cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 Horse trailer

bol_6301
Enthusiast

I'm interested in a horse trailer in Nebraska. The seller want's my full name, address, and phone number so they can notify Ebay motors of the transaction. They said they don't get paid until I receive the item and except it. I will have 5 days to inspect it and can send it back at their expense if I don't like it. Is this a scam? I'm weary of of this, it sound's to good to be true.

Message 1 of 19
latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

2 Horse trailer

No. eBay doesn't work like that.  It's a scam.  Do not do this!

KrazzyKats
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 2 of 19
latest reply

2 Horse trailer

Please say you are actually going to drive to Nebraska and pay when you get there. All that is required is the prepaid deposit and cash when you arrive. This may be a scam because I don't believe this seller needs YOUR address and number, you need THEIR address and number. Maybe someone familiar with this type transaction will come along with further help. 

Message 3 of 19
latest reply

2 Horse trailer

You mean "accept" it..

And yes, accept the fact that this is a  SCAM!

Message 4 of 19
latest reply

2 Horse trailer

@bol_6301 

This is an old scam that we hear about many times a week.

Report the ad to the site you found it on.

Have a great day
Message 5 of 19
latest reply

2 Horse trailer

I agree with others that eBay doesn't work like that and that it is a scam.

"It is an intelligent man that is aware of his own ignorance."
Message 6 of 19
latest reply

2 Horse trailer

SCAM!!

THERE IS NO TRAILER.

HE'S NOT IN NEBRASKA.

EBay DOESN'T WORK LIKE THAT.

IT SOUNDS TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE BECAUSE IT IS NOT TRUE AND  IT IS NOT GOOD.

Message 7 of 19
latest reply

2 Horse trailer

It has been said ^^^^^^ but 

SCAM

I have been imported from Australia and this is my posting ID
Message 8 of 19
latest reply

2 Horse trailer

You found this horse trailer listed on another site, not eBay.  eBay has nothing at all ever to do with the sale of anything listed elsewhere.  Why would they?

You were told the sale would go through eBay "for your protection".  No, as mentioned in my 1st sentence, it won't.

You will be told to buy eBay gift cards to make payment for this trailer and to either take a picture of the numbers or send the numbers to the seller.  He promises he won't redeem the cards til he knows you are satisfied with your purchase.

To that end, he will have the horse trailer delivered to you at his expense for a trial period of 7-10 days.  At the end of that time, all you need to do is contact him if you don't want it and he will have it picked up.

This is a fairly common scam.  Congratulations in being cautious.  Some people have been dazzled by the price and have rushed into this without checking.  Will always remember a man who had swept out his garage awaiting the arrival of his new ride which, of course, never came.

eBay gift cards are non-traceable.  The "garage sweeper" was busy getting ready for his purchase while the scammer was out spending those cards.

If it sounds too good to be true, 99% of the time it is. 

Message 9 of 19
latest reply

2 Horse trailer

@bol_6301 wrote:

... it sound's to good to be true.

Your instincts are good.  It sounds too good to be true because it is not true.  It is a scam so old it has whiskers on it.  There is no horse trailer.  The "seller's" name is not real.  Whatever sob story s/he is giving to justify the ridiculously cheap price is bogus.  All "invoices" and "receipts" and "eBay notices" sent to the sucker who falls for this will be fake.  Payment will be in gift cards, because they are untraceable and the money spent on them is unrecoverable.

=

Message 10 of 19
latest reply

2 Horse trailer

Ripping you off is what this Steal of a Deal on dat trailer is: its to get your money.

Aint no trailer.

Aint no ebay doing the deal.

Aint no warehouse.

Aint nothing but trying to get you to purchase gift cards or such and send them information on them to steal em away from you....

https://pages.motors.ebay.com/buy/security/index.html 

https://pages.ebay.com/giftcardscams/ 

Message 11 of 19
latest reply

2 Horse trailer

@bol_6301 wrote:

I'm interested in a horse trailer in Nebraska. 

Sorry, but this scam is so old, it's got whiskers on it (and if you happened to live in Nebraska, the fictional horse trailer would be in, I don't know, West Virginia or someplace).

Message 12 of 19
latest reply

2 Horse trailer

NO  -- Please don't say you're going to drive to Nebraska and pay when you get there! 

There is NO horse trailer and this was not an eBay listing.

It's the standard motor vehicle scam that has gone on forever on CL, FB and probably other sites.

Message 13 of 19
latest reply

2 Horse trailer

That is a SCAM your talking to a liar and thief that wants to steal your money.

Send a trailer to you and ship it back for free?  Yea right. Sellers balk at taking a Pokemon card back let alone the cost of shipping a horse trailer.

eBay never assists in sales or payments of items listed on other sites.  When it's too good to be true, IT IS !

eBay does not work like that. 

Message 14 of 19
latest reply

2 Horse trailer

13 replies say it is a scam.  yes it is big scam!

Message 15 of 19
latest reply