cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why can't I use the "Classic Site" on my iPhone?

I prefer to use the Classic Site on my iPhone and until this evening have not had any issues using it. Now, when I click on the "Classic Site" at the bottom of the page, it says "Something went wrong. We're sorry." So I called eBay and they told me it was a problem because I use Safari. Was never a problem before. Can anyone help? Thank you very much!

Message 1 of 57
latest reply
56 REPLIES 56

Re: Why can't I use the "Classic Site" on my iPhone?

Its an ebay glitch that i found out about on ecommerce bytes about an hour ago. Ebay should have it fixed in TWO WEEKS according to ebay themselves.

Message 16 of 57
latest reply

@fallcottagegifts

I just found out on android that if you go to ebay.com on your phone then use the dot menu upper right hand corner there is an option that says "use desktop version"  or something similar.

You then are in the classic view.  

Comics-scifi_collectibles Is a Volunteer Community Mentor.
I have been a seller since 2003

Message 17 of 57
latest reply

To "use" ebay dot com, means you are in a browser. There is no dot or bar menu on the FireFox browser. Was your source using another browser, perhaps?

eBay is continually updating this site. Some advice given may have changed. Please reply to this thread, to let us know if this advice works for you. The links on the bottom of any eBay page can help you deal with most eBay issues. Contact eBay Customer Service on Facebook.com/eBay or Twitter.com/AskeBay
Message 18 of 57
latest reply

Exact same issue as the OP as of 8/8/17. Tried all of the above and this issue is...tantalizing. I hope they fix it soon. 

Message 19 of 57
latest reply

@dollybeauty  

I am referring to using the phones web browser, I should have been clearer on that.    On android I go to ebay.com using chrome then select the "view desk top" version using the chrome  dot menu,      This shows the  "classic site" since the classic site link does not work.  

It's a bit clunky and you have to enlarge of course but it does work in a pinch for those who do not have a PC handy they can perform more functions this way.  

Comics-scifi_collectibles Is a Volunteer Community Mentor.
I have been a seller since 2003

Message 20 of 57
latest reply

Having same problem here on iphone. Have tried everything and still not working. Assuming it does work again does anyone know how to get your iphone to stay in classic. Annoying that default seems to be mobile version

Message 21 of 57
latest reply

I've been having this problem for weeks and FINALLY someone posted a link that worked. 

Https://www.ebay.com/myb/PurchaseHistory

Message 22 of 57
latest reply

I'm usually able to use the Classic Site on my iPhone but now it's not working. When I click it, it keeps taking me to items I'm watching. Very frustrating.  Please fix. I use Classic site frequently.   

Message 23 of 57
latest reply

Yup, the problem is back! 😩 Why can't they fix this???!!! Really beyond being annoyed now!

Message 24 of 57
latest reply

I am also freezing up on watch list when trying to do anything on the classic site 

I posted to the mobile app board & hope anyone with this issue will pop over there & add to my post as the mobile app team work that board 

http://community.ebay.com/t5/Mobile-App-iOS/Issue-with-classic-site/m-p/27531180#M1561

Message 25 of 57
latest reply

Yessss, it works.  Thanxalot

Message 26 of 57
latest reply

They are for themselves only
Message 27 of 57
latest reply

They are dictating to the sellers. They go into your account and add offer
Message 28 of 57
latest reply

Go toy our eBay classic site. Scroll down to the the arrow pointing up athe bottom of the page. Click on it. Click or “request desktop site”

that should work

Message 29 of 57
latest reply

Go to your eBay classic site. Scroll down to the the arrow pointing up athe bottom of the page ( the icon that is used to forward the page to an email etc. ). Click on it. Click or “request desktop site”
that should work

Message 30 of 57
latest reply