cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

All Government, Surplus and Military listings being removed?

Just wondering if anyone else is having this issue. My Military listings are being removed. The two that were removed were for Government Issue Cold weather wool inserts for gloves. I talked to a supervisor and was told I am not allowed to sell anything that is Government Issued or has the title Military? Why then does Ebay have categories for Military??  I have been selling for years on Ebay and that is my store Military items and surplus? Over 7,000 and 100% positive? Sooo I was told the DOD contacted them for removal. The email Ebay sent to me said I did not follow the Firearms, Weapons, and Knives policy? Again these are gloves. I have spoken to four different people and a supervisor.  They said the computer is taking off anything that has Government Issue or Military, then they said it was the DOD. Since that is mostly what I sell, I guess everything will be removed. I read the ITAR that they told me to read to see what I can sell. I found I can sell Chemical Pants, socks, boots. Which they have removed in the past. I also read I can sell gun slings, which they have removed in the past as well.  I have now contacted the DOD myself to see if I can sell gloves from the Government (Surplus). So I will wait for their reply. The Ebay site also states if you can find it at a retail store you can sell it. Guess what I buy mine at retail Army, Navy, retail stores. I have also contacted several Army-Navy stores and they have all said there is no such thing and they have never been contacted by the Government. Also, I would like to add the Government does auctions on Government items you can buy and sell! Hmmm very interesting!!

Message 1 of 98
latest reply
97 REPLIES 97

Re: All Government, Surplus and Military listings being removed?

Next they'll remove listings for surplus men's briefs cuz some middle-eastern terrorist disguised as a Honduran asylum-seeker might hide a bomb in them.

List more, sell more. Goodwill that other, uh, stuff.

Feeling sleepy? There's an app for that.
Message 16 of 98
latest reply

if it was a vero take down they will list the contact info in the takedown message

i stopped selling this stuff when they decided to copy right unit insignia years ago knew it was just a matter of time. when i asked when they were going to copyright the us flag the dod guy didnt have an answer. and 3 days is light count yourself lucky

Message 17 of 98
latest reply

@Anonymous

Could you check this out?????

Message 18 of 98
latest reply

what am i checking out?

Message 19 of 98
latest reply

wasn't directed at you, Forgotten.  Am calling one of the ebay employees (Trinton) who can perhaps get the straight information about what's going on. 

Message 20 of 98
latest reply

Anyone here who served in the military?

Are there certain things you keep and others that you have to return when you leave service?

I think this is where the confusion lies.

I have read articles where service men are taking all this stuff with them and then selling it.  I do understand it can get quite expensive.

Also, on these listings, are some trying to sell it Internationally, as all surplus is US only.

Message 21 of 98
latest reply

thanx confused me. im sure its the dod and not ebay they did the same thing awhile back with their "LOGOS". ebay has to pull items when asked its up to you to file a counter claim. seems overly broad but I pulled my bdu items just in case. you cant fight the government without loosing or going broke. they tend to do this on ebay only, through the vero program. on other sites they would need to send out individual complaints and its usually only a hand full of jag officers patrolling.
Message 22 of 98
latest reply

you are allowed to keep some items that are issued although its been 20 years since i served i took home my field jackets and cold weather foot wear. some of this gear you buy at the px if it wears out. im assuming if you can buy it at the px they cant stop you from reselling it but why take the chance

Message 23 of 98
latest reply

@dhbookds wrote:

@Anonymous

Could you check this out?????

Hi @walter847! We are regularly contacted by several government agencies with various requests. We work with these agencies to honor their requests, which include removing listings from our site. You mentioned in this thread that you've contacted the DOD, which is the best route to go for for the situation you've described. They should provide you with more details relevant to the action taken. 

Brian,
Community Team
Message 24 of 98
latest reply

I had a RECORD ALBUM removed a few years ago... I think it was an annual prayer service from the Nixon era... something like that. If ebay got so nitpicky with something like that, I'm not surprised they are "cracking down" on you and other sellers...

Message 25 of 98
latest reply

Yes I would also like him to check this out! I would like to see proof from Ebay that the DOD asked to take down cold weather gloves. Your trying to tell me the defense department is worried about gloves!!! Why if your removing our listings. You cant show us a letter the DOD sent you. I think it's because it's not true! Show me the proof not just because you say so. Really!!!

Message 26 of 98
latest reply

@walter847 wrote:

Yes I would also like him to check this out! I would like to see proof from Ebay that the DOD asked to take down cold weather gloves. Your trying to tell me the defense department is worried about gloves!!! Why if your removing our listings. You cant show us a letter the DOD sent you. I think it's because it's not true! Show me the proof not just because you say so. Really!!!

Yes, eBay, show us the letter from DoD.  I have emailed them and no response.  Did they actually send you a letter or is this just made up by someone at eBay who dislikes these listings for some reason.  SHOW  US THE LETTER.  @trinton

Message 27 of 98
latest reply

Since I have complained about this situation my sales have stopped  completely. Really Ebay. With over 600 items on and not one sale, strange!! Hmmm something seems a little fishy to me!!

Message 28 of 98
latest reply

We won’t see the letter. eBay doesn’t care to inform sellers of anything unless they have to. 

Even is you got a list from DOD it would take a fight to get listing approval. 

Dear God, please help me to be
the person my dog thinks I am.
Message 29 of 98
latest reply

@trustedbasset wrote:

We won’t see the letter. eBay doesn’t care to inform sellers of anything unless they have to. 

Even is you got a list from DOD it would take a fight to get listing approval. 

There won't be a letter, won't be confirmation of take downs, won't be a list , and won't be a why.

No one at DoD will respond ever and it is pointless to contact them and ebay knows that.

Message 30 of 98
latest reply