cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyer says I cheated her....

I sold a doll to a buyer which she received Jun 30 ,gave me great feedback ,Said everything as described and was perfect . Now today she texts me and starts the I CHEATED HER and the doll was Not as described and she is angry . SO Now what .This a first for me and I know others have been thru this so what do I do ?

Message 1 of 64
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@sculley wrote:

The buyer only paid 5.50 for it. I know the shipping alone was more little over 5.50 to send it to her. So on top of sending her a refund for the doll and shipping ,I have to pay to have her send it back to me so I really lose. Bummer 

No you don't. you could just refund and lose mothing more than the original payment. 

View Best Answer in original post

Message 41 of 64
latest reply
63 REPLIES 63

Explain how the buyer thinks you cheated her. You never mentioned it in your post.

Message 2 of 64
latest reply

I wouldn't do anything if they haven't opened an official return request. Sounds like she is trying to get you to give her something back. If you must respond to her, ask her why she left positive feedback and now is bipolar.

Message 3 of 64
latest reply

@sculley 

I wonder if she has you confused with another seller? That's strange and also over 30 days old, sounds like her doll turned into Chucky! Lol.

Message 4 of 64
latest reply

Tell her you're sorry she feels cheated, but you didn't do anything, and see if she files a return for it.  Don't do anything like give her some money back, that's a common one, you scammed me, but I still want to keep it, right.   Make sure you stay within Ebays  system, it does offer some protection.   

Message 5 of 64
latest reply

If she received it June 30th, she's just cruised past her deadline to open an item not as described case with eBay, but she has 180 days to open a case with Paypal, or she can do a chargeback on her credit card.

Have you contacted her and asked what problem has suddenly popped up since she gave that FB? 

Message 6 of 64
latest reply

And, not sure which doll has suddenly become a problem, but several of yours are such low dollar items that you might consider just refunding without her opening any kind of case.  

Message 7 of 64
latest reply

When responding to the buyer, it might be a good idea to skip the word "bipolar".

Message 8 of 64
latest reply

I'm always cautious with adults who play with dolls. 

Message 9 of 64
latest reply

"I regret you are unhappy with your purchase. Please return it for a refund."

If she demands a partial refund, with no return.

If she opens a Dispute with eBay.

(She can't after 30 days).

If she opens a Dispute with Paypal

PP will tell her to pay for the tracked return. On return you will be told to refund.

If she opens a chargeback.

Chargeback policies differ, but perhaps at this point she will have given up.

Don't panic.

Try to get the doll back before refunding.

Message 10 of 64
latest reply

@sculley 

Hi - sorry this Buyer is finding you approx 30 days after delivery of their item.

What does the Buyer "allege" is the issue with the doll?  Is this something that could be applicable (just asking as sometimes things are sold and as a Seller we "miss" something inadvertently).

Let us know how best to assist you - would need a few more details to offer any real advice.  

....... "The Ranger isn't gonna like it Yogi"......... Boo-Boo knew what he was talking about!

Posting ID Only.......
Yes, I have no Bananas, only Flamethrowers.......
Message 11 of 64
latest reply

@sculley wrote:

I sold a doll to a buyer which she received Jun 30 ,gave me great feedback ,Said everything as described and was perfect . Now today she texts me and starts the I CHEATED HER and the doll was Not as described and she is angry . SO Now what .This a first for me and I know others have been thru this so what do I do ?

She texted you, or message you?

Message 12 of 64
latest reply

Text

Message 13 of 64
latest reply

The doll was in great pre-owned condition and I described everything to the best to my knowledge . She left me great feedback and then tells me she wants to return it because she is not as described . I asked what the problem was and why she thought I lied and cheated her. She said the head is not on the right body. Now I told her I got her that way and I displayed her as such and now she was sold to her . It's a good body but she didn't want that one . I can't sell her what I didn't get in the first place and never thought it was the wrong one. So what do I do ,because returning and refunding is going to be a nightmare with this one. I don't take returns as stated in my auction . I'm afraid I'm getting scammed by one that will keep the doll and get her money back.... I've heard from people that is why they stopped selling here. And yes I have sold dolls that I know are on the wrong body and have said so in my auctions ,So this one slipped through  unknown to me. Also I meant She got delivery July 30 not June 

Message 14 of 64
latest reply

...tell her to contact "Haunted Collector" about the doll's matter...

...was the doll a twin of Anabel...???

Message 15 of 64
latest reply