cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Answer to the Watermark issue

Just read eBay came up with an answer to those who refuse to remove watermarks

Go ahead & keep them --- you will not be included in ANY 3rd party marketing ...

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Re: Answer to the Watermark issue

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/Watermarks-on-photos-are-here-to-stay/td-p/27807168/jump-to/fi...

Forget keeping up with the Joneses. Be the Finklegrubers!
OK kids, time to get the Dodge loaded up again. I hear 'Poppy's By the Tree' calling. This trip might be a long one too.
Message 2 of 7
latest reply

@chrysylys wrote:

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/Watermarks-on-photos-are-here-to-stay/td-p/27807168/jump-to/fi...

Here is the relevent paragraph:

Thank you to those who have already removed watermarks. We know in many cases this has been a significant effort. Because of those efforts, your listings will more likely be included in Google Shopping search, your products will be featured in our product-based shopping experience, and will be considered for our deals and seasonal promotions. And, eBay will even more delight buyers with a world-class retail experience.

This means, of course, that those who decided to keep their watermarks will not get any visibility, will not be included in any promotion, and none of their listings will be forwarded to Google or any other search engine

But hey --- they "won" --- right ??????????????????

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Chances are better than average your listings wouldn't have been "promoted" in any way, anyhow so why lose sleep over the latest?

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

@campesinoplastic2014 wrote:

Chances are better than average your listings wouldn't have been "promoted" in any way, anyhow so why lose sleep over the latest?

Doesn't affect me in the least --- point of this is to remind everyone who owns the Sandbox ...

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

No, I'm just saying, you can add that to their huge list of "why your items are not being seen"

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

@campesinoplastic2014 wrote:

No, I'm just saying, you can add that to their huge list of "why your items are not being seen"

I understand --- but until everyone understands the venue has final say there are those who will be upset ...

Message 7 of 7
latest reply