cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

0 VIEWS , NO SOCIAL MEDIA ICONS

Part of my listings have 0 views for many days.Also no more social madia icons next to the listings.

Any idea?

Message 1 of 42
latest reply
41 REPLIES 41

Re: 0 VIEWS , NO SOCIAL MEDIA ICONS

I am having the same problem.

Sorry emerald came down on you he should not have. He does not represent everyone one here. And he is wrong this is eBay's fault.

Message 16 of 42
latest reply

Thank you very much for your support.I wasn't here in discussing forum for few years.And to be honest don't want to post anymore...

Message 17 of 42
latest reply

@skatefool wrote:

@emerald40 wrote:

@lyudmylam2006 wrote:

Do you really think that ebay is garage sale only?

I asked about technical problem.I didn't ask you about prices.I am selling on ebay for so many years that really don't need your suggesting about prices.I don't have cheap stuff. Just ignore my store if it is not for you.

Everything is not ebay's fault.  If your prices were good, people would be purchasing them.

I have also been here 19 years. I have 2 girls and we just went shopping in the mall for similar items to yours and they were priced much lower.  And our mall is upscale.

Sorry if the truth hurts, but you brought it here, not me.

Actually you were the one that first brought up prices, Emm.  OP was asking about view counts and social media icons.

View counts or lack of does not equal throttling or a glitch.

Lack of view counts means that when I am scrolling down the page and looking at the photo and the price, I scroll right on past it.  I am not clicking on the link which would result in a view.

She was asking about view counts and social media icons.  The latter is just in another position on the page.  The former is because of her boutique prices and sales and what she considers a 50% sale.

Message 18 of 42
latest reply

Thank you!

Have a nice day!!!!!!!!!!

Message 19 of 42
latest reply

@lyudmylam2006 wrote:

Thank you!

Have a nice day!!!!!!!!!!

You're welcome @lyudmylam2006.  You, too!  Smiley Happy

Message 20 of 42
latest reply

Spend less time critiquing people's listings and focus more on being supportive. Your tactics run people off these "support" boards.

And the "view count" issue is a known glitchglitch at eBay right now.  I just had an auction end with 5 bids and 0 views. 

Message 21 of 42
latest reply

@gotitinpdx wrote:

Spend less time critiquing people's listings and focus more on being supportive. Your tactics run people off these "support" boards.

And the "view count" issue is a known glitchglitch at eBay right now.  I just had an auction end with 5 bids and 0 views. 

Supportive does not pay the bills.

Views mean nothing, as you just indicated.  It is whether or not the item sells.

Message 22 of 42
latest reply

Not everyone wants your help in paying their bills. 

A technical question,  should bring an appropriate response. And "views" may not be relevant to sales,  but lots of users enjoy having them and they should be accurate.

Message 23 of 42
latest reply

@gotitinpdx wrote:

Not everyone wants your help in paying their bills. 

A technical question,  should bring an appropriate response. And "views" may not be relevant to sales,  but lots of users enjoy having them and they should be accurate.

And what response would that be - that ebay has had a problem with views where some are resetting each day.  So?

Some complain that when they see a lot of views it is because of ebay bots.

View mean absolutely nothing.  They are irrelevant.  Her items are being seen because I just saw them as did another poster who made another comment.

Message 24 of 42
latest reply

@lyudmylam2006 wrote:

Do you really think that ebay is garage sale only?

I asked about technical problem.I didn't ask you about prices.I am selling on ebay for so many years that really don't need your suggesting about prices.I don't have cheap stuff. Just ignore my store if it is not for you.

I get this. I am ignoring your store. It seems that so is everyone else since you aren't getting views. 

You think that a lack of views to your store is a technical problem? I think it's a "overpriced" problem.

"Believe in something, even if it means sacrificing everything" Colin Kaepernick the new face of NIKE
Message 25 of 42
latest reply

@headlightsplus wrote:

I am having the same problem.

Sorry emerald came down on you he should not have. He does not represent everyone one here. And he is wrong this is eBay's fault.

I and another poster can see her listings.

So what again is ebay's fault.  No views?  So what?

The other seller did not have views either, she had bids.  That is what matters.

This constant blaming of ebay is having the opposite effect.  When it is used as much as it is by some sellers, it is starting to no longer be believed.

Crying wolf loses its effect after awhile.

Message 26 of 42
latest reply

2361 items listed and 36 feedback as a seller in the last year?

Wow.

"Believe in something, even if it means sacrificing everything" Colin Kaepernick the new face of NIKE
Message 27 of 42
latest reply

I'll never understand why some posters here believe that every thread started is there for them to evaluate the OP's listings and listing practices.

Message 28 of 42
latest reply

Same here, -- views on on my auctions when there were views last week.  When I refreshed multiple times in a row, I got 1072 views on a item listed for one day and 2 watchers.  Made no sense, now it's back to --views.  Frustrating!

Message 29 of 42
latest reply

@hioctane62 wrote:

I'll never understand why some posters here believe that every thread started is there for them to evaluate the OP's listings and listing practices.

Once again.  OP was saying no views.

What was she implying?

It was ebay's fault.

I am telling her in her case, it is not.

Some have viable reasons to believe ebay is causing problems to their accounts.

Others are just following the latest mantra - it is ebay's fault.

If you cannot see why my critique of her listings is germaine to her post, I cannot help those with that mindset.  They rather blame ebay rather than take solid steps to improve their chances.

Message 30 of 42
latest reply