cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fall Sellers Update Warning

I just noticed that the spring update warns of the fall update.  Starting in September, your returns can be used against you.  "Poor Buyer Experiences" could result in addtional fees and extended delivery dates.  (eBay is going to change our delivery dates?!)  

Message 1 of 33
latest reply
32 REPLIES 32

Well we KNEW they weren't showing the # of returns for no reason.

Crusader Cat is watching

Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself. - L Tolstoy

"You are entitled to your own opinion, you are not however, entitled to your own facts."

Message 2 of 33
latest reply

As a Buyer does that mean that in every listing, there will be a note next to the seller's name stating their Return percentages?  

As a Seller, I am more concerned with these New Seller Metrics: 

"When you sell an item and the buyer notifies you that they have not received their item, or that it was not as described, your seller performance standard rating may be affected if you do not resolve the buyer request in a timely manner. Starting in June 2018, we will provide you with additional visibility into the status of your buyers’ after-sale requests in Seller Hub, which will help you identify any listings that aren’t meeting buyer expectations. The metrics will also show how often you receive these requests compared to sellers of similar items and circumstances. Low rates of after-sale requests can help improve your listings visibility."

What if you are on Vacation and a buyer notifys you of an issue.  Does ebay decide the "timely manner" to get back to that buyer?  

Message 3 of 33
latest reply

It just keep getting worse.  Just giving our stuff away for free just isnt enough.  We need to pay more fees on top of that.  Best regards

Message 4 of 33
latest reply

I'm wondering if this will affect the Chinese sellers.

Message 5 of 33
latest reply

Oh please.

Crusader Cat is watching

Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself. - L Tolstoy

"You are entitled to your own opinion, you are not however, entitled to your own facts."

Message 6 of 33
latest reply

If it truly does then it would cause them to tank.
Message 7 of 33
latest reply

@ednkarens wrote:

As a Buyer does that mean that in every listing, there will be a note next to the seller's name stating their Return percentages?  

As a Seller, I am more concerned with these New Seller Metrics: 

"When you sell an item and the buyer notifies you that they have not received their item, or that it was not as described, your seller performance standard rating may be affected if you do not resolve the buyer request in a timely manner. Starting in June 2018, we will provide you with additional visibility into the status of your buyers’ after-sale requests in Seller Hub, which will help you identify any listings that aren’t meeting buyer expectations. The metrics will also show how often you receive these requests compared to sellers of similar items and circumstances. Low rates of after-sale requests can help improve your listings visibility."

What if you are on Vacation and a buyer notifys you of an issue.  Does ebay decide the "timely manner" to get back to that buyer?  

@ednkarens Thank you for your question.
1. Buyers will not be able to see Seller's return percentages. These metrics are presented to Sellers only.
2. You have the option to put your store on vacation mode and that will stop incoming sales, but it's possible you may get returns. If a return request is opened you are still required to respond to any return requests in a timely manner.

Message 8 of 33
latest reply

@kaelykat wrote:

Any bets of if this will be answered?

If so, any bets that the statement will be 'All of our policies are applied equally'?

@d-k_treasures wrote:

@kaelykat wrote:

If so, any bets that the statement will be 'All of our policies are applied equally'?

@d-k_treasures @kaelykat

Service metrics will be available to all sellers listing on US and international eBay sites, including ebay.com, ebay.ca, ebay.co.uk, ebay.de, ebay.fr, ebay.it, ebay.es and ebay.com.au. 

Message 10 of 33
latest reply

On my book selling account I have a 3 day handling time and economy (media mail) shipping.  USPS lists ship time as something like 5-9 days.  Yet ebay tells buyers they will recieve their item in 4 days or less.  I wonder what ebay math is going to look like come fall - will buyers be expecting their item in 1 day or less?

Message 11 of 33
latest reply

@rr15-26 wrote:

@d-k_treasures wrote:

@kaelykat wrote:

@d-k_treasures @kaelykat

Service metrics will be available to all sellers listing on US and international eBay sites, including ebay.com, ebay.ca, ebay.co.uk, ebay.de, ebay.fr, ebay.it, ebay.es and ebay.com.au. 

@rr15-26

With all due respect, that was not the question. 

The question is "Will the chinese sellers be punished - as we US sellers certainly will be - for a high # of returns?". You know, the returns that were not supposed to counted against us? 

And let me guess - it's going to be retroactive, right?

@oatreasure wrote:

On my book selling account I have a 3 day handling time and economy (media mail) shipping.  USPS lists ship time as something like 5-9 days.  Yet ebay tells buyers they will recieve their item in 4 days or less.  I wonder what ebay math is going to look like come fall - will buyers be expecting their item in 1 day or less?

Hi @oatreasure . 

After the delivery estimate that the buyer sees passes, the buyer is available to submit an item not received after-sale request. 

The delivery estimate a buyer sees considers the handling time you set plus information the shipping service the buyer selects at checkout. Be sure economy is the delivery service being offered when you list and at check out. 

Message 13 of 33
latest reply

@d-k_treasures wrote:

@rr15-26 wrote:

@d-k_treasures wrote:

@kaelykat wrote:

@d-k_treasures @kaelykat

@rr15-26

With all due respect, that was not the question. 

The question is "Will the chinese sellers be punished - as we US sellers certainly will be - for a high # of returns?". You know, the returns that were not supposed to counted against us? 

And let me guess - it's going to be retroactive, right?

@d-k_treasures

Thank you. Happy to add additional clarification.

All sellers, regardless of their country or origin or their location will be subject to consequences if they have very high rates of item not as described returns.

The returns that are counted in this metric are 'item not as described' returns. Click HERE to find out all reasons that are counted in this metric.

To your question on retroactive - We will consider transactions within 3 month or 12 month lookback. 

Message 14 of 33
latest reply

I'm wondering too. Also, unless it's a snad request, I don't think most people who buy Chinese goods will return them anyway since the costs to return from the U.S. are prohibitive from what I've read. We don't get the same dirt-cheap ePacket price the Chinese do when they send goods here. So it's kind of skewed anyway, perhaps?

Message 15 of 33
latest reply