cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Beginning September 2018, False SNAD claims will start to cost you more

Reading the new Service Metric page that eBay is about to introduce, notice that a high number of SNADs will get you higher fees ... combined with the email from a few weeks ago about returns, this also means lower visiibility and other competitive disadvantages.

With 2 exceptions (a broken item in shipping, and a manufacturing defect on a new item), every single one of my SNADs in the last year have been false ... they were buyers lying to get free return shipping.

eBay didn't you learn anything from the feedback fiasco?  We shouldn't have to be penalized for bad buyers.

(I have no problem with eBay penalizing sellers who consistently have SNAD issues, by the way.  But how can you tell if it is genuine or just a bad buyer?)

Message 1 of 17
latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

Re: Beginning September 2018, False SNAD claims will start to cost you more

@a_c_green wrote:

@srinivasavenkates_0 wrote:
Not uploading tracking information when the buyer selected a tracked shipping service during checkout is a policy violation and it is very important to keep this shipping service commitment to buyers to minimize chances of claims.  

@srinivasavenkates_0: I think you may be confusing "policy" with "best practices." I see that you are a new seller yourself, and it doesn't hurt to become familiar with both, but in my own review of the Performance Standards pages, the closest I could come to any discussion of tracking as regards on-time delivery was this excerpt:

If there's no tracking available, we'll check with your buyer. If your buyer confirms

> the item was delivered on time—you'll be recognized for on-time shipping.

Ref: https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/selling-policies/seller-performance-policy?id=4347

(under "Transaction Defect Rate Requirements")

I'm sure you would agree that "[being] recognized for on-time shipping" is hardly a policy violation.

@a_c_green

It is always a good practice to upload tracking for all shipments where tracking is available. We have updated the Selling Practices policy to reflect the importance and requirement of maintaining  shipping service promise - uploading tracking information when the buyer selected a shipping service option that offers tracking is a part of this update. 

Message 16 of 17
latest reply

Re: Beginning September 2018, False SNAD claims will start to cost you more

@rossgames wrote:

What do you mean by violation? Will our accounts be suspended if we don’t upload tracking? If buyers are not opening cases why is it a problem? 

@rossgames

We have observed that untracked shipments have higher chances of items not received cases being filed against. In order to minimize chances of these cases and to ensure that shipping service commitment to buyers is met , we have updated the Selling Practices policy - uploading tracking information when the buyer selected a shipping service option that offers tracking is an important part of this.

Message 17 of 17
latest reply