cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Turbo lister not finding pre-filled data/product info and weird updates

I use Turbo lister about 2-3 times a week to list video game related items. Last night I noticed that when I create a new item template and try to search by game name to find the product details, nothing shows up. Even if I search for something generic like "mario"... and even when I straight enter in the upc no pre-filled data/product information is found.

I thought maybe turbo lister just needed an update, so I created a database backup and started checking for program updates. It found some needed updates but after installing them nothing changed. Next I choose the "Install Complete Version Update" and still nothing changed.

Then I started noticing something weird... when I would "check for program updates" sometimes it would say i was up to date and sometimes it would have new updates for me. A couple times I would check for updates right after updating and it would have a super small update (0.1mbish). 

I gave up on that and did a complete uninstall and reinstall. Unfortunately I still have the same problem. Turbo lister cannot add pre-filled data/product information by searching for upc or game title. 

Please advise,

Zeke

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Re: Turbo lister not finding pre-filled data/product info and weird updates

Having the exact same problem here. I do coins.

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

I started experiencing this today with books.  I didn't use turbo lister for the last 2 days, so I'm not sure when it started.

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

I'm having the very same issue for movies (Blu-rays/DVDs). None of the prefilled information can be found, no matter what I type into the Turbolister search box (UPC, title or director). Would appreciate an update on a fix!
Message 4 of 11
latest reply

This - exact same problem.  Updated Turbo Lister, re-installed, still having same issue.  Id I list an item directly from the site I can fin the item in the catalog, but not via Turbo Lister.

Let us know!  We need a fix for this.

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

I replied in the other thread but would like the workaround visible to anyone who needs it.

We are working on a fix.

For the time being, you can list items with catalog product details without using the search by entering the UPC in the UPC/EAN/ISBN/VIN box and listing the item.

Once the item is on ebay the product details will be on the item. Any information that you don't fill in (Title, Photo, Description, etc) in Turbo Lister are filled in by the product details as long as there is a match for the product identifier supplied in that field.

upc.png

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

I'm having the same problem, but as I am trying to list old cameras, putting in an EAN or similar code is just not an option.

Whatever I put in (even tried 'Xbox'!) it says 'This product may not be in our catalog'

I'm in the UK, not sure if that makes a difference. 

Please can you give me a time for a fix - I'm listing for a charity, so it's important for us make the listings as detailed as possible.

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

Try placing 'Does not apply' in the EAN/UPC box.

eBay is continually updating this site. Some advice given may have changed. Please reply to this thread, to let us know if this advice works for you. The links on the bottom of any eBay page can help you deal with most eBay issues. Contact eBay Customer Service on Facebook.com/eBay or Twitter.com/AskeBay
Message 8 of 11
latest reply

Thanks for the suggestion.

That doesn't make any difference, even if I put does not apply in in the EAN, whatever I put in the search box I still get a 'This product may not be in our catalog' message.

I have updated to the latest version and compressed the database, restarted my computer, etc.

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

I'm a guy who deals directly with the eBay API (I have a custom listing tool). I know exactly what the problem is, eBay messed up their API relating to the " GetCategorySpecifics" call. I had to re-write a script in order to work around it.

Interestingly enough there is no way to get in touch with the people responsible without paying money (seriously). They charge like $150 an hour to get in touch with them. I posted the bug on the ebay developers forum a few weeks ago but haven't heard anything.

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

Is someone going to fix this?

The issue was first mentioned in January.  And its the middle of MAY now..   MAY!!! 

I sell books and this is making it very diffcult to continue to sell my items. The ony items that still work are my Relistings.  Anything new I try to create in Turbo lister is unable to use the ISBN to look up details, pics ect.

Either fix the issue or provide a new tool that i can import all my data into and continue to use ebay as my selling platform  Otherwise I will take my business elsewhere.

Not Happy.

Message 11 of 11
latest reply