cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

All Government, Surplus and Military listings being removed?

Just wondering if anyone else is having this issue. My Military listings are being removed. The two that were removed were for Government Issue Cold weather wool inserts for gloves. I talked to a supervisor and was told I am not allowed to sell anything that is Government Issued or has the title Military? Why then does Ebay have categories for Military??  I have been selling for years on Ebay and that is my store Military items and surplus? Over 7,000 and 100% positive? Sooo I was told the DOD contacted them for removal. The email Ebay sent to me said I did not follow the Firearms, Weapons, and Knives policy? Again these are gloves. I have spoken to four different people and a supervisor.  They said the computer is taking off anything that has Government Issue or Military, then they said it was the DOD. Since that is mostly what I sell, I guess everything will be removed. I read the ITAR that they told me to read to see what I can sell. I found I can sell Chemical Pants, socks, boots. Which they have removed in the past. I also read I can sell gun slings, which they have removed in the past as well.  I have now contacted the DOD myself to see if I can sell gloves from the Government (Surplus). So I will wait for their reply. The Ebay site also states if you can find it at a retail store you can sell it. Guess what I buy mine at retail Army, Navy, retail stores. I have also contacted several Army-Navy stores and they have all said there is no such thing and they have never been contacted by the Government. Also, I would like to add the Government does auctions on Government items you can buy and sell! Hmmm very interesting!!

Message 1 of 98
latest reply
97 REPLIES 97

Wow.. me too .. I just got a 3 day suspension ... we called ebay and they are saying , the DOD took it down, I have an anchor store , I didnt even get a warning , all I want to know is what can I sell and what cant I sell, My store is 50 percent Military , Im worried , do I have to take down everything Military . Is there anyone out there that can give us an official answer. here is a list of all they took down... I am a top rated seller , I follow the rules , if the rules have changed , please let me know what the new rules are .
Hello

need some help : I just got a 3 day suspension for violation of Firearms, Weapons, and Knives

I try very hard not to list any of my Military that is a Policy Violation : When we called ebay , the only thing they can tell me is DOD took these down, All I wanted was the answer of what was it I did wrong, and please tell me what I did wrong so I dont do it again . Im worried as I am a single Mom and my ebay store is my only source of income. All I want is to not have anymore violations . Any Experts out there ? Freaking Out . below is the list of items that I was in violation of .

DCU Cold Weather Desert Field JACKET w/ Hood Medium Short Coat & LINER
M-65 MILITARY COLD WEATHER WOODLAND BDU HOODED FIELD SMALL REGULAR COAT & LINER
OD GREEN US ARMY COMBAT VEHICLE CREWMEN's COVERALLS Hood / Balaclava ONE SIZE
DCU Cold Weather Desert Field Hooded SMALL R Zip Up CLASS 4 Coat JACKET & LINER
DCU Cold Weather Desert Field Coat Hooded SMALL LONG JACKET & LINER
M-65 DCU Cold Weather Desert Field Hooded JACKET Medium Long Coat & LINER
DCU Cold Weather Desert 3 Color Field Hooded JACKET Medium Long Coat W LINER
DCU Cold Weather Medium Long Desert Three Color Field Hooded JACKET Coat W LINER
M-65 DCU Cold Weather Desert Field Hooded Medium Long Coat JACKET & LINER Pre-owned USGI Single Pair Military 5 Finger Glove Insert CW Lightweight Wool

Catherine
Message 2 of 98
latest reply

From what I am reading you cannot sell a military item that has to be returned when you leave the military, but it does not specify what.

Also you have to list it for domestic sale only, they cannot be sold Internationally.

Message 3 of 98
latest reply

Correct, I do not sell Internationally. I buy my items through Government liquidation and retail outlets. I believe Ebay is targeting Military items. Why,  I have no idea since they have Military categories.

Message 4 of 98
latest reply

Just found a thread through stars and stripes anything sold in a Surplus store is legal, which makes my glove inserts legal. Ebay is full of it, all I have to say is SHOPIFY your own website!! Where I am going!!!

Message 5 of 98
latest reply

Thats where I get my stuff : Im confused, they took down my field jackets and coveralls . do you have the link for the stars and stripes article ? this cant be right ... there are 10s of thousands sellers on ebay that sell Military , I wish the DOD would reach out to us and give us specific guidelines .
Message 6 of 98
latest reply

Maybe too much of their stuff is walking out the door and it is expensive to replace.

Message 7 of 98
latest reply

Here is what I found on Stars And Stripes

It’s not necessarily illegal to sell military items on eBay, depending what they are, said Army spokeswoman Lt. Col. Pamela Hart. Items that one might find in a military surplus store, for example, are legal to sell online.

and there you are!! 

Message 8 of 98
latest reply

Yes, eBay removd my dangerous gloves as well.  I guess I failed to warn buyers that babies might choke on them or something.

An eBay CSR told me DoD asked them to take down the listing and suggested that I email the Joint Equipment Assessment Program at SMBLOGCOMJEAP@usmc.mil for more info.

I have sent an email requesting info about the take-down, but i'm not holding my breath waiting for a reply.

Once again eBay's secret philosophy leaks out:  "We're not happy 'til you're not happy."

List more, sell more. Goodwill that other, uh, stuff.

Feeling sleepy? There's an app for that.
Message 9 of 98
latest reply

Yes I just had an item removed.  A Coat!  I guess it's like a grenade.  Got a bunch of nonsence from the man.  Asked to speak to upper management.  Got NO where.  

Message 10 of 98
latest reply

Ebay apparently has a new CEO? Think that has something to do with it? I'm sure the DOD has more critical things to worry about, then wool gloves and coats. This is so silly!! The link I put up in the box you have to put your finger on it and move the bar to see the whole statement. You can sell anything you would purchase through a Army, Navy Surplus store!!

Message 11 of 98
latest reply

Can you contact the knowledgeable ebay supervisor with whom you spoke and ask the following? 

The DOD is a big place, who in the DOD made the request ?

Was the request presented in a personal or official capacity?

Message 12 of 98
latest reply

Yes, tried that and got the runaround, they could not even give me a list of items I should not sell. The supervisor was a joke, he told me I was not even allowed to sell replica bags or any replica Military items.  I do not believe the words on the listing Government issue is the reason, there is a lot of Government issue surplus, thats what surplus is extra Government issue items that you can buy. They also are telling me I can't sell Military collectibles.  But they have categories for all of this. So I guess Ebay has gone crazy!! I really dont know what's happening, I'm pretty much done at this point. If you look at their stock it is dropping, I wonder why!

Message 13 of 98
latest reply

Who's running the DOD this week anyway? Maybe it was just a tweet that went out taken the wrong way. Like tear gassing immigrants with something you could put on your salad. Something stupid like that said in a poor way by the DOD which Ebay interprets as that category no longer qualifies for business on this site? Something more to come?
Message 14 of 98
latest reply

So maybe the next ban will be on GI Joe toys and Battlefield games? This place just gets crazier and crazier. Glad I don't sell here anymore.....
Message 15 of 98
latest reply