cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why can't I use the "Classic Site" on my iPhone?

I prefer to use the Classic Site on my iPhone and until this evening have not had any issues using it. Now, when I click on the "Classic Site" at the bottom of the page, it says "Something went wrong. We're sorry." So I called eBay and they told me it was a problem because I use Safari. Was never a problem before. Can anyone help? Thank you very much!

Message 1 of 57
latest reply
56 REPLIES 56

Re: Why can't I use the "Classic Site" on my iPhone?

Enlarge the page, and Tap Sign in, once you are signed in,

• For Chrome,
    Tap the 3 dot menu in the upper right hand corner to open the drop down menu
    Tap Use Desktop Site
  • For Safari,
    Tap and hold the Refresh button in the URL bar of the Mobile eBay site.
    When the menu appears, tap Request Desktop Site.
  • For FireFox,
    Tap the three dot menu icon
    Tap the checkbox for Request desktop site.

Courtesy of Quiltgeek.

Message 46 of 57
latest reply

I HAVE THE ANSWER HOORAY!!

On an iPhone hold down refresh arrow at the top right and “request desktop site” will pop up! 

You can navigate without it reverting :)))

https://www.idownloadblog.com/2015/09/16/how-to-request-desktop-site-safari-ios-9/

Message 47 of 57
latest reply

I HAVE THE ANSWER HOORAY!!

On an iPhone hold down refresh arrow at the top right and “request desktop site” will pop up! 

You can navigate without it reverting back to the mobile site! :))))

Message 48 of 57
latest reply

Perfect thank you - it worked 👍

Message 49 of 57
latest reply

Thanks for the solution to an annoyance! 

Message 50 of 57
latest reply

You can access the first page on classic view/full site but as soon as you click to go to a certain page or setting within that page/your account it kicks you right back out to the mobile site every single time. I have tried ev.er.y.thing that I can think to do, I've messed with this for hours along with researching and there is no way to fix it.
Message 51 of 57
latest reply

I've read all the responses, most are 2017-18, since yours is recent I'm wondering if you found an answer???? I have cheapest iPhone SE, like a 6 sort of. Also an 8 year old iPad 3 that is my main computer. NO Desktop. My problem is related to printing shipping labels. I refuse to spend big bucks for an Apple "Air-Print" printer. I have a $90 Brother B&W laser workhorse that prints many thousands of pages & plain paper labels on a $14 toner cartridge. I used to print labels from the traditional eBay website on the iPad because for years the app did NOT have a label printing function. I've since started using the "print label" function in the app, on the iPad, or iPhone. I can create a label but clicking on "print" only results in the app searching for a "printer" ,NOT finding an "Air Print" option, and no other option offered other than to email label. At this point I have to revert to the "classic website", go to "shipping labels" in "my eBay", click on "reprint label", click "download label" then take screenshot of label, then go to my Brother Iprint/scan app, and print label as a photo. Seems complicated but it's really just a memorized series of 8-10 clicks I can do in seconds. Works great, I've been doing it for a year, and I'm happy with it. Great! As long as I can access the "classic website" which is a piece of cake with Safari on the ancient iPad which is getting slower and the battery is not like it used to be if you know what I mean. SO, I tried doing it all on the iPhone as an experiment and like you say, no matter what I do it kicks me to the app. The above mentioned solution to "tap & hold" on the refresh arrow WILL NOT bring up a menu to "request classic website". Scrolling to very bottom of page shows a "go to classic website" link but clicking it simply refreshes the **bleep** app. I've tried clearing cookies, I've deleted the app from iPhone, I've typed in every possible way to access "classic website" on iPhone and it still goes to the app which I don't even have installed anymore. I did find that clicking the multi colored eBay logo at upper left opens a first page that looks like "classic website" but whatever click one does next simply reverts to the same **bleep** app page again. Maybe I will have to try the "email label" function, email it to myself as a PDF and try printing that? However, once I'm gone from the "print label" page in the app, there is NO way to access a "reprint label" function in the app. All it will let me do is create ANOTHER label which would bill me TWICE. The ONLY way to "reprint label" that I can find is in the "classic website". SO! If my ancient iPad DIES I'm OUT OF BUSINESS unless I can access the "classic website" on the iPhone. Have you tried the Google Chrome solution???? Please help??? Thanks! John
Message 52 of 57
latest reply

I get the feeling eBay and Apple are conspiring against me thinking they can force me to buy a $600 Apple "Air Print" printer. Which WOULD solve the problem nicely. However THAT is NOT how I do business!
Message 53 of 57
latest reply

5/27/2020. having the exact problems with NOT being able to use ebay classic on my iphone. also unable to open or delete anything in my Watch list. frustrating as hell-understabdxwhy props leave ebay and go to order venues
Message 54 of 57
latest reply

Im a seller on ebay and i bookmarked this url on my phone, it takes me to a desktop view of my sellerhub, without having to put my mobile browser in desktop mode.  I hope it works for others as well:

ebay.com/sh/ovw

Message 55 of 57
latest reply

Now why can’t eBay just give a simple answer like that? I don’t understand why the app has so many features missing. It’s a multibillion dollar company. Smh
Message 56 of 57
latest reply

Ebay gets crappier and crappier every year. As if the thousands of scammers trying to steal your items wasnt bad enough... or ebay’s refusal to protect sellers. Now we can’t even force the desktop site to load so we can access the dozens of settings that have locked away from mobile users.

to hell with ebay.

Message 57 of 57
latest reply