cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyer claiming false advertisement

A buyer is trying to claim I made false advertisement, and is demanding a refund. The item in question is the book "The Crossword Century: 100 Years of Witty Wordplay, Ingenious Puzzles, and Linguistic Mischief" and they're mad that it doesn't have word puzzles. Other then in title of the book, I, nor the Product Information, made mention of there being crossword puzzles. I'm not sure what to do here...

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@shno-5 

If they haven't filed an INAD yet, tell them to return it for a full refund.

If they have filed an INAD, either refund and let them keep it or accept the return and pay return shipping.

Have a great day

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

@shno-5 

If they haven't filed an INAD yet, tell them to return it for a full refund.

If they have filed an INAD, either refund and let them keep it or accept the return and pay return shipping.

Have a great day
Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Guess he didn't look at picture #2, or read the description, did he? You should probably refund him, you don't want more bad feedback.

ebay will believe what the buyer claims, or at least give them the money back to keep them happy.  Take the return and then sell it to somebody that reads instead of someone that needs entertainment, instead of reading.

Not saying 'NO' doesn't mean 'YES'.

The foolishness of one's actions or words is determined by the number of witnesses.

Perhaps if Brains were described as an APP, many people would use them more often.

Respect, like money, is only of 'worth' when it is earned - with all due respect, it can not be ordained, legislated or coerced. Anonymous
Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Refunded as everyone as suggested. The transaction was less then $5, so its not worth the hassle of dealing with returns, but this feels an abuse of the system. The product clearly stated what the book is about, but being a small seller I can't afford negative feedback, so I have to bend to this buyer because of their incompetence? There as to be some kind of seller protection here, right?

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

The product clearly stated what the book is about,...

It doesn't matter what your description says  or your photos depict once a buyer files a "not as described" claim.   There is no seller protection for a "not as described" claim even if the buyer is lying.    Hopefully, your buyer did file for a return and you refunded via the dispute.   

Message 6 of 6
latest reply