have seen a general disinterest in my own eBaying.

………maybe if eBay brings back those executives that were paid tens of millions a year (or 10 months) for “all that great stuff they did,” eBay could get some of the ‘ol the magic back……….

Message 65 of 148
latest reply

You do have to wait it out in order to make a profit. You cannot start lowering your prices too much because you then cannot continue to buy inventory to replace those sold items and still make a profit. If you reduce prices too much you are going to go out of business in this current inflationary time. Costs to acquire items to sell are also up for many.

Message 66 of 148
latest reply

In the news yesterday the Dow Jones took a steep dive and it is attributed to consumers cutting back. Walmart, Amazon, Home Depot, Dollar tree, Target and many others having steep declines in sales.

Message 67 of 148
latest reply

The ole magic back has to do with getting these insane prices on gas, food, housings, utilities DOWN.

Message 68 of 148
latest reply

@vintagecraze50 wrote:

You do have to wait it out in order to make a profit. You cannot start lowering your prices too much because you then cannot continue to buy inventory to replace those sold items and still make a profit. If you reduce prices too much you are going to go out of business in this current inflationary time. Costs to acquire items to sell are also up for many.

I didn't say to make yourself profit free.  Your points are great, but I would hope sellers with experienced would realize this on their own.  However doing a Markdown sale can be very helpful during slow times like this.  

Message 69 of 148
latest reply

Yes, although I just got back from a long time of not selling. I noticed I can't even use the promoted option until 60 days.  I think the key is being consistent, good luck. 

Message 70 of 148
latest reply

Nothing in 2 Week Help Us 

Message 71 of 148
latest reply

@marybell214 wrote:

Nothing in 2 Week Help Us 

@marybell214 

While maybe not what you are use to or what you expect, according to your sold items you did sell a dozen items or so in the past two weeks.

I do understand that for some of us, me included, sales are slow right now.

Message 72 of 148
latest reply

Part couple days yeah

Message 73 of 148
latest reply

I drop off my orders to post office everyday.
And yes, the economy is really bad now.
Compare to the volume I saw before Co-vid19, the volume at the back of post office cubic has fallen into one thrid of the volume before.
And I see lots of old friends quit already, many new faces show up then disappeared after 3 months.

This inflation won't go away, it's here to stay.
People will get used to it after a few months, then economy will pick up again.

Message 74 of 148
latest reply

Sales are as slow as ever. 

And when I have to deal with idiot buyers who make ridiculously low "best offers",

it's even more irritating.

Message 75 of 148
latest reply