cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

45 minutes and still no answer

This is for ebay! STOP spending millions and millions in advertisement and hire more people to answer the phones will ya????? Had to hang up and that Seriously irritates me much.

Seriously ebay has everything except enough people to answer the phones to our pure disappointment
Message 1 of 21
latest reply
20 REPLIES 20

Re: 45 minutes and still no answer

@moreunusualthebetter

Hi, understand your frustration. I no longer call ebay using the direct telephone number. I use the Help, then request a call back from eBay. Understand, when using the Help, your question may not be on their Bot checklist. I just click anything on that list lolol. I usually get that call back within at least a half hour UNLESS there is a major glitch (like the Stores all disappearing the other day lol). And I usually ask for the call back when I call in the morning on a weekday and always get a USA CS rep. 

I ain't got the brains to make this up (Fantastic Beasts)
Message 2 of 21
latest reply

Thanks abfabvintage
Message 3 of 21
latest reply

I agree.
I'm not sure if it's fact or a misconception but I believe they are not paid USA minimum wages so please eBay hire a few more and TRAIN them.

Also, while we hopefully have a mod's attention, PLEASE screen the applicants for phone help to have superior English skills.
I am super patient, really. I am totally comfortable with non-native English speakers but many of them speak SO FAST and the connection is less than clear, and the call-center they're in is NOISY, so a lot is lost in communication. Yesterday I was speaking with a rep Heidi in the Philippines and could only understand about 50%, I was quite relieved when she transferred me to another department. My s-i-l is Philippine born and I understand the inflections, but combined with speed, lack of clarity, and room noise I was defeated on this call.

Yes, I always punch "call me", I dislike their "music" while on hold.

awesome-altered-apparel, check out my listings!
Message 4 of 21
latest reply

@awesome-altered-apparel

@moreunusualthebetter

Hi, Awesome. Your plea is on deaf ears posting here. If you use the on-line HELP on ebay, you can request a call back. They will tell you how many minutes wait time. Make sure you call on a USA weekday, morning works to maybe mid day. I have gotten CS reps from Georgia, Florida, and now PA. My Iphone registers where they are calling from when they call back. And all USA Kings English speaking reps. 

To raise a funny: I have Comcast for my emails, etc. Everytime I have to direct call using my phone, I get the Phillipines or India. I then (I swear) have to yell into the phone: give me a USA rep over and over and then am transferred to a USA rep. I can't do that with ebay since I don't want to be banned for being disrespectful or a nutcase. lololol. 

AND...when eBay does call you back, get a "ticket" number which is a reference for you that you did in fact make the call. They used to send me emails with the conversation, but lately they have been very lax on doing that. Good Luck!

Message 5 of 21
latest reply

@awesome-altered-apparel wrote:

I agree.
I'm not sure if it's fact or a misconception but I believe they are not paid USA minimum wages so please eBay hire a few more and TRAIN them.

Also, while we hopefully have a mod's attention, PLEASE screen the applicants for phone help to have superior English skills.
I am super patient, really. I am totally comfortable with non-native English speakers but many of them speak SO FAST and the connection is less than clear, and the call-center they're in is NOISY, so a lot is lost in communication. Yesterday I was speaking with a rep Heidi in the Philippines and could only understand about 50%, I was quite relieved when she transferred me to another department. My s-i-l is Philippine born and I understand the inflections, but combined with speed, lack of clarity, and room noise I was defeated on this call.

Yes, I always punch "call me", I dislike their "music" while on hold.

I do not remember where I read it, but this part of Ebays operations is also outsourced so Ebay has no control over who they hire and obviously how well they are trained.  I am sure they are paid as low a salary as can be paid in the Philippines and would not be surprised that the turnover rate is atrocious.  I remember about a year ago or so a new person was put in charge of CS and Ebay has been working on getting more US based qualified CSR's but I do not know where this stands, especially in light of the recent layoffs.

Message 6 of 21
latest reply

I'm not sure they send emails of conversations anymore.  I know I have asked for it recently but got nothing.  I rarely call but an email is helpful.

Message 7 of 21
latest reply

@moreunusualthebetter wrote:
This is for ebay! STOP spending millions and millions in advertisement and hire more people to answer the phones will ya????? Had to hang up and that Seriously irritates me much.

Seriously ebay has everything except enough people to answer the phones to our pure disappointment

Unfortunately once you do reach cs, you may experience disappointment with the competence of the rep to handle your issue.

Message 8 of 21
latest reply

@castlemagicmemories

Hey Castle. Good day to you! Last time I received an email that documented my call was from a rep in Georgia USA related to my changing over from a Basic Store to Starter with her assurance I would not be charged the penalty. That was something I did need in writing. Of course, I strong armed her and said I will just outright cancel any store unless I get this email. I held onto the phone, she sent email, I hung up lolol. 

Message 9 of 21
latest reply

@abfabvintage wrote:

@castlemagicmemories

Hey Castle. Good day to you! Last time I received an email that documented my call was from a rep in Georgia USA related to my changing over from a Basic Store to Starter with her assurance I would not be charged the penalty. That was something I did need in writing. Of course, I strong armed her and said I will just outright cancel any store unless I get this email. I held onto the phone, she sent email, I hung up lolol. 

Well, you got results.  You are formidable!  

Message 10 of 21
latest reply

@castlemagicmemories

As you know, I try to be lol.

Message 11 of 21
latest reply

They definitly need to stock up on people to answer the phone.  We can call someone and complain i guess just might take a few days.  Best regards

Message 12 of 21
latest reply

@lewisburggold wrote:

They definitly need to stock up on people to answer the phone.  We can call someone and complain i guess just might take a few days.  Best regards

I got a kick out of that...stock up on people to answer the phone.  Like you are socking them away on a shelf or something for a rainy day.Smiley Happy

Message 13 of 21
latest reply

@abfabvintage wrote:

@castlemagicmemories

As you know, I try to be lol.

Smiley HappyYes, ma'am!!Smiley Happy

Message 14 of 21
latest reply

If eBay charged just a dollar for phone calls they'd clean up. 

I have been here almost 20 years and I think I've called once, maybe twice. 

For so many that is a single day's worth of calls.

"Believe in something, even if it means sacrificing everything" Colin Kaepernick the new face of NIKE
Message 15 of 21
latest reply