cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

An Abrupt and Complete Stop in Sales: Why? What's Going On?

An Abrupt and Complete Stop in Sales: Why? What's Going On?

The baby needs formula!

The light bill needs to be paid!

The mortgage needs to be paid!

The cupboards are getting bear!

..........................................................I do not have time for these abrupt and complete stop in sales.   Sheesh!

PS:  I am not referring to this acct. 

Message 1 of 179
latest reply
178 REPLIES 178

Re: An Abrupt and Complete Stop in Sales: Why? What's Going On?

Buyers in high taxed states don't just "get used to it" They find other outlets or start cutting back.

Message 166 of 179
latest reply

All stuff from China is not junk. About a year ago I bought a fake boob from China. It was great. I used it for a jack in the box. I took jack out and replaced it with the boob so it is now a boob in the box! I have it on my coffee table. People come over and want to play with the jack in the box. But then.....the boob pops out......I'm a clown.....

Message 167 of 179
latest reply

@jojitsusensei wrote:

Buyers in high taxed states don't just "get used to it" They find other outlets or start cutting back.

Not every state is a "high tax state".  If that were true, then what would be they comparing their tax rates to as they would all be the same or similar.  Some states have higher sales tax rates than others and some states do not have sales tax, instead they have an income tax.

While certainly for some buyers they are out there seeking other ways to get what they want.  For the most part that won't include the internet as all.  But I think most buyers will remain shopping on the internet as it is very easy and convenient for a great number of people for a variety of reasons.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 168 of 179
latest reply

Yeah, this platform is truly a sinking ship and I can make a sure bet it will never recover. I stuck it out all this year in hopes things would change for the better, but its obvious at this point its never going to happen.

ebay thinks marketing is all about paid ads, when its actually engaging and entertaining content that drives the bulk of traffic on the web today. People just ignore ads on the open web. ebay goes and pays Google for visibility because they don't know any better.

Message 169 of 179
latest reply

Why? Because they would want to turn search results over to stimulate sales for other sellers. If some sellers don't get any business, they'll stop listing. They'll loose sellers. The bigger question is, why would such a pattern exist if all sales were organic? Why would sales come in only in the last two hours of the day, not even one after midnight? There's no reason to think IT departments just sit on their hands all day.
Message 170 of 179
latest reply

That is funny about "heavier items". For some reason every time I sell a heavy item it's going to California. I thought the same thing! It's so weird! I don't know why they would only let you sell a certain amount per month but it does appear that there is a ceiling that I just can't break!
Message 171 of 179
latest reply

And like ZAMO said as soon as you have a really good day your sales crash and burn for the next few. I had 14 straight days of sales near the end of July then 2 days of zero sales then another 8 days with sales capping it off with the most expensive item I have ever sold on Ebay, a camera for $895.00. This sale took me out of the red and put me at 160% in the green over the previous 30 days and 120% in the green year over year at the same time last year. August started out pretty good Till I paid my $275.00 bill on the 6th. Now in the last 7 days my sales have fallen off a cliff again, No New Views on ANYTHING, No Buy It Now Sales, just a few sales that previously had many watchers on them. in this 7 day span I have had 4 or 5 days of ZERO SALES except for a few auctions that Previously had bids on them from 10 days ago.  Now I am had on a rapid pace back into the RED NEGATIVE sales territory over previous 30 days and soon to be year over year! There is controlled limits and sales velocity with out a doubt!

Message 172 of 179
latest reply

@zamo-zuan wrote:

How often have you seen *anyone* saying "Wow these new sponsored listings are AWESOME!"? 

Yet that's what eBay claims they're being told. Not only how great they are, but that sellers are "begging for more"!

How many of you were surveyed about Sponsored Listings...?

I could not perform a search without being aggravated with all those Sponsored items, so I had to block all those ads with free AdBlocker. Now, if I look to buy something, I get an organic search without those more expensive and irrelevant listings. Once a buyer realizes that anything marked with Sponsored is not the best deal, they will either leave platform or install AdBlocker.

I tested Promo feature as a seller, almost doubled trending rate, yet zero result. Removed that nonsense from those listings. If everybody starts using Promo extra fees, what`s the point of it...more expensive for sellers and buyers - not good.

Message 173 of 179
latest reply

I would love to see the algorithm ebay supposedly has to pull that off on your account as well as tailor it similarly to the hundreds of thousands of other sellers?

Message 174 of 179
latest reply

Went from 4-5 sales per day, now am lucky to get one every other day.  Adding new things, got Best Offer and a sale going, yet nothing.  Something evil is happening.  

Why can't eBay love me like I want to be loved.  cry

FYI:

Do not bother analyzing this account this is not the account I'm referring to.

Message 175 of 179
latest reply

@jojitsusensei wrote:

I live in a high taxed state - we're used to it - we may not like it, but it's the way it is.

“The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.”
— Alice Walker

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 176 of 179
latest reply

I just started selling elsewhere and

i have sold roughly 75 items through the new place since June. 

Not great but not bad for just starting. 

I still sell here but it’s very weak. 

Dear God, please help me to be
the person my dog thinks I am.
Message 177 of 179
latest reply

eBay figures since they showed you the item once and you did not buy it, you are no longer interested.  Then they show other items, maybe similar.

Message 178 of 179
latest reply

Try and stay positive, we should all follow closely the news coming from the UPU gathering, scheduled for Sept. 24-25
Just think , how it'll be when there are hundreds of thousands less eBay listings due to these Chinese sellers being gone from Ebay and the rest of the eCommerce venues known to all...

Message 179 of 179
latest reply