cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sports Trading cards revision deadline - post here if you are stuck

eBay's sports trading card deadline for the item specific "Graded" arrived today.

Sellers with variation listings could not modify their item specifics until they resolved conflicts with the variation name "Card Attributes".  Now sellers can not bulk update the "Card Attribute" conflict until they add the "Graded" item specific (most will state "No" as the graded item specific) .

Catch-22.

Time to move to Plan B.

For those sellers who still have listings with hundreds of variations to update, but who missed the opportunity to use the bulk variation scanner provided here, and who now can't bulk update at all, the next solution is to include the full set of item specifics in the bulk revision of variations.  We can not simply add the missing attribute. Unfortunately, the whole set of Item Specifics must be restated in a bulk revision. I'm working on some sort of solution.

I've got two tools to work with.

The Variation Scanner will pull in the variation data.

https://www.isdntek.com/ebaytools/VariationScanner.htm

The Item Specifics Scanner will pull in the item specifics.

https://www.isdntek.com/ebaytools/ItemSpecificScanner.htm

The task will be to merge the two spreadsheets and restate the old item specifics with eBay's new headings and values. 

ShipScript has been an eBay Community volunteer since 2003, specializing in HTML, CSS, Scripts, Photos, Active Content, Technical Solutions, and online Seller Tools.
Message 1 of 119
latest reply
118 REPLIES 118

Re: Sports Trading cards revision deadline - post here if you are stuck

@arrowhead10-7 

Run two different reports.

I had considered an option to include multiple names, but then I saw it would be too easy for sellers to go over their 5K-rows daily upload limit (although a seller can request a limit increase from eBay)

With all of your data loaded, you can run two different reports on the same data.

ShipScript has been an eBay Community volunteer since 2003, specializing in HTML, CSS, Scripts, Photos, Active Content, Technical Solutions, and online Seller Tools.
Message 46 of 119
latest reply

@arrowhead10-7 

I see that you have about 15,000 rows of variations. With a 5000 rows-per-day limit in the Hub, your revisions would have to span 3 days. If you haven't already done so, ask for a limit increase here:

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Seller-Tools/File-Exchange-Limit-Increase-Requests-Here/td-p/31420544

Message 47 of 119
latest reply

@shipscript Much appreciated thank you.  I will try this tonight when I have more free time and see what happens.  Thank you again

Message 48 of 119
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @shipscript,

Thanks for tagging me.

This change will indeed not prevent listings from renewing, it will only impact new listings ,and any revisions made to existing listings (meaning that no revisions can be made until an item is compliant with the new requirements).

Hope this helps!

Message 49 of 119
latest reply

That fixed it and allowed the changes to process on a listing was working on.  

Off to fix the rest!  Thanks!

Message 50 of 119
latest reply

@shipscript When I go to do the revisions to the variations, some variations have 0 remaining.  This will not revert the entire listing to the original will it? Meaning items that I am out of stock on will not show back up?

Message 51 of 119
latest reply

@shipscript thanks so much!  I'm starting to make progress and can see many of my listings have been fixed.  Now to work on the remaining ones.  This was hard, but kept at it and got it.

Message 52 of 119
latest reply

Spoke too soon I suppose.  I was able to update all listings that had Card Number to Card #.  But now trying to update Card Attributes to Card # and it fails, says I dont have graded populated.  I did it exactly like the first one but for some reason it's not recognizing it this time.

mcucinella_0-1626398335663.png

mcucinella_1-1626398571787.png

The good thing is, the remaining items wont ever be updated by me as far as I can tell.  Once they are sold through, they are done.

Message 53 of 119
latest reply

@mcucinella 

You almost have it. The column label for item specs must start with C:

So your two headings should be "C:Graded" and "C:Sport"

Message 54 of 119
latest reply

@arrowhead10-7 

I'm not sure what will happen with a zero quantity if you don't have stock control turned on. Some have reported a warning that the variation will be deleted, and I've seen some reports that the variation returns to the start quantity. On the other hand, with stock controrl turned on, the variation should remain at zero.  Unfortunately, I don't have solid feedback on why there are differences within the same setting.

Message 55 of 119
latest reply

@shipscript it ended up deleting the 0 quantity variations, which is fine.  The update work and this was a lifesaver.  Saved so much time and frustration dealing with these again after revising close to 1000 listings.  Thank you so very much! 

Message 56 of 119
latest reply

I use Google Sheets for my spreadsheet.  Would that work to do this?  I just need 17 variations to list but am starting to think it might just be better to recreate them rather than learning through all of the information here.   

Message 57 of 119
latest reply

@broyer 

Yes, google sheets should work with your spreadsheet.

I only see three listings for you. Are you talking about adding more variations to those 3 listings, or are you talking about something else?

Message 58 of 119
latest reply

Thank you for the information

I appreciate that.

Message 59 of 119
latest reply

thank you for reply. I hope this helps.

Message 60 of 119
latest reply