cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A nutty buyer wrote a book in my feedback (and ran out of room)

That guy that messaged me 10 times wrote a book in my feedback profile (what he wrote here is very similar to the jibberish I got in messages). He ran out of room and started messaging me again.

I had notifications on  his coin to see when it arrived, which was yesterday. I've been waiting for a storm of messages from this guy.

C.

Message 1 of 48
latest reply
47 REPLIES 47

Re: A nutty buyer wrote a book in my feedback (and ran out of room)

I should add that I am kind of bummed that we don't get to hear the rest of his story. Was it going to be a drama, a thriller, an action novel? Guess we will never know.

Message 16 of 48
latest reply

Maybe this European should go home so the native Australian people can live in peace.

Message 17 of 48
latest reply

OMG I just read the feedback ... guy was trying to fit his life story in there, LOL.

As others have said be glad it's a positive!

Message 18 of 48
latest reply

@asset_liquidators wrote:

I should add that I am kind of bummed that we don't get to hear the rest of his story. Was it going to be a drama, a thriller, an action novel? Guess we will never know.

Exactly!  Was thinking the same thing.  Somewhere in his opus there was bound to be a Kevin Bacon connection.  🙄

....... "The Ranger isn't gonna like it Yogi"......... Boo-Boo knew what he was talking about!

Posting ID Only.......
Yes, I have no Bananas, only Flamethrowers.......
Message 19 of 48
latest reply

I haven't looked up this specific rule lately,

but eBay used to have a rule where sellers can get a feedback comment pulled, if it doesn't refer to the exact transaction.

I see no mention of this sale, or item, or condition, etc .. in their little story.

Anyone?

Lynn

Lynn

You love me for everything you hate me for

Message 20 of 48
latest reply

@katzrul15 wrote:

Exactly!  Was thinking the same thing.  Somewhere in his opus there was bound to be a Kevin Bacon connection.  🙄

ROFL AAALMAO.png

~Pika~
People in life that are the happiest don't have the most,, they make the most of what they have...

Message 21 of 48
latest reply

Storyteller feedback

Can we presume what we did read would someday lead to an end of story ?

Message 22 of 48
latest reply

"very hot, Isolated, no Police officers"

Apparently, nobody to talk to either.

VintageCarMagazines

Message 23 of 48
latest reply

@pikabo-icu wrote:

@katzrul15 wrote:

ROFL AAALMAO.png

You get a helpful for that emoticon. I had to look at it for quite some time (more than I'd like to admit) to figure out what it meant.

he/him/guy/dude...you get the picture
Message 24 of 48
latest reply

@vintage-car-magazines wrote:

"very hot, Isolated, no Police officers"

Apparently, nobody to talk to either.

I just looked up temps there. I thought it was supposed to be winter? 80 degrees in winter? Yikes, I wonder what the summer temps are.

Message 25 of 48
latest reply

I wonder how long the typing went on for after the character limit was reached?

VintageCarMagazines

Message 26 of 48
latest reply

@sin-n-dex wrote:

That guy that messaged me 10 times wrote a book in my feedback profile (what he wrote here is very similar to the jibberish I got in messages). He ran out of room and started messaging me again.

This would make more sense if you posted a reply to the old discussion instead of starting a new one. I didn't see the old discussion.

Message 27 of 48
latest reply

@vintage-car-magazines wrote:

I wonder how long the typing went on for after the character limit was reached?

I copied and pasted it to Word and then did a character count ~ 494

I think I probably need more help than the person leaving the fb

Message 28 of 48
latest reply

Hey at least it was a positive feedback 🙂

Message 29 of 48
latest reply

@18704d wrote:

I haven't looked up this specific rule lately,

but eBay used to have a rule where sellers can get a feedback comment pulled, if it doesn't refer to the exact transaction.

I see no mention of this sale, or item, or condition, etc .. in their little story.

Anyone?

Lynn

I don't recall this exactly the same way. I think there may have been a rule against posting political/religious/other rants that did not relate to the item or transaction, but I'm not sure of that. At any rate, there's nothing in the current rules.

https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/feedback-policies/feedback-policies?id=4208

https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/selling-policies/seller-performance-policy/seller-performance-def...

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/selling/seller-levels-performance-standards/appeal-defect?id=4871

The only thing I can see that might apply in this case would be publishing contact information, since the buyer mentioned where they reside. But I think this is stretched very, very thin.

https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/member-behavior-policies/contact-information-sharing-policy?id=43...

To my mind, this type of communication is a person who needs and deserves some consideration and kindness. I think this goes beyond trying to be chatty, and shows a person with some socialization issues, probably not rising to the level of being dangerous or concerning, but someone who is not acting in the way we have come to expect for so-called "normal" people. I think there should be concerns that this person might be susceptible to being victimized by con artists, but I don't think there's any legitimate reason (or way) to report suspicions to authorities. I just hope that someone is looking out for this person's interests, and making sure they are taken care of and not being victimized.

Message 30 of 48
latest reply