cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

An explanation, an apology, and reassurance about the store promo fee mess

I am glad to see ebay seems to have fixed an apparent glitch discussed here:

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/Did-the-extra-10K-free-listings-in-select-categories-end/m-p/3...

This glitch (if that's what it was) created a great deal of anxiety for many sellers.

Yet, as I write this , we still have seen no actual response to our questions about this.

So, here's my vent, directed , not at velvet@ebay (I do appreciate her efforts to get answers), but at ebay management:

Obviously, the glitch itself should never have happened. But we all understand that glitches do happen. I can accept that fact (while still wishing they didn't happen quite so often on this platform).

No, what is inexcusable to me (and I'm sure I'm not alone) is ebay's failed response. Well, NON-response.

There was a brief period of time when I might have expected Marnie or Harry or maybe Jordan to respond to an anxiety inducing problem like this. Instead, velvet@ebay is still waiting to hear back from the "team"

ebay, in this instance (as in so many others) you have utterly failed Seller Engagement 101. The cumulative effect of these persistent failures is to further deplete whatever confidence and goodwill the seller community still feels towards ebay management. In today's world, ebay faces very real competition, competition which is growing rapidly as ebay seems to decline. I am an ebay seller. I want ebay to be successful. I will not leave here while I can still manage to sell stuff here. I want to think of ebay as my partner, or at least, my platform of choice. 

But I also want ebay to show sellers at least some minimal respect. This non-response to a significant issue displays ebay's complete lack of respect for its seller community. I will attend ebay Open this year. I'm guessing there will be a "clapping tunnel" type feature. It is very hard to take that seriously, or to take seriously management's talk of "seller engagement" , when management can't even respond to this matter.

If this was a glitch, we DESERVED a PROMPT explanation, an apology, and an HONEST statement about whether this fee provision will remain in effect, or is it slated for removal at some future point.

We still deserve all of that, but obviously, it is too late for a prompt response. 

ebay, I've been with you since the early days. I will continue here, because I believe ebay has real value for both me as a seller and for millions more people, buyers and sellers. 

After the departure of the last CEO, I had real hopes for an improvement in seller engagement. And I saw some real improvement. Mondays with Marnie, Harry's efforts to engage with the seller community, and more. However, the trend since then has been a lot of talk from management about the importance of seller engagement, while reducing the Seller Check Ins from monthly to Quarterly, Weekly Chat to Monthly Chat, and egregious non-responses to issues as we have seen here. It is past time to walk the walk, not just talk the talk. 

ebay management, you have got to do better.

You can start by offering us a real explanation, a sincere apology and an assurance about the status of the fee feature.

Message 1 of 18
latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

Re: An explanation, an apology, and reassurance about the store promo fee mess

That is good to know, thank you for the update. I knew Starboard was out, but Elliott being gone, I wasn't aware.

Soooo, then there really isn't any excuse for things not getting any better, other than retaining and/or hiring the same type of 'management' they always have.  Consistency isn't always good.

Not saying 'NO' doesn't mean 'YES'.

The foolishness of one's actions or words is determined by the number of witnesses.

Perhaps if Brains were described as an APP, many people would use them more often.

Respect, like money, is only of 'worth' when it is earned - with all due respect, it can not be ordained, legislated or coerced. Anonymous
Message 16 of 18
latest reply

Excellent post - bump

I have been imported from Australia and this is my posting ID
Message 17 of 18
latest reply

The "bigger" issue is that it is not "just" this one Glitch.

It is daily, sometimes hourly and it is stressful, ongoing with zero confidence that this Ship is ever going to sail upright again.  

I feel like we are at the shipyard, many have already de-boarded and found other ships and those of us still on this ship are not even certain it is sea-worthy most days.  Why is that??  

How many "more" convoluted "glitches" before things start to truly improve?  Is every **bleep** resource at e-Bay focused only on the Vault or Authentication programs?  If yes, then man up and admit it so Sellers can make educated decisions about their selling futures - I have passed on fall inventory to list here.  Just too **bleep** risky right now.

....... "The Ranger isn't gonna like it Yogi"......... Boo-Boo knew what he was talking about!

Posting ID Only.......
Yes, I have no Bananas, only Flamethrowers.......
Message 18 of 18
latest reply