cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A previously blocked buyer came back with new id and bought something, what do I do

I had a gal several weeks ago buy "item A" then immediately ask to cancel because she said it was a mistake, then the next week she buys same item and again asks me to cancel citing she found it cheaper.  I then relisted it in a combo listing with other items and a week later she sends an email asking me to give her free shipping (they are heavy) so I said no, then realized it was the same bidder and I know she's out of the country & only had 1 feedback so I blocked her.   Just felt that I was walking into an issue further down the line with her.   Then yesterday I get an email about 'item C & D'  whereas someone is asking me to come down in price and I agreed to 'item C' and sent her counter-offer on 'item d'  Well, today I realize its the same name of the gal from weeks ago and she created a brand new acct.   I don't want to go thru with the sale of 'item C', which she hasn't paid for and I want to pull my offer of 'item D'

Am I allowed to do that and do I somehow need to notify ebay?  I have never had something like this happen. 

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: A previously blocked buyer came back with new id and bought something, what do I do

First step: add the new ID to your blocked list.

Second step: go to item D and retract your offer.
Third step: report the ID through the sale for item C for their BBL circumvention.

Fourth step: cancel the order for item C per the instructions in this screenshot.

bbl-cancel.png

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 5 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Re: A previously blocked buyer came back with new id and bought something, what do I do

I was hoping someone with experience would reply to you, as I would like to know the answer to your question too.  It is my understanding that it is against eBay's rules to try to circumvent the blocked bidder policy by creating a new account in order to bid on that seller's items.  But I don't know if eBay enforces this, or how you would go about making sure that cancelling this sale wouldn't count as a defect.  It shouldn't, since the buyer broke the rules, but eBay is not great at seller support so it might be risky.

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

Just Cancel the Sale and Give "Something Wrong With the Address" as the Reason...

No defect will occur for you since this Scammer has been Blocked already...

and you can prove it..

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

From what I've read, eBay expects the item to be shipped to the buyer despite the blocked bidder circumvention "as long as it's not malicious activity".  If there are problems afterwards, they will investigate.  How's that for wiggle-waggle verbiage?  

Under the circumstances, I'd ship if it wasn't super expensive, but everyone's threshold is different and IMHO, you have a right to refuse service, just like any other business. 

“The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.”
— Alice Walker

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 4 of 9
latest reply

First step: add the new ID to your blocked list.

Second step: go to item D and retract your offer.
Third step: report the ID through the sale for item C for their BBL circumvention.

Fourth step: cancel the order for item C per the instructions in this screenshot.

bbl-cancel.png

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 5 of 9
latest reply

I remember reading that eBay would allow you to cancel a transaction if a buyer circumvented your block. As soon as I find it I will post.

"Those who enter the arena unarmed or unprepared are quickly dispatched."
Message 6 of 9
latest reply

I hope that if you cancel the sale you call ebay and ask them if in fact you will get a defect for doing this. I believe you should not based on the rules that one poster posted. But this is an automated system and the system may not recognize that this was a blocked buyer so call and make sure this does not turn into a defect. If they tell you it will be a defect, then you decide whether you can take a hit on your seller account for this by rejecting this buyer.

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

That's really not necessary and a waste of CS resources. I posted the policy above in black and white. OP will not get a defect for cancelling using problem with address.

GLORIOUS!

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

Is it OK to msg buyer (she has since accepted the offer on 'item d' and wants me to give her a crazy discounted shipping?  I'd like to msg her and tell her that I had blocked her before and am therefore cancelling her orders.   Thanks for the responses to this.  I sincerely appreciate it.

Message 9 of 9
latest reply