cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account Suspension of Brand-New Seller - My Daughter-in-Law!

My daughter-in-law opened a new account in eBay, had never sold before & I had urged her to do so as she is unemployed right now. I have been selling successfully on eBay for 25 years, not doing as much lately due to health reasons. I live with my son & daughter-in-law, so we share the same address and IP#.

She listed 5 items via auction, none of which are in anyway a knock-off or illegal or sexual item. There was one item for $650 & 2 others at about a $100 each.  Could it be because she was listing higher-priced items?? She had received 1 bid on 1 item from someone in the Philippines, but they almost immediately withdrew the bid. Nothing was sold, no other bids were placed but 3 days later eBay suspended the entire account, permanently, it appears. She has contacted eBay CS but was given NO REASON for the suspension. I feel somewhat responsible as I was the one who urged her to sign-up and walked her through creating all the listings! All of the items listed had actual pictures of the original items & were items that have sold on eBay by other sellers, as we researched the "sold" on each item for price reference.

Going over everything from the beginning, she found an old email asking her to verify the account and evidently she did not do this prior to listing, it was a simple mistake, have no idea if this was the problem. I would like to get this straightened out for her & in addition, feel like it my be a threat to my OWN ACCOUNT as we are sharing physical address & IP address.

Can anyone give me any ideas on how I might approach this problem? Would certain appreciate anything you could suggest. Thank you.

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Re: Account Suspension of Brand-New Seller - My Daughter-in-Law!

@vintageista wrote:

Going over everything from the beginning, she found an old email asking her to verify the account and evidently she did not do this prior to listing, it was a simple mistake, have no idea if this was the problem.

That does sound like the source of the problem. Is she able to still respond to the old email? (How old was it?) She should certainly at least try to verify her account as requested before trying anything else. 

Is there any clue at all in the wording of whatever notice she received from eBay about what she did wrong or what she can do next? I would call Customer Service (again) if there's no other option; you might get a better rep who's more conversant with what she could do next..

In the meantime, you might want to tread carefully with your own account: maybe hold off on any further listings until your daughter-in-law makes progress on sorting out her own problem.

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

High priced items would flag as a security risk.

Now you are associated with the ID since you house your IP. Yep now a risk to you.

There should be a message some were that says why.

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

I would try to go thru Ebay for Business facebook Page........  They seem able to delve into problems and listen to what has happened better than CS..........  just be sure to follow the rules.......

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

I have heard nothing but horror stories. I hope you get a real live human to help you.

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

Thanks for the suggestion. I did post a message there but it seems they removed it 10 min later. I'm really running into dead ends with this problem. Anybody else have a suggestio??

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

@vintageista. You send the message as a pm. Do not post it on eBays fb page 

Comics-scifi_collectibles Is a Volunteer Community Mentor.
I have been a seller since 2003

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

Send a PRIVATE message at www.facebook.com/ebayforbusiness.  Give them your contact information and a BRIEF description of the problem.  They’ve been pretty good about getting back to me and helping when I’ve had a problem.

(you say you posted a message and it was removed.  If you included any personal information at all about contacting you or private information about the problem, they would’ve taken that down since anyone at all can see that board and they wouldn’t want to risk anyone’s private information being posted)

GloryBells  • 
eBay Mentor Since 2008

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

You said they suspended her permanently? You are going to be included I'm sorry. Can you go back over your transactions to see if anything is there that could have triggered this? EBay should have sent a message on why your D.I.L. is suspended? 

Message 9 of 9
latest reply