cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

0 VIEWS , NO SOCIAL MEDIA ICONS

Part of my listings have 0 views for many days.Also no more social madia icons next to the listings.

Any idea?

Message 1 of 42
latest reply
41 REPLIES 41

Re: 0 VIEWS , NO SOCIAL MEDIA ICONS

The lack of views is a known issue where the views that ARE happening are not being reported correctly. THIS has nothing to do with the OP's prices. Even if the prices are high, they were that way before they had a noticable drop in views.

Message 31 of 42
latest reply

@hioctane62 wrote:

The lack of views is a known issue where the views that ARE happening are not being reported correctly. THIS has nothing to do with the OP's prices. Even if the prices are high, they were that way before they had a noticable drop in views.

It is an issue but it is not happening for everyone.

Not having views does not mean you are experiencing that issue.

There are other reasons for it?

Message 32 of 42
latest reply

Even if the prices are high, they were that way before they had a noticable drop in views.

I believe another poster brought up her sell through rate based on her number of listings which would further cement by comment about her prices.

Message 33 of 42
latest reply

Personally, I can't wait to see the Q2 numbers to see if the views issue translates over to marketplace traffic reported. Or if they magically pull the correct numbers out of their hat (so to speak).

Message 34 of 42
latest reply

The counter reverting back to 0 each day does not mean buyers cannot see the listings.

I obviously can see them.  So can two other posters who commented.  Can you see them.

So it is a broken view counter.  Yes some like it.  Others complained the view count was just bots.

For me views and watchers are irrelevant.

What matters is a purchase.

Message 35 of 42
latest reply

Hello! You are noticing a known issue. Ebay is working on it. I noticed the same thing and called them. Usually ALL of my listings have many views and many watchers. Suddenly, no views/no watchers and things were selling! I understand your frustration. I like to see what kind of attention my items get, and based on the speed of the views/watches when I first list, I get a better idea of how much interest the item is attracting and then I can use those numbers to decide if I wish to take an early "Best Offer" ...or wait it out a bit. Nothing is 100% accurate of course...but, for me personally, it is a nice tool to have.
Message 36 of 42
latest reply

r8ylee
Thrill-Seeker

@lyudmylam2006

When you can spare a moment, you may want to check this thread out.

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/EBay-statistics-inaccurate-search-broken-impressions-issues/m-...  

The thread is started by @zamo-zuan on Jun 20, 2018.

It is still running strong, with thoughtful posts contributed by the OP and many other posters as well.

And No, you're not crazy to see zero views, zero media icons.  Many sellers have encountering them.

Ours, too.

Message 37 of 42
latest reply

@hioctane62

Hi, and I agree with you wholeheartedly...and don't get me started on this. I addressed this same issue re: don't give advice if it isn't explicitly asked for. Had to remind some long time posters it has been a glitch for a long while, they need to read the GLITCH POSTS BEFORE they dive in to giving off hand advice...and I would like to see their selling IDs so I can evaluate how THEY set up their  listings 'cause all they have are buying IDs referenced. 

EBAY GLITCH has nothing to do with pricing, etc. or if PO needs to redo their listings (or maybe revamp their SHIPPING to accommodate some buyer who doesn't understand how it works. That fiasco took over 20+ pages). I almost said it last time I posted: maybe there is some kind of a "I am a Teacher?" affect going on here?  If you know what I mean. It happens on here over and over and only from a few posters. I don't care if you think you can read the minds of the OPs.

IT IS A GLITCH...AND STILL IS A GLITCH... Makes sellers who come here feel degraded and beat up. That is it from me for today. I thought this had been solved a few weeks ago. Really PMOff. This attitude keeps sellers from coming here and openly asking for specific information. Sorry for the RANT. Guess I will be hearing back from someone, Brainiac Badger that I now am. 

I ain't got the brains to make this up (Fantastic Beasts)
Message 38 of 42
latest reply

@hioctane62

Sorry I dumped on your post. I should have @ everyone on this thread lolol. Maybe ebay will come up with a BLEEDING HEART BADGE LOLOL. Thanks. 

Message 39 of 42
latest reply

The biggest issue of not seeing your views is that possibly their items are not being seen which would panic any seller. Particularly that they had views earlier, then -- or 0. IT IS EBAY'S problem, not the seller. Bots only leave maybe 1 or 2 views due to indexing the item when first listed. OR other sellers are viewing the competitive item OR board members here are racing around to see what the OP sells. 

Message 40 of 42
latest reply

@emerald40 wrote:

@skatefool wrote:

@emerald40 wrote:

@lyudmylam2006 wrote:

Do you really think that ebay is garage sale only?

I asked about technical problem.I didn't ask you about prices.I am selling on ebay for so many years that really don't need your suggesting about prices.I don't have cheap stuff. Just ignore my store if it is not for you.

Everything is not ebay's fault.  If your prices were good, people would be purchasing them.

I have also been here 19 years. I have 2 girls and we just went shopping in the mall for similar items to yours and they were priced much lower.  And our mall is upscale.

Sorry if the truth hurts, but you brought it here, not me.

Actually you were the one that first brought up prices, Emm.  OP was asking about view counts and social media icons.

View counts or lack of does not equal throttling or a glitch.

Lack of view counts means that when I am scrolling down the page and looking at the photo and the price, I scroll right on past it.  I am not clicking on the link which would result in a view.

She was asking about view counts and social media icons.  The latter is just in another position on the page.  The former is because of her boutique prices and sales and what she considers a 50% sale.

No. Right now "lack of view counts" means absolutely nothing like that.

eBay's views counts have been messed up for months.

One minute I have listings showing 0 views and when I refresh the page I may have 10 (or just dashes).

"If a product doesn't sell, raise the price" - Reese Palley
"If it sold FAST, it was priced too low" - also Reese Palley
Message 41 of 42
latest reply

For those of you that believe the amount of views your item receives has no bearing, that is incredibly inaccurate and naive. Knowing the type of traffic that your item receives during the length of an auction is CRUCIAL, especially when selling online. More importantly, traffic tracking should be an integral part of your business. This is called market research and data gathering so that you can properly list your items to get them to the maximum amount of potential buyers possible. The same holds true in brick and mortar stores. You have surely heard the saying "It's all about location", right? The more traffic and potential buyers you have to your items, the higher chance you have at selling said item at the right price point. While it is true that you can have 100 views and it only takes 1 person to purchase, without the correct traffic and visibility that 1 person may never see your listing. The data that the amount of views we receive provides an invaluable resource.... when it is accurate.
Message 42 of 42
latest reply