cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why when I list a "package" item with 1st class shipping does it show up in my listing as a envelope

This is costing me a few dollars because it's not showing the right shipping cost. How do you change the listing to package? It started with these new listing forms.

Thanks for any help.

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Why when I list a "package" item with 1st class shipping does it show up in my listing as a envelope

On the new listing form eBay removed "package type" and sellers have no way to make edits from the listing form.

If you use "sell similar" or "relist" from an old listing that had package type set as large envelope (aka letter/flat) and you're using calculated shipping, buyers will be charged rates for shipping an untracked First Class flat.

The way to fix it is to create a new listing that doesn't carry over the old data. New listings default package type to "package" on the back end so buyers will be charged FC package rates.

There might still be a way to change package type. I think (but could be wrong) you can still upload a file that includes package type so I'm going to tag @shipscript who will know for sure.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 2 of 5
latest reply

I appreciate your response. It clears up my issue.

I spent a lot of time trying to figure out how to change it to "package".  I couldn't believe eBay would eliminate the option.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

@mpapz 

I think @wastingtime101  has provided the best workaround for the moment. The new listing form tends to carry forward hidden attributes from a sell-similar (which can sometimes be good and sometimes be bad).

We can probably come up with some bulk workarounds if you have a lot of items to fix, but otherwise, I would follow the advice of starting with a clean slate. Additionally, the new tool has a feedback option at the top right. I would recommend voicing your issue there, as that form gets back to the programmers.

ShipScript has been an eBay Community volunteer since 2003, specializing in HTML, CSS, Scripts, Photos, Active Content, Technical Solutions, and online Seller Tools.
Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Thanks.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply