cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another Seller hub glitch - end date missing

What happened to the end date column on Seller Hub? It is blank on every device I use. This just happened over the weekend. Is this another scheme by eBay to make more money? Now that the “end date” column is blank, it makes it more difficult to end GTC listings before they renew. 

Message 1 of 25
latest reply
24 REPLIES 24

Re: Another Seller hub glitch - end date missing

Bingo we have a winner! Tell him what he's won Bob.

Not fair to assume but lets look at every single "glitch" in the history of ebay. Always hurts the seller. Always causes increase in ebay revenue at sellers expense.

If it quacks like a duck..........
Message 2 of 25
latest reply

I don't see it either..........but I do see the time left column which shows how much time is left til they are renewed........... 

Message 3 of 25
latest reply

"time left" is to the extreme right, and ebay won't let you move it to the left nor move any other column beyond it.  If you want to see it without having to scroll, delete columns or get a huge monitor.  I didn't even know it was there, until I tried to figure out what was going on with "end date".  DETEST the auto-renewal of "good til cancelled".

Message 4 of 25
latest reply

Here is a workaround
Click on the ADVANCED link located in the upper right of many screens.
Scroll down to the SELLERS section
Click the box for Only Show Items From
Enter your seller ID
Scroll down to SORT BY
Select Time Ending Soonest
Scroll down to VIEW RESULTS
Select Show Item Numbers
Click on the Search button

Message 5 of 25
latest reply

Drag the bars to adjust their width. You can make the dividers as wide or narrow as needed, and if there's something there you don't want to see, just click customize at the top right and remove it.

The end date IS blank for some reason, but time left is there.

The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 6 of 25
latest reply

brian@ebay
eBay Staff (Alumni)

@creeg1 wrote:

What happened to the end date column on Seller Hub? It is blank on every device I use. This just happened over the weekend. Is this another scheme by eBay to make more money? Now that the “end date” column is blank, it makes it more difficult to end GTC listings before they renew. 

Hi @creeg1, since Good Til Cancelled items do not End (unless the items sells or the seller ends the listing manually), no information will appear in the End Date column. Auctions do have an end date so a date will appear in the End Date column for those listings. 

The Start Date column provides the day of the month an item was listed (for example, September 2nd). Since items renew on the same day every month (example, October 2nd, November 2nd, December 2nd, and so on), sellers will know the date every month when their Good Til Cancelled items will renew. If a seller wants to see how much time is left before the next renewal they can check the Time Left column for those details.

Brian,
Community Team
Message 7 of 25
latest reply

brian@ebay 

thanks, Brian, sometime we miss the forest for the trees........

Message 8 of 25
latest reply

Hi,

Thanks.

It previously showed me the renewal date in the "end date" column.

Message 9 of 25
latest reply

I double checked, it's still blank for auctions. The auction end dates aren't appearing in the "end date" column. Others are reporting the same problem.

Message 10 of 25
latest reply

Hmmmm, i guess they don't want you to end GTC listings before they renew.?

Papa Was A Rolling Stone - The Temptations
Message 11 of 25
latest reply

the end date info is still there, just hidden by ebay so you don't know when to canx gtc and sell similar.  the column still sorts ascending and descending tho, which means they hid it on purpose … NOT A GLITCH

Message 12 of 25
latest reply

@creeg1 wrote:

Message 13 of 25
latest reply

brian@ebay 

brian, is there a reason why on the manage listings pages you can NOT customize them and move the TIME LEFT column to the left?   it is stuck at the far right permanently right now … !

Message 14 of 25
latest reply

Hi @creeg1, since Good Til Cancelled items do not End (unless the items sells or the seller ends the listing manually), no information will appear in the End Date column. Auctions do have an end date so a date will appear in the End Date column for those listings. 

The Start Date column provides the day of the month an item was listed (for example, September 2nd). Since items renew on the same day every month (example, October 2nd, November 2nd, December 2nd, and so on), sellers will know the date every month when their Good Til Cancelled items will renew. If a seller wants to see how much time is left before the next renewal they can check the Time Left column for those details.

Not true!

Example: If you listed on the 31st of January, it will not renew on the 31st of February! Why not change the name of the field to "Renew Date"?

Message 15 of 25
latest reply