cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

10 gallery plus FEEs of one dollar added to 2 of my different accounts listings...

10 gallery plus FEEs of one dollar added to 2 of my different accounts listings... I had to manually remove them...it has never happened before today...Please CHECK your re-listing FEES carefully...Sneaky of eBay to add automatically, Huh?

Message 1 of 30
latest reply
29 REPLIES 29

10 gallery plus FEEs of one dollar added to 2 of my different accounts listings...

Did you use sell similar?

Message 2 of 30
latest reply

It appears to be $1 whether or not you relist or sell similar.  Having said that, I don't understand why anyone would use Gallery Plus in the first place.

Message 3 of 30
latest reply

@hartungcards wrote:

It appears to be $1 whether or not you relist or sell similar.  Having said that, I don't understand why anyone would use Gallery Plus in the first place.

yes........that's where it comes from as far as I know........not something that "ebay" adds.........

Message 4 of 30
latest reply

It appears to be $1 whether or not you relist or sell similar.

@hartungcards 

For some categories, that upgrade was free.  If eBay changed the category designation for the product to one where the Gallery Plus was not free, then it results in a charge applied. Actually, I don't recall ever seeing a listing that employed the Gallery Plus feature to see what it does.  

So it seems the fee would apply if you use sell similar using someone else's listing that used it, or eBay reshuffled the categories and the listing landed in one where the feature was not free. 

Message 5 of 30
latest reply

I was looking at your listings. It looks like you’ve been using the gallery plus feature. You can tell by the magnifying glass when you touch on the listing you do have some without it. You have quite a number of listings with the magnifying glass, I stopped looking at about 20 or so. 

When I list, fees are shown just before clicking the blue list item button, I always see zero fees. If I see any fees I look through it to see what I may have clicked on to cause the fee.

This is your over sight when listing, it isn’t anything ebay has done. 

Message 6 of 30
latest reply

Supposedly, Gallery Plus "displays a large photo in search results."  What benefit this could have is beyond my pay grade.

Message 7 of 30
latest reply

Please watch this, yes, gallery plus is no longer free in collectibles. 

Message 8 of 30
latest reply

Must be ebay glitch-still supposed to be free in collectibles, etc. : Gallery Plus
Free for listings in the Art, Antiques, Collectibles, and Pottery & Glass categories

Message 9 of 30
latest reply

@410janice wrote:

Must be ebay glitch-still supposed to be free in collectibles, etc. : Gallery Plus
Free for listings in the Art, Antiques, Collectibles, and Pottery & Glass categories

Sorry, but you are incorrect 

Selling fees  

Gallery plus has a fee for both fixed price listings and auction style.

2E6CF36E-DBB8-44B8-B8B6-26AD2E63B46D.jpeg

BE812C90-AC34-4ABA-A103-8EDD0CAED21E.jpeg

Message 10 of 30
latest reply

"...Sorry, but you are incorrect 

Selling fees  

Gallery plus has a fee for both fixed price listings and auction style..."

I am confused...

The graphic says it's Free for those categories.....

Message 11 of 30
latest reply

@petercrowell_artgallery wrote:

10 gallery plus FEEs of one dollar added to 2 of my different accounts listings... I had to manually remove them...it has never happened before today...Please CHECK your re-listing FEES carefully...Sneaky of eBay to add automatically, Huh?

Hey @petercrowell_artgallery!  We apologize about the issue you are experiencing with the gallery plus feature charging fees to your account when it should not be. There is an open sitewide ticket to have this issue resolved and can be seen on our Tech Board here. You can reach out to customer support here to have your account added to the ticket and just let them know that you are running into ALERT14469. 

Devon,
eBay
Message 12 of 30
latest reply

@monica-sells 

I took that screen shot from selling fees. The only option I see free for is scheduled listings. 
Also The 2023 winter seller update says the fee is charge for items that start price of $150.00 or more. 
https://www.ebay.com/sellercenter/resources/seller-updates/2023-winter/financials 

If I misread it I apologize in advance 

Message 13 of 30
latest reply

That ticket is not completely accurate.  It says that the problem is, "Sellers are being charged for gallery fee when the feature is not opted to the item (February 15, 2023)"  

But the sellers here and on related threads today are reporting a slightly different issue: They are using Gallery Plus in categories where it  should be free but they are being charged for it. Gallery Plus is supposed to be free for listings in the Art, Antiques, Collectibles, and Pottery & Glass categories.  The fee is being inappropriately charged when fixed price listings in those categories roll over.  Technically they didn't opt into it, because Gallery Plus is automatically added to all listings that are in those free categories.

I suspect that somebody messed up the changes that were supposed to be implemented today, which included a change to the Gallery Plus fee: It used to have higher prices for listings over $150 and the fee is supposed to be the same for all prices starting today.  Looks like somebody implemented the new pricing for all categories and prices, and forgot to exempt those 3 categories where it's supposed to be free.

Message 14 of 30
latest reply

devon@ebay 

In Selling fees it shows that there’s a charge for gallery plus for both auction and fixed price. 
In the 2023 Winter Seller Update it says the Gallery plus is charged for items with a start price of $150.00.  
Are you saying it’s written wrong in the policy ? Selling Fees  

Message 15 of 30
latest reply