cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

0 VIEWS , NO SOCIAL MEDIA ICONS

Part of my listings have 0 views for many days.Also no more social madia icons next to the listings.

Any idea?

Message 1 of 42
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: 0 VIEWS , NO SOCIAL MEDIA ICONS

Thank you very much for your reply.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 6 of 42
latest reply
41 REPLIES 41

@lyudmylam2006 wrote:

Part of my listings have 0 views for many days.Also no more social madia icons next to the listings.

Any idea?

To be honest.  Your prices are for boutiques.  Not ebay.

And now you are offering them at 50% off and calling it a sale.

That turns me off as a buyer same as when stores do it.

Message 2 of 42
latest reply

@emerald40 wrote:

@lyudmylam2006 wrote:

Any idea?

There is nothing wrong with showing the MSRP and then what you are selling it for. Markdowns are a benefit of having a store, and sellers should be encouraged to use it.

Message 3 of 42
latest reply

Do you really think that ebay is garage sale only?

I asked about technical problem.I didn't ask you about prices.I am selling on ebay for so many years that really don't need your suggesting about prices.I don't have cheap stuff. Just ignore my store if it is not for you.

Message 4 of 42
latest reply

Same for me too. eBay told be their is a problem they are working on it.

Message 5 of 42
latest reply

Thank you very much for your reply.

Message 6 of 42
latest reply

@hioctane62 wrote:

@emerald40 wrote:

@lyudmylam2006 wrote:

Any idea?

There is nothing wrong with showing the MSRP and then what you are selling it for. Markdowns are a benefit of having a store, and sellers should be encouraged to use it.

Everyone knows that the MSRP is some arbitrary price point that stores do not use as their actual selling price.  So to take 50% off from that price is dishonest, imo as it will never be priced at the MSRP.

Message 7 of 42
latest reply

O.K. You are entitled to your opinion of how retail has worked for the past half century or so.

Message 8 of 42
latest reply

@lyudmylam2006 wrote:

I asked about technical problem.I didn't ask you about prices.I am selling on ebay for so many years that really don't need your suggesting about prices.I don't have cheap stuff. Just ignore my store if it is not for you.

Everything is not ebay's fault.  If your prices were good, people would be purchasing them.

I have also been here 19 years. I have 2 girls and we just went shopping in the mall for similar items to yours and they were priced much lower.  And our mall is upscale.

Sorry if the truth hurts, but you brought it here, not me.

Message 9 of 42
latest reply

@lyudmylam2006 wrote:

Any idea?

The social icons are there, they just moved them up towards the top.

Have a great day
Message 10 of 42
latest reply

@emerald40 wrote:

@lyudmylam2006 wrote:

Everything is not ebay's fault.  If your prices were good, people would be purchasing them.

I have also been here 19 years. I have 2 girls and we just went shopping in the mall for similar items to yours and they were priced much lower.  And our mall is upscale.

Sorry if the truth hurts, but you brought it here, not me.

Actually you were the one that first brought up prices, Emm.  OP was asking about view counts and social media icons.

Message 11 of 42
latest reply

Thank you very much!

Message 12 of 42
latest reply

After looking at a couple of your listings, I still don't know what a squishy cell phone charm is designed to accomplish or how it functions and why it might be worth $14.00.

Admittedly I know nothing about cell phone accessories, nor do either of my two cell phones seem to need any. 

If squishy cell phone charms are in demand, you might want to do some research, document findings in spread sheet style and look for patterns that might suggest a different approach to your marketing. 

One thing I saw in one of your listings is there are 10 of this particular charm available.

In essence your your telling buyers there is somewhere between a 10 minute to three year supply of these things. It means they can order anytime and may be waiting for you to cut the price, assuming they're waiting at all and maybe not.

List'em one at a time. It suggests an immediacy to buy.

"Fly the Big Ones"
Message 13 of 42
latest reply

I am sorry that another person felt the need to critique your listings when all you did was ask a technical question. That was out of line.

My view counters are also messed up.  

Message 14 of 42
latest reply

@lyudmylam2006 wrote:

Any idea?

@lyudmylam2006,  you can't necessarily count on what you're seeing in terms of Views or Watchers on your Active selling screen is accurate.    There's a problem that's gone on for weeks (maybe months, now) where Views/Watcher info isn't displaying properly.    One minute you look and you have "X" number of view/watchers.  You look again and everything has been zeroed out or there are just dashes in those fields.  Look again, and your stats show numbers.  

It's been brought up to eBay reps who sometimes frequent these forums several times, and the only thing they ever say is yes, they know there is a problem, they're working on it, and the problem is only "cosmetic"-- as in *you are* getting views and watchers, they just aren't showing up on your screen.  

So bottom line, don't get too wigged out about seeing zero views as what you're seeing may not at all be accurate.  But then again, maybe it is.  There is just no reliable way to know until eBay finally, if ever, gets the problem sorted out.  Ridiculous, I know.  But that's the reality of the situation...

Message 15 of 42
latest reply