cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account Restriction on MC011 - Permenant after a few days PLEASE HELP!!!

So I have been selling on eBay for almost an year now and sold a lot of items with no issues. I have been a member of eBay since 2021. Recently I sold some funkos as preorder on eBay, I've sold too many and eBay has restricted my account. At first they wanted me to upload all trackings and would like to see them getting delivered after being uploaded so they can reinstate my account. After I have done that and contacted them immediately. Then I received another email from them asking for

- A readable copy of your driver's license, front *and* back, or other government-issued ID.

- A copy of a recent credit card statement, bank statement, or utility bill. Your name and billing address should be visible, and consistent with the information registered to your eBay account.

- Documentation that shows that you purchased the item(s) recently listed for sale on eBay. Documentation that will help us verify your items can include either manufacturer invoices or receipts. Unfortunately, we will be unable to accept photos of the items to fulfill this requirement. (NOTE: This documentation must show your suppliers' information, items purchased, quantity purchased, price per unit and your payment information.)

So I uploaded everything they asked and waited another 3 days, they responded back to me and said the documents that I uploaded was this "We received your appeal for your eBay account and appreciate you taking the time to gather the required documentation. Unfortunately, after reviewing the submitted documentation we noticed that it was either incomplete or illegible. We understand if this process has been inconvenient for you and we want to continue processing your appeal as quickly as possible. In order for us to complete the review of your account, we ask that you please provide some additional information. We have outlined the requirements below:" But they said they have accepted my ID that I uploaded it. So I uploaded more documents of screenshoting the receipts of everything that I have recently sold. So then I waited another 4 days for responds. They still claim that the documents were invalid or illegible wasn't enough to prove all my recent sales and asking me for more documents. In the email, they even asked me for receipts on the item that I have sold more than 6 months ago, and I did again uploaded all the receipts that was needed. After 40 minutes I received another email claiming that my account was banned permenently on selling and was final decision. I don't get why my account was restricted for no reason and I didn't do anything wrong or break the policies.

Message 1 of 18
latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

Recently I sold some funkos as preorder on eBay, I've sold too many and eBay has restricted my account.

sounds like you know the reason........you sold "too" many........

We can't know what they were looking for in the paperwork and what they found or didn't find that spurred the decision, but to be blunt.......they don't trust you.....  Haven't seen many, if any, people recover from a permanent ban......

Message 2 of 18
latest reply

I have proof of receipts and invoices for all of them.

Message 3 of 18
latest reply

Besides the Funkos, you sold preorder hot wheels

were you unable to fulfill those orders? The listing stated "ships when I have them" but eBay policy is within 40 days 

Maybe unhappy customer complained to eBay on that one? 

Message 4 of 18
latest reply

@yuuuunm ,

Whee are you getting the items you are pre selling? Where are the receipts from? Are you getting them from an authorized distributor or are you going around to retailers when they come out?

Message 5 of 18
latest reply

Authorized distributors with email order confirmations

Message 6 of 18
latest reply

You sold the pre-order hot wheels on Jan 30 2024 but the sold listing states:

"This listing was ended by the seller on Tue, Jan 30 at 9:12 AM because the item was lost or broken."

So you are not telling us the whole story? 

Message 7 of 18
latest reply

Then I received another email from them asking for.....

@yuuuunm  

No one here can tell you exactly why you were permabanned from selling.  eBay is not required to tell you, and often they won't.  It could be for a variety of reasons.  We can only speculate i.e where did your source these products?  Being too successful or having multiple quantities of rather hard to find popular items is also reason for concern due to counterfeiting.   Refunding for 'out of stock' is also a dangerous path, for you are allowed only a very few. 

That said, yours follows a typical pattern of eBay asking  for more and more additional information we see here often.  It is almost as if they want to get all your personal data upfront before they give you the boot which may have been the plan all along.

Message 8 of 18
latest reply

I do have the order confirmation for purchase on those as well.

Message 9 of 18
latest reply

The likelihood is that your order confirmations with email confirmation were not acceptable.

They are not invoices. You need invoices.

Another possibility is that you are mistaken about your supplier being an authorized wholesale distributor. The term distributor is often used to described some retailers.

Message 10 of 18
latest reply

ok, well sorry I'm out of ideas on what maybe triggered the audit 

Message 11 of 18
latest reply

@yuuuunm ,

While you may thing you did nothing wrong. You refunded buyers for orders you couldn’t fulfill and etc. Cancelling  orders for being out of stock especially for pre-orders makes most buyers very irate. They paid you for an item they have to wait a long time for only to not receive it. The buyers that are willing to pay a premium for pre-orders do not have time to look for the item when it comes out.

One of the easiest way to get permanently suspended on eBay is canceling orders for being out of stock. eBay has VERY LOW tolerance for sellers who can for being out of stock too often because it **bleep** buyers off. By pissing buyers off it affects sellers like myself who rarely cancels an order for being out of stock.

Message 12 of 18
latest reply

Oh, so I got 200 pieces of funkos. I purchased them online from Hot Topic via shipping. I screenshoted all the receipts to them with my name+address+payment confirmation+tracking that the shipper sent to me.

Message 13 of 18
latest reply

I think that was the only time that I cancelled a preorder out of the 200 items that I've sold. I've shipped all rest of the preorders funko on time and they all got delivered. None of the buyers had an issue and most of them left a good feedback for me.

Message 14 of 18
latest reply

@dhbookds wrote:

Recently I sold some funkos as preorder on eBay, I've sold too many and eBay has restricted my account.

sounds like you know the reason........you sold "too" many........

We can't know what they were looking for in the paperwork and what they found or didn't find that spurred the decision, but to be blunt.......they don't trust you.....  Haven't seen many, if any, people recover from a permanent ban......

Those Stanley mugs probably didn't help much either.

Have a great day
Message 15 of 18
latest reply