cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Also done. After 22+ years, I’m never selling on eBay again.

Same story here.. sold something for $220 bucks, they rounded up to $243 and charged 13% on that. It’s been 2 weeks and eBay is still holding my money as they please for no reason. Seller has already received their item a week ago. 
They’re clearly trying to make up for losing sales by now controlling the cash flow and holding money hostage. What kind of business just gets to keep your money for whatever timeframe they choose? 
Also, I’ve had my account since 1999, have had 100% positive feedback for over a decade and a half, now there’s remarks showing negative “over 12 months ago” at the top of my seller feedback??? I feel like I’m dealing with the IRS. Maybe they think they’re part of the Federal Gov too?? Well that’s all. Rant off. Later, was fun. 

Message 1 of 40
latest reply
39 REPLIES 39

Re: Also done. After 22+ years, I’m never selling on eBay again.

DJI Pocket 2 Camera with original box/accessories and 128gb Card

Price:
US $220.00
Shipping cost $5.00

So you say total was by eBay of $243 so tax payed by purchaser was: $18.00

Ebays fees are based on the total of sale, Plus shipping and tax if any then variable final value is calculated.

Added to that is the fixed of $ .30

Fees would be at 12.9 percent of total, $31.38 or so. plus the .30 for a total of $31.68.

Welcome to learning what it cost to sell on eBay.... Only great thing about Managed Payments is that sellers can now see what it costs. You are not the first to find this out since managed payments, nor will you be the last.

Good luck on what ever you do.

Message 31 of 40
latest reply

Thank you for your insight, knowledge and experience.  Guiding me in the right direction. 

Message 32 of 40
latest reply

Thank you for your insight, knowledge and experience. Guiding me in the right direction.  I will take note. 

Message 33 of 40
latest reply

Thank you once again for your insight, knowledge and experience on ebay. Guiding me in the right direction. I will take note. 

Message 34 of 40
latest reply

You've only sold one item in the last year. Ebay says you are a new seller regardless of what you did years ago.

Message 35 of 40
latest reply

@donsdetour wrote:

.... Only great thing about Managed Payments is that sellers can now see what it costs. You are not the first to find this out since managed payments, nor will you be the last.

Amen!  the total "take-out" is about the same now as before Managed Payments (sometimes even a bit less) but evidently a lot of sellers are, unbelievably to me, seeing for the first time what that "take-put" is, I guess because it's all in one place now.

Or, maybe some of them haven't sold anything since all the "marketplace facilitators" had to begin collecting and remitting sales tax in 2019.   (In OP's case, that must be what she thought was eBay "rounding up," something eBay does not do.)

-

Message 36 of 40
latest reply

Yes there is - read the User Agreement - ask questions or ask for clarity.  There are lots of knowledgeable people  on this site willing to help for free plus there is the Help & Contact tab where you can search for  info/clarity etc Time is on your  side - I'm a '44 year model and my  almost 4  y.o. grandson knows  more  than I do - he can manipulate a cell & tablet pretty darn good.  Learn some thing every day at least one or more new things.  Read and pay attention to the  Announcements - generally  the big announcements occur in the Spring and Fall but  sometimes they are at diff times - general there are pre Annoucement - just check them when you sign on..  Many issues that you are reading about is because the OP  did not read.  .  Make certain you under stand shipping services & policy and associated costs, weight & size  limits.  Personally I only used USPS services and bought all my labels thru eBay. - Sold  on eBay for Jan 10, 2010 until Oct 2021.  Go to USPS.com and read USPS policy- in my opinion  UPS & Fed Ex can get a little knotty - wait a little while before you get fancy.

My first suggestion is you  change your return policy to 30 days buyers pay for return.  No returns does not mean no refunds - read eBays Money Back Guarantee (link below) - you offering  some moderately $y items - a scammer can get your item and a full refund -

https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/ebay-money-back-guarantee-policy/ebay-money-back-guarantee-policy...

"I have the right to remain silent but I didn't have the ability." Ron White, Fritch, Texas
"Stay away from negative people, they have a problem for every solution." A. Einstein
The Devil made me do it! - Flip Wilson
If the band can only play loud - they ain't no good - peps too J.R. Johnson
Message 37 of 40
latest reply

Thank you so much. It sounds like you've been at it for a while. Thank you for all your advice.  I will take note. 

Message 38 of 40
latest reply

I feel the same way Been EBAY member 22 Years  And was proud of the time ...

Its 2024 seller fees are  WOW !!! will be closing my account Friday  Had enough No customer service wont answer the phones just tells you to go online for your answers and help ... Just my 2 cents !! God Bless 

Message 39 of 40
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 40 of 40
latest reply