cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1 sale in 8 days Glad I'm leaving e-bay a waste of time

It has become pointless for me to list on e-bay anymore .  I have 100% positive feedback but I am listed as a below average  dealer do to GTC relisting sold books . The customers had no problem when I told them what happened but e-bay wanted to charge me 5% more on my sales so there you have it. I raised all my prices by 5%  so That might have something to do with the lack of sales on e-bay. All my other sites doing fine and I now spent all my time improving and adding listing to them.  Just a waste of time here.  Good luck to all that are staying.

Message 1 of 16
latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

That is crazy. That is the same issue I am having. The fees keep going up and sales are slowing down.

Message 2 of 16
latest reply

sadly I think we are all experiencing the same thing ! Between the forced mangled payments and GTC my sales are wrecked !! Ebay better take note and back step to more original ebay ! IT really is dead as a door nail on here !!

Message 3 of 16
latest reply

Ebay is probably the the wrong venue for what you to sell young people don't read books unless they are forced to at school or college even then they would probably read it on there cell phone. Other venues cater more to older people who still read books for pleasure. Go with what works for you, best of luck in the future.
Message 4 of 16
latest reply

I used to have over a thousand listing through any given month but since GTC now I don't dare to have more than 900 so not to get hit with extra listing fees, How does that help anyone ?

Now Managed Payments ~ Feels like I am in the Twilight Zone !!!

I believe most sellers would not have a problem with managed payment if it was not forced upon them and they got paid right away before having to ship the item !

I will "Never Never Never" ship an item before payment is in my account, I am not that naive !

Feel sorry for all those sellers effected by these horrible forced policies.

It is a Blessing that there is more than just this selling platform out there.

'They will not stop us from making money just making them money'

Message 5 of 16
latest reply

My sales tanked in May. I am glad it got me start listing with other sites.

Message 6 of 16
latest reply

@mrmuffinmanvw wrote:
Ebay is probably the the wrong venue for what you to sell young people don't read books unless they are forced to at school or college even then they would probably read it on there cell phone.

Sure they do.  What the OP is selling is books for collectors, though, not books for people who are interested in reading them, and THAT is going to have a much more specific audience.

Message 7 of 16
latest reply

I had 26 Sales in September and 5 in October so far
Message 8 of 16
latest reply

@biblioboy wrote:

The customers had no problem when I told them what happened but e-bay wanted to charge me 5% more on my sales so there you have it. 

What happened?

Message 9 of 16
latest reply

Also no sales since listing of 500 "FREE"  that weren't because the upload was too slow and  missed deadline time. eBay glitches caused the upload problem by kicking out items during upload for bogus reasons. So got charge $175 in listing insertion fees and haven't had a sale since Oct 1?? Brought upload problem to eBays attention only to be told upload was done after deadline no mention of taking over 4 hours to upload 500 and at the end kicked out 283 for picture protocol that they admitted was a glitch?   And so it goes 😞

Message 10 of 16
latest reply

Hi, Last year I was listed as a seller in the top ten percent of artwork. This year I have had to deal with the eBay picture issue and still do not have all the new listings with the new, REPLACED pictures. I went from around $900.00 per month to a current sales status of two sales in October. I just also was told that eBay had given me three months to get my sales back up to over ten per month or I would lose my TOP RATED SELLER status. This, after they took out pictures for over 800 listings. AND, they admitted they did it! I am curious where you are moving to as I may do the same thing. I have talked to my attorney and he told me I can easily sue eBay and win the case based on their own admission of omission or deletion of my pictures. They never even bothered to tell me they removed the pictures until I found out by accident when I went to relist my expired listings. Then it showed me pictures did not have eBay required pictures and recommended more!!!!! Can't do that now with GTC. Where are you going to go now?

Message 11 of 16
latest reply

I was wondering how I have no recent sales or even offers because I routinely list over 200 items that I would like to own, and I do own the items, but really, am I so unique a person who only one is liking these things? Am I so different in my taste in sellable goods? And finally, are my things so bad and my score so low I have no recent sales amounting to enough to pay ebay fees.? Same old story, but sometimes I list something and it sells in five minutes, that has happened twice. Cheers every one and good luck selling.
Message 12 of 16
latest reply

I sell mostly collectible books on e-bay and sales on other sites are fine in both reading and collectible books and paper.
Message 13 of 16
latest reply

I list on 5 other sites with over 40,000 items . I have not tried any newer sites yet as sales on my others sites re OK . I lost 1000's of pictures and same as you never even knew it until I Started relisting . A total mess but as always e-bay could care less. I have been on-line for over 25 years. Its just so messed up here not worth the effort .
Message 14 of 16
latest reply

A customer ordered a book I had just sold on another site I removed the book from e-bay but they relisted in under GTC and I had no idea it was still up until the customer ordered it. This has happened to me before with e-bay listing sold items that had not be deleted from my e-bay inventory until GTC . I often time have dups of these item so I can at least offer the customer a copy , so this is why books remain in stock until checked.
Message 15 of 16
latest reply