cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Also done. After 22+ years, I’m never selling on eBay again.

Same story here.. sold something for $220 bucks, they rounded up to $243 and charged 13% on that. It’s been 2 weeks and eBay is still holding my money as they please for no reason. Seller has already received their item a week ago. 
They’re clearly trying to make up for losing sales by now controlling the cash flow and holding money hostage. What kind of business just gets to keep your money for whatever timeframe they choose? 
Also, I’ve had my account since 1999, have had 100% positive feedback for over a decade and a half, now there’s remarks showing negative “over 12 months ago” at the top of my seller feedback??? I feel like I’m dealing with the IRS. Maybe they think they’re part of the Federal Gov too?? Well that’s all. Rant off. Later, was fun. 

Message 1 of 40
latest reply
39 REPLIES 39

Feel better now?

Message 2 of 40
latest reply

Hi

Yes many sellers are having this pulled on them.  The only thing I could think of why they might be doing this is if you haven't sold an item in awhile, like months.  I am guessing there is no actual person that does this, rather their almighty algorithm is doing this.  Wouldn't be surprised if it boiled down to this.

Message 3 of 40
latest reply

There's a method behind the madness. Tick and read... you'll be there somewhere. >> Payments on hold | eBay

Hang in there...

Message 4 of 40
latest reply

@goldensubaru  If you haven't sold anything in the last 90 days, you're treated as a new seller subject to new seller holds.  It's something that is the case for everyone.  Older accounts, particularly with low feedback/infrequent use, have been subject to hijacking (you can buy them online).

When you dine with leopards, it is wise to check the menu lest you find yourself as the main course.

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 5 of 40
latest reply

Looks like until your recent sale, you havent sold anything for a year, Ebay considers you a new seller with no recent selling history, and doesn care how long you've been a member. They prefer that any refunds come out of your pocket, not theirs.And not to be snarky but you have two negs in your history for non delivery of sold items, and I expect that will play a part in your funds held. Usual holds for infrequent sellers are 21 to 30 days, good luck.

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

“Never pick a fight with an ugly person. They don’t have anything to lose.” ~Robin Williams
Message 6 of 40
latest reply

I'm just turning 22 years old and I'm just starting to sell. Is there any hope ? 

Message 7 of 40
latest reply

A little yes. Thank you for asking. 

Message 8 of 40
latest reply

@goldensubaru 

Sorry you are so unhappy your FIRST thought is stomp your foot and say I will never sell here again.

Wish you had posted here before you decided to sell again - we might have been able to save you some consternation and stress.  This is not the e-Bay your remember from a year or two ago.  A LOT has changed.

Give it time - if it has already been 2+ weeks, you are likely getting close to the timeline for your monies to be released.  If you go to your email messages, you likely have some addressing this and in your Seller Hub, if you click on "Payments", it will show the hold and approx date of release.

Good luck to you as you stomp off into the e-Bay Seller sunset.  

....... "The Ranger isn't gonna like it Yogi"......... Boo-Boo knew what he was talking about!

Posting ID Only.......
Yes, I have no Bananas, only Flamethrowers.......
Message 9 of 40
latest reply

Understood. My comment about the negative feedbacks at the top.. those 2 were all I’ve ever had, were resolved and are at least 17 years ago.. 

Message 10 of 40
latest reply

The fees now are the bigger sting here. 

Message 11 of 40
latest reply

I will stomp for sure. The fees now are ridiculous compared to what I’m used to but they’re just following suit. Lesson learned. 

Message 12 of 40
latest reply

EBay doesn't round up.  The fee is on the item + shipping + tax collected.

evry1nositswindy  •  seller since 2013
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 13 of 40
latest reply

@goldensubaru wrote:

...The fees now are ridiculous compared to what I’m used to ...

What's the biggest shock about the fees now? 

No one asked, but I am looking forward to the day when having feedback default sorted by relevance seems right.
Message 14 of 40
latest reply

If that is your decision, good luck to you in your future endeavors.

"It is an intelligent man that is aware of his own ignorance."
Message 15 of 40
latest reply