cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another Idiotic eBay Change - New Message Window

New message window rolled out within the past week that is 20% the size of the original one and forces you to get a magnifying glass to read a message. Not to mention, only way to read the prior message is to utilize a useless drag feature that does not expand the 2 inch message window outer border. Whomever thought this was a good change, I question their ability to perform at their position.

eBay message window.png

Once again, eBay changes things that do not need to be changed instead of focusing on other broken parts of the website. Goes back to the saying... If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Message 1 of 18
latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

Re: Another Idiotic eBay Change - New Message Window

This is how they programmers survive in a project oriented management system.
1st boast a bogus project to break things that are functioning well.
2nd submit another project to fix the broken glitches embedded intentionally in the 1st place.
3rd this loop goes on and on ...

This is how they get infinity of projects to do and get paid for.

Hey, they need to feed their family too ....
You think they concern about users and the integrity of the system? Nah! that's not happening.

Message 2 of 18
latest reply

LOL

Message 3 of 18
latest reply

I got a telescope equal to the ones at NASA so I can still read their crazy small fonts😂 The programmers at ebay have to much free time on their hands there is no need to keep changing things up at the rate they do.

Message 4 of 18
latest reply

An expandable window with a corner drag, stuck inside a fixed size field with scroll bars... ouch.

One possible workaround: use your browser's zoom feature to enlarge the page. Hold down the control key and use +, -, or 0 (plus, minus or zero) to zoom in, out or reset and change the size to make things readable, then change back so other eBay pages are not gigantic.

Be sure to use the "Tell us what you think" link to give eBay some constructive criticism of the new design.

Message 5 of 18
latest reply

@eburtonlab wrote:

An expandable window with a corner drag, stuck inside a fixed size field with scroll bars... ouch.

One possible workaround: use your browser's zoom feature to enlarge the page. Hold down the control key and use +, -, or 0 (plus, minus or zero) to zoom in, out or reset and change the size to make things readable, then change back so other eBay pages are not gigantic.

Be sure to use the "Tell us what you think" link to give eBay some constructive criticism of the new design.

eBay project protocol bunny says:

72047802bb0f6e7ad112847f1ed4db797b25ea1c.gif

When you dine with leopards, it is wise to check the menu lest you find yourself as the main course.

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 6 of 18
latest reply

Couldn't agree with you more. I will never understand (even after 22 years of selling in here ) why every single change in here is always WORSE.

Message 7 of 18
latest reply

@eburtonlab wrote:

You gotta be kidding...right?

Message 8 of 18
latest reply

With the new messages change, I can't even contact buyers anymore. Every time I go to an item and click the "Contact Buyer" button I just redirected to my inbox.

Message 9 of 18
latest reply

I think someone posted suggesting an alternative link to send a message to a buyer that should still work if the usual link does not; I will see if I can find the original message. Possibly through the item listing? I am not a seller, so I have not run into that particular situation.

Here is the thread, I think:

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/How-can-I-contact-a-buyer-I-click-on-quot-contact-buyer-and-it...

Try going through the Orders section.

Message 10 of 18
latest reply

I was waiting to see a post like this come up. I’ve had this new and unimproved interface for over a week now. Not a fan. I mean yea I don’t mess up my business or anything. But it won’t help it at all neither. 

My experience tells me to be concerned at the side effects of this change… if the genius that implemented this change ended up breaking another part of eBay. Talk about job security.

Message 11 of 18
latest reply

@knnpin wrote:

This is how they programmers survive in a project oriented management system.
1st boast a bogus project to break things that are functioning well.
2nd submit another project to fix the broken glitches embedded intentionally in the 1st place.
3rd this loop goes on and on ...

This is how they get infinity of projects to do and get paid for.

Hey, they need to feed their family too ....
You think they concern about users and the integrity of the system? Nah! that's not happening.

Yup it’s like as if my mechanic got a job as an eBay programmer.

Message 12 of 18
latest reply

Surprised this new message window is still the way it is.

eBay sure does have a track record of liking to make things difficult.

Message 13 of 18
latest reply

I genuinely wish they would start firing site designers if they have so much idle time they have to break stuff and make unnecessary changes to justify their jobs.

Message 14 of 18
latest reply

Hate to say it, but the "Tell us what you think" is nothing more than an electronic garbage bin.  I would enjoy someone proving me wrong though.

Message 15 of 18
latest reply