cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add recommended item specifics is never ending

So I had about 115 of 150 listings need updating, which I did over several days and was done. Last week just had 110 pop back up on my to do list. Is Ebay  glitching again?

Message 1 of 17
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Add recommended item specifics is never ending

Ebay would like to take the opportunity and thank you for building their catalog, free of charge! 😀

Please take your time and don't hesitate to spend hours upon hours updating their (or your listings if you'd like to think that way) listings once or twice a month.

You're welcome!

View Best Answer in original post

Message 4 of 17
latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

I am not sure it is a glitch. I have over 500 items that they are saying need to be updated. When I go in to see what specifics they want to add, it shows specifics that I have already entered once. Many of my items are missing the size which I had already entered as it is a important specific.  Awhile back they did this again and it was a total disaster and sellers spent days correcting that mess. 

Message 2 of 17
latest reply

I've had specifics disappear also. I think the ones we've already put in are cleared when eBay resets the new specifics lists they are insisting on, which are much more detailed than the original ones.  Not fun to fix.

Message 3 of 17
latest reply

Ebay would like to take the opportunity and thank you for building their catalog, free of charge! 😀

Please take your time and don't hesitate to spend hours upon hours updating their (or your listings if you'd like to think that way) listings once or twice a month.

You're welcome!

Message 4 of 17
latest reply

Yes I remember! It also concerns me that in the spirit of being a good eBayer and wanting to have 'all the information added' we may be adding information that is incorrect or not needed for certain items. Some of it is redundant and confusing.

Message 5 of 17
latest reply

Anyone find a fix for Item Specific request? Im going over listings and they will not update into the system. They just have checkmarks that have already been selected and wont update?

Message 6 of 17
latest reply

I just want to comment that all these item specifics updates are our of control. I get it that they are trying to help us, but why do we have to have an item specific called "Department" with the options Women, girls or unisex when I have already chosen women's clothing. And the "themes" make no sense. What is a ringer dress?

Message 7 of 17
latest reply

If a good til canceled item relists itself it does not seem to pop the request for item specifics up again BUT if you close it and relist it you will get it back on the request list for item specifics as it is a new listing then. Sadly on most requests there is nothing I can add to the listings and some, not all, but some do not have that box you can check to have it not keep requesting more info.. of course that only lasts in the time you have the listing open and not when it relists.

Message 8 of 17
latest reply

Probably. It seems every few months Ebay either wipes out previous item specifics or is just too dense to realize some of the things it is requesting requiring are already marked. 

It seems that every listing I have that has a "recommended" or "soon to be required" item specifics it takes several updates before the Ebay system is satisfied that the changes have been made.

It would also help it the requests for items specifics would specify 'which' specifics need to be updated or added. They will mark a listing as needed 6 item specifics that are required or will soon be required, but when you go to the update page there is no indication which ones "need" the updates.

~
CaptKirk42
Message 9 of 17
latest reply

I sell eyeglasses and sunglasses and every one of my listings supposedly needs additional item specifics. In order to clear the request for reccomended item specifics I'd need to add "theme" which includes choices like banana, angel or viking. Sunglasses and eyeglasses don't have themes so I guess I'll just have to ignore the request. 

Message 10 of 17
latest reply

Yep, I updated several hundred of my listings with new item specifics and a day or two later they all came back asking for the exact same specifics to be updated and all the information I entered disappeared.  I comes to about 14 hours of work down the drain.  I have a pile of items I'd like to get listed, but I don't need a few hundred more update notices when they renew in a month or so.  I guess I'll wait awhile and see if things improve, but until the new system is able to keep the information captured I'm not going to bother to update or list anything.  If anyone happens to know of a work around I'm all ears.....

Message 11 of 17
latest reply

- and every item that needs "updating" the worthless item specifics that do not apply to my item at all are receiving NO BIDS. Ebay can probably go to hell, as far as I am concerned.

Message 12 of 17
latest reply

I was in the process of answering your note when they popped up a request for feedback when I'm thru but instead of after I was thru they cut me off.  Now it says my feedback did not go thru because of a glitch. They are a big glitch. I have had to add 150 new additions of information and they keep asking for the same additions over and over. My listings have all the information my buyers need-This is a real time waster

Message 13 of 17
latest reply

me too and even if you do it they ask again - waste of time

Message 14 of 17
latest reply

I plan to ignore it after I redid hundreds of listings

Message 15 of 17
latest reply