cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

10 gallery plus FEEs of one dollar added to 2 of my different accounts listings...

10 gallery plus FEEs of one dollar added to 2 of my different accounts listings... I had to manually remove them...it has never happened before today...Please CHECK your re-listing FEES carefully...Sneaky of eBay to add automatically, Huh?

Message 1 of 30
latest reply
29 REPLIES 29

Re: 10 gallery plus FEEs of one dollar added to 2 of my different accounts listings...

Whether this is a glitch, or not... we were only enabling the feature because it was free.  There's no reason anyone should find value in spending even .35 cents for this silly antiquated feature.  Most customers are not zooming in that hard, and they're shopping on tiny phone screens while they are sitting on the can.

Message 16 of 30
latest reply

Re: 10 gallery plus FEEs of one dollar added to 2 of my different accounts listings...

@ebooksdiva wrote:

devon@ebay 

In Selling fees it shows that there’s a charge for gallery plus for both auction and fixed price. 
In the 2023 Winter Seller Update it says the Gallery plus is charged for items with a start price of $150.00.  
Are you saying it’s written wrong in the policy ? Selling Fees  

The Winter Update change is a change in the price that is charged for using Gallery Plus in categories where it's not free, for items over $150.    

Up until today, the fee for using GP was higher if you started an auction at $150 or more, or set a fixed price of $150 or more.  The change implemented today was just supposed to remove that higher fee, so that the fee for using GP in non-free categories is the same regardless of price.

As of today, the prices shown in the basic eBay  Help pages about fees are consistent with the changes described in the Announcement. So apparently the implementation is flawed.

Message 17 of 30
latest reply

@ebooksdiva wrote:

devon@ebay 

In Selling fees it shows that there’s a charge for gallery plus for both auction and fixed price. 
In the 2023 Winter Seller Update it says the Gallery plus is charged for items with a start price of $150.00.  
Are you saying it’s written wrong in the policy ? Selling Fees  

Hey @ebooksdiva! For the issue that some sellers may be experiencing with the Gallery plus fee is being charged when the feature is not opted to the item.

Devon,
eBay
Message 18 of 30
latest reply

Thank you for the update 

Message 19 of 30
latest reply

devon@ebay wrote: ... the issue that some sellers may be experiencing with the Gallery plus fee is being charged when the feature is not opted to the item.

devon@ebay 

The ticket for this glitch says, "Sellers are being charged for gallery fee when the feature is not opted to the item (February 15, 2023)"  

But that's not the issue, exactly.  Sellers are being charged for using Gallery Plus in categories where it is supposed to be free.  Listings in those categories are automatically opted in for this feature.   

Message 20 of 30
latest reply

@ebooksdiva 

I am not sure how you are missing the exemptions for:

Art, Antiques, Collectibles, and Pottery & Glass categories.

It is right there inside your red box under "Optional Listing Upgrades"

Gallery Plus
Free for listings in the Art, Antiques, Collectibles, and Pottery & Glass categories

Message 21 of 30
latest reply

I’m not sure how I missed that either. I obviously need stronger reading glasses. 
Thank you for letting me know my error. 

Message 22 of 30
latest reply

listings in those categories are not AUTOMATICALLY opted in, you still need to manually check the box. The issue is when the box is checked as FREE when the listing rolls over after 30 days the box changes to the ADDED $1.00 fee and accounts get charged instantly. If you click on the listing after it rolls over using REVISE LISTING, you can see the charge now with the box checked when it was ALWAYS FREE. The wording on the TECH BOARDS is very suspicious and if the mistake is that ALL CATEGORIES now are being charged according to the new WINTER UPDATE then sellers may not be getting any credits back for these charges.

Message 23 of 30
latest reply

Hmm, it's always checked off already when I list in those categories.

Anyway, we can agree that the problem is that if it's checked off in a category that should be free, sellers are inappropriately being charged for it.  

The winter update announcement and the current version of the basic fees pages agree that Gallery Plus should still be free in those 3 categories.  The basic fees page has been updated to show the change that was part of the winter update: The fee for using Gallery Update is the same for all listings, even if the price is over $150.  

Message 24 of 30
latest reply

Waiting to see how long it takes for this thread to be sent to the Tech Issues board as well (where sellers won't think to look).

"If a product doesn't sell, raise the price" - Reese Palley
"If it sold FAST, it was priced too low" - also Reese Palley
Message 25 of 30
latest reply

Gallery Plus is still free even with the new update in specific categories: Gallery Plus
Free for listings in the Art, Antiques, Collectibles, and Pottery & Glass categories. It states that right now in the new cost breakdown on eBay, and it does not have a $150 limit. If you list in those categories it's free as it's been for years. This is a glitch that eBay has admitted to on the phone. No one listing in those categories should be charged for Gallery Plus. Just another Glitch!

Message 26 of 30
latest reply

Yes, I used sell similar...does that do it?...none of the similar listings, had Gallery Plus.

Message 27 of 30
latest reply

I have never seen it before "Gallery Plus charge, ever...I list everyday, 20 listings a day...I have been doing this for 20 years...I have never seen this until today.

Message 28 of 30
latest reply

I just received this eBay Support Notice...they screwed up. " Hey @petercrowell_artgallery!  We apologize about the issue you are experiencing with the gallery plus feature charging fees to your account when it should not be. There is an open sitewide ticket to have this issue resolved and can be seen on our Tech Board here. You can reach out to customer support here to have your account added to the ticket and just let them know that you are running into ALERT14469. "

Message 29 of 30
latest reply

Gee I would love to contact eBay support about this same issue I am having, but there is NO LIVE SUPPORT at the link you provided. For a company as huge as eBay, having nothing but useless chatbots as customer service is thoroughly unacceptable.

Message 30 of 30
latest reply