cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

99% Alcohol in title line 91% in picture free shipping by air?

I find myself looking for 99% rubbing alcohol.  I see a bunch of amazon dropshipers with incorrect title lines.  99% and 91% are completely different.  Also it's illegal to ship something as flammable as 99% through the air.  Ebay lovesssss to flag my listings,  citing 100 year old crime windows but they allow Amazon dropshippers to break every rule in the book.  Does it really take 5 or 6 days to get an order 200 miles away via priority?  Oh and yes 99% has industrial uses and that's what I use it for,  to activate makeup palettes I use to paint props.  CVS and other stores will not carry it in the store because of liability.  

Message 1 of 14
latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Re: 99% Alcohol in title line 91% in picture free shipping by air?

When you see something you do not want or like you just hit the back button. It sounds like 99% alcohol would be banned from USPS shipping.

Message 2 of 14
latest reply

OTOH - Although the product is banned from air shipping, AZ has local warehouses all over.

So the  dropshipper can take the order, make his own order fromAZ, AZ ships it, Ground, from the warehouse near the customer's location.

EBay, it should be noted, does not allow this type of 'dropshipping'.

And the customer will be annoyed to get the eBay purchase in an AZ box.

Message 3 of 14
latest reply

@skeletonstore wrote:

I find myself looking for 99% rubbing alcohol.  I see a bunch of amazon dropshipers with incorrect title lines.  99% and 91% are completely different.  Also it's illegal to ship something as flammable as 99% through the air.  Ebay lovesssss to flag my listings,  citing 100 year old crime windows but they allow Amazon dropshippers to break every rule in the book.  Does it really take 5 or 6 days to get an order 200 miles away via priority?  Oh and yes 99% has industrial uses and that's what I use it for,  to activate makeup palettes I use to paint props.  CVS and other stores will not carry it in the store because of liability.  

eBay has 1.6 billion listings, and eBay's policy enforcement has never been complete, accurate, or timely.

Message 4 of 14
latest reply

It's been predatory....

Message 5 of 14
latest reply

How does that work?  I'm looking for the product but have to sift through garbage. I don't want to buy a large quantity and have it dry up. I'm a dissatisfied customer and thinking of shopping elsewhere. Ebay should be dispatching social workers or something by now. They should at least send me a coupon for $20 for beer at my local packie....just cut the lawn and i want to get a bit liquored up before i make an informed decision ;-)...

Message 6 of 14
latest reply

@skeletonstore ,

Are you sure the ebay seller is drop shipping from AZ? I have a friend who sells trading card supplies

on ebay, his own website, AZ, and Walmart.com.

He use FBA (Fullfilment by Amazon) to ship out all his orders regardless of where the item was sold. His suppliers ships my friends inventory directly to AZ warehouse and they charge a fee to pack and ship all his orders. Amazon offers this service to many sellers. 

Message 7 of 14
latest reply

@skeletonstore wrote:

It's been predatory....

In your opinion. I personally would not infer intent.

Message 8 of 14
latest reply

Perfume and Alcohol, which are Class 3 hazmat is allowed in domestic air properly packaged and marked  but the dangerous goods declaration is a PIA that you have to include, along with a notice about remailing. 

If your CVS doesn't  have it try WalMart, Walgreens, Albertsons or Ace Hardware. It's available at my Ace Harware for pickup today, delivery by Fri through WalMart and Albertsons and Walgreens carries it.

from ICC

https://www.thecompliancecenter.com/usps-simplifies-mailing-ethanol-based-products-air/

Message 9 of 14
latest reply

Drug stores won't carry it .  Cvs for example can special order it from their distributor but they give me a hard time because people use the stuff when making drugs too and I live in the crime capital of MA.  Ace only carries gallon size,  out of stock in my area.  It's not an item places regularly have because it's extremely flammable.  My understanding is it can't ship by air or not suppose to.  Hydroponics store has some but too overpriced.   Drug dealer prices.  I had this problem last year.  Tattoo artist, beauticians were offering to give me some.  

Message 10 of 14
latest reply

If tattoo artists and/or beauticians were offering to give you some, why not offer them a price that's agreeable to both parties and get it that way?  

Message 11 of 14
latest reply

Buy the gallon size. Use what you need.  Then get 3 or 4 cheap spray bottles at a dollar store (1.25 store).  Dilute the 99% alchol with water and put it in the spray bottles.  Put one in the bathroom and use it to clean the toilet, handles,etc.   Keep bottles in other bathrooms. Keep one in the kitchen. Use it to sanitize the sink and counter.  Frankly , thanks to covid, I prefer using 80 % alcohol to clean.  Cheaper than spray cleaners.  Just do NOT use it on wood or leather.

I keep a small size bottle in my car and use it everytime I get change at the drive thru. I hate it when the cashier touches my hand when giving me change or returning my credit card.

Message 12 of 14
latest reply

I buy bottles at CVS all the time....but they are the small ones....and rather cheap to buy.

Message 13 of 14
latest reply

Your cvs has 99% alcohol on the shelf?  Are you sure you don't mean 91%?  There is a major difference.  Extreme difference.  

Message 14 of 14
latest reply