cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why can't I use the "Classic Site" on my iPhone?

I prefer to use the Classic Site on my iPhone and until this evening have not had any issues using it. Now, when I click on the "Classic Site" at the bottom of the page, it says "Something went wrong. We're sorry." So I called eBay and they told me it was a problem because I use Safari. Was never a problem before. Can anyone help? Thank you very much!

Message 1 of 57
latest reply
56 REPLIES 56

That worked for me on Chrome, not Safari. No three-dot menu on Safari.
Message 31 of 57
latest reply

Download Google Chrome and request desktop site in settings. Worked perfect
Message 32 of 57
latest reply

Thanks! I was quite frustrated with the mobile site and don’t like the app. Back in business!
Message 33 of 57
latest reply

Has anyone found a way to get around this.  It just happened to me this week.  It’s terribly annoying and is pretty much useless.  I’ve tried downloading Google Chrome and selecting the desktop version but it doesn’t work.  Please share if you know how to get the classic version or desktop version on my iPhone.  Thanks

Message 34 of 57
latest reply

Anyone tried the old workaround from 2015?

https://www.ebay.com/feed?redirect=mobile

Probably no longer works, but worth a shot.
Message 35 of 57
latest reply

Yep I’m having same trouble spoke to eBay they say be 24 hrs before put right that was 6 days ago........... I hate eBay mobile app so hard to use not many options there to narrow search down 

Message 36 of 57
latest reply

I thought you had it but as soon as click print label it goes straight back to mobile site. Driving me crazy!
Message 37 of 57
latest reply

Bless you!!!!!
Message 38 of 57
latest reply

Cool. On chrome it worked for me.
TY😃
Message 39 of 57
latest reply

Mine isn't working in Safari, either.  Customer Service at eBay said, "we are aware of the problem & we're working on it."  They said to use Google Chrome.

Message 40 of 57
latest reply

Ok, I feel stupid because this guy is right: all I had to do was scroll down from the three vertical Google chrome dots at the upper right corner of screen and check Use Desktop and voila! Classic site came up instantly...

Message 41 of 57
latest reply

To be clearer for those who do not understand...

For mobile devices - You can use your device's browser to access eBay, just like a desktop.

Tap your device's browser icon, tap the url (address) line, the type in ebay.com,

Enlarge the page, and Tap Sign in, once you are signed in,

• For Chrome,
    Tap the 3 dot menu in the upper right hand corner to open the drop down menu
    Tap Use Desktop Site
  • For Safari,
    Tap and hold the Refresh button in the URL bar of the Mobile eBay site.
    When the menu appears, tap Request Desktop Site.
  • For FireFox,
    Tap the three dot menu icon
    Tap the checkbox for Request desktop site.

Courtesy of Quiltgeek.

Note: This 'desktop' version allows access to most account options. This is dangerous on mobile devices, which are easily lost or stolen. One should sign out of the 'desktop' version when done.

If your mobile device is lost or stolen, call eBay immediately, and ask them to cancel the session, for that mobile device.

eBay is continually updating this site. Some advice given may have changed. Please reply to this thread, to let us know if this advice works for you. The links on the bottom of any eBay page can help you deal with most eBay issues. Contact eBay Customer Service on Facebook.com/eBay or Twitter.com/AskeBay
Message 42 of 57
latest reply

Thanks👌🏽

Message 43 of 57
latest reply

I have had this problem with ebay and my iphone for MONTHS

today 10.2018 i was informed from a very helpful ebay customer service rep that it is an "on going issue and that EBAY IT has ticket and report pending "

and that IT has until December 14, 2018 to resolve and FIX their platform..

That means ebay's IT has had over 6 months to fix their platform problem that has been ocuuring since 2014 according to this thread..

unbelievable

Message 44 of 57
latest reply

you are amazing!
thank you so much..
huge karma points to you
Message 45 of 57
latest reply