cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accidentally Left Feedback

Hi!  Wondering if this has ever happened to anyone else.  I left several fb's at once and accidentally in that group left positive feedback for someoe who hasn't paid for auction that ended yesterday morning.

I called cs and told them the situation and asked if they would pleae remove this feedback and they transferred me to appeals. Tell them the same and ask them the same. They said they will not remove it because there was nothing against policy.

I said I don't want a buyer who I suspect is not going to be pay me have glowing feedback from me.  They put me on hold and check with someone and come back and still say no.  I told them if I don't get payment by tomorrow morning I am opening a case and if the case closes in 4 days without payment will you please remove it then, again the answer is no.

By the way this buyer has a false positive on their fb page which reads "*** NEGATIVE FEEDBACK *** Buyer never paid for item. Buyer reported to eBay."  

I have a bad feeling about this person and suspect they are going to stiff me.  If so, I am angry that they have good feedback from me.  Anyone else?

Happy 2018! May this upcoming year be a prosperous one!
Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Let it go........  you screwed up.......  no point in wasting time on it............

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Yes.  You are right. 

Thanks for listening to my vent & taking the time to write back (and calm me down).

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

I would think if you open a case, and it closes with no payment, then the feedback should be removed.

Even if it isn't removed, I wouldn't waste any time or worry over it.

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Fern -- I asked him if the case closes without payment in 4 days could I then have it removed. He said no, it's still breaking any policy.  I am going to chill about it though and just move on.  But I suspect this buyer is bad news.  Only 8 fb (including mine) and one is a false positive.  If my case goes unpaid that's 2 strikes for them.  I would say they will get their due then, however, all they have to do is open a new account. Smiley Frustrated

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

I wasn't talking about having a rep remove the feedback.  I just figured it would automatically be removed once the case is closed in your favor.

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

I would just let it go, like others have said.

As a buyer, it's happened to me, and I realize that you can easily over-feedback due to the way the page is presented.

When I was left feedback before paying, I just did my best to live up to what it said. 

If you get stiffed, that feedback shouldn't overrule the lack of payment.

And that buyer should never have received false feedback. It was unfair of that seller to leave it, and this has nothing to do with your sale, so you should try not to expect the worst from them.

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

@klassic*kids wrote:

I have a bad feeling about this person and suspect they are going to stiff me.  If so, I am angry that they have good feedback from me.  Anyone else?

Buyers can only get positive feedback from sellers.

A year from now, that buyer will have one more positive than he should.

Whoopie. 

The only person who will notice or care is you. 

If you are going to be angry, at least be angry about something that matters. 

Message 8 of 8
latest reply