cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sports Trading cards revision deadline - post here if you are stuck

eBay's sports trading card deadline for the item specific "Graded" arrived today.

Sellers with variation listings could not modify their item specifics until they resolved conflicts with the variation name "Card Attributes".  Now sellers can not bulk update the "Card Attribute" conflict until they add the "Graded" item specific (most will state "No" as the graded item specific) .

Catch-22.

Time to move to Plan B.

For those sellers who still have listings with hundreds of variations to update, but who missed the opportunity to use the bulk variation scanner provided here, and who now can't bulk update at all, the next solution is to include the full set of item specifics in the bulk revision of variations.  We can not simply add the missing attribute. Unfortunately, the whole set of Item Specifics must be restated in a bulk revision. I'm working on some sort of solution.

I've got two tools to work with.

The Variation Scanner will pull in the variation data.

https://www.isdntek.com/ebaytools/VariationScanner.htm

The Item Specifics Scanner will pull in the item specifics.

https://www.isdntek.com/ebaytools/ItemSpecificScanner.htm

The task will be to merge the two spreadsheets and restate the old item specifics with eBay's new headings and values. 

ShipScript has been an eBay Community volunteer since 2003, specializing in HTML, CSS, Scripts, Photos, Active Content, Technical Solutions, and online Seller Tools.
Message 1 of 119
latest reply
118 REPLIES 118

I made most of the updates to card number a few months ago with the grading included in my postings.  Whenever I tried to update some quantities, I get an error that Card Number is not a valid variation anymore and I have no idea why.  Any insight would be awesomeScreen Shot 2021-07-12 at 10.25.04 AM.png

Message 2 of 119
latest reply

Responses from a Bulk File upload to Seller Hub:

Revise Failure 21920061 Error - Card Number is not allowed as a variation specific.

Revise Failure 21920061 Error - Card Attributes is not allowed as a variation specific.

Revise Failure 21919303 Error - The item specific Graded is missing. Add Graded to this listing.

ShipScript has been an eBay Community volunteer since 2003, specializing in HTML, CSS, Scripts, Photos, Active Content, Technical Solutions, and online Seller Tools.
Message 3 of 119
latest reply

@jaykraz92 

Card Number was valid until yesterday. It is sad that there was no warning of this coming at us.   You will have to again revise all of your variation listings.  Fortunately, the tool will make that faster.

I looked at your 68 card listings that have variation named "Card Number" and at your 11 that are named "Card Attributes". Some are missing the "Graded" item specifics, and some still have unsupported condition numbers.  We can still fix the remainder in bulk.

I would recommend that you start with the variation scanner to gather your variation data.

https://www.isdntek.com/ebaytools/VariationScanner.htm

To make it easier, I used the search filter to return only the 261328 category, and have preloaded your settings at this link with the recommended settings for your "Card Attributes" job. There is a find/replace for condition that is loaded, based on what I saw in your listings. You will need to choose the new name for your Variation Group. I used Card#, but you may want something different.

If you are facile with a spreadsheet, you can select the "comma" report format, but I have set it to "tab" so that you will get a text file that won't automatically open a spreadsheet.  eBay will accept either file format.

When the job loads, make any adjustments to the settings and click the "Build Report" button. Download the file to your computer so that you can upload it to Seller Hub.

Then change the find/replace to find "Card Number" and run another report.

When you upload to Seller Hub, the few listings that are still missing the "Graded" specific will fail, and we'll deal with those differently.

This is where you will upload and separately process each file on Seller Hub.

When the upload finishes, close the little dialog that appears in the lower left corner. Your file history will appear on the page. Scroll over to the right of your most recent file and download the response file. That file will tell you which items failed and will give a reason.  If you uploaded a comma file, you'll receive a spreadsheet file. If you uploaded a tab file, it is better to open eBay's tabbed response in a text editor.

Message 4 of 119
latest reply

Thank you very much!  I tried a couple of listings that had a smaller amount of variations and to your point as long as the text of the variation is the same, the pictures will transfer (which was my biggest concern).  Bit tedious but not as bad as I thought it would be.  Thanks!

Message 5 of 119
latest reply

eBay is just getting stupid. Why the hell do we all keep listing cards if they keep doing this. PLEASE EBAY COMMUNICATE WITH US when you do this.

Message 6 of 119
latest reply

I found a work around with this tool: https://www.isdntek.com/ebaytools/VariationScanner.htm  You can add "C:Graded" and "C:Sport" fields at the beginning before the "Title". You then have to put the answer on the next line so it knows what you want to enter into that field. The only pain in the neck is you have to put 2 extra commons on each line for each variation so eBay's system knows to carry over the graded and sport field. I copy and pasted the text into a text editing program and did a find and replace, then pasted it back to make it easier. Thank god, I only have 4 listings that were not updated before the deadline as before I had several hundred with my card store account. This account that I am using to type this up is my computer part store account.

I made a custom field so eBay cannot mess around with me anymore. I put in "Card Number - Players Name" That way unless eBay creates this field, I won't have to keep coming back to this problem.

Message 7 of 119
latest reply

I found a solution to this. See my prior post about adding two new fields "C:Graded" and "C:Sport"

Message 8 of 119
latest reply

What a nightmare and complete waste of EVERYONES time! EBAY WHAT ARE YOU DOING TO YOUR SELLERS!

Message 9 of 119
latest reply

So now I have 1300+ listings that were converted to Card Number from Card Attributes that no longer work and 165 listings that had an Error when converting that now work fine. You can't make this stuff up. 

Message 10 of 119
latest reply

If you use the tool I linked to for anything that has the grading field set, you can rename Card Number to something else. I did it for one listing to make sure it works but over the next few days, I am going to change Card Number to a custom field Card Number - Players Name. That way eBay cannot mess with me again! To think I have in the middle of baseball season, right at the all star break, peak time for cards to sell for baseball, a stack of cards that might actually sell but cannot list them because I have to deal with eBay stupidity again. eBay is a group of monkeys. The only major difference between monkeys and humans is humans can communicate with spoken and written language, monkeys cannot do this.

All I ask of eBay is simply to communicate with us when you make changes like this. Don't just make a change and not tell us because you know we are humans not monkeys. If eBay would have said that when they made the graded field required that we would also make these fields protected from being a multi-variation listing item, then we would have all had to fix this once, not twice and god only knows how many more times.

Message 11 of 119
latest reply

How do you rename Card Number to something else? For example: "Cards" 

I used the tool, which has all my listings and I can see them within the program but now what? 

Please help if you have time. 

Thank you.

Message 12 of 119
latest reply

@bighorncards 

If you used the Variation Scanner tool to pull in all of your variation listings, then you will need to set up the options in the report area.  Below are the settings I used for your listings. I renamed "Card Number" to "Card#", but you can choose any other name.  After you set up the slots on your report screen to look like this, click the "Build Report" button and the report will be displayed.  (I included the condition number merely as an example to others who have a missing condition. Yours were fine, so that condition replacement will be ignored).

shipscript_0-1626133328058.png

At the bottom of the report, click the button to download a copy to your computer. You can then upload that report to eBay's Seller Hub as shown below:

When the upload finishes, close the little dialog that overlays the lower left corner. Your file history will appear on the page. Scroll over to the right of your most recent file and download the response file. That file will tell you which items failed and will give a reason.

Message 13 of 119
latest reply

I thank you, you are definitely more savvy with this then I am. Not sure what you are doing to be honest. Going to take a deep breath and hope Ebay gets this straightened out. I spoke with someone from Ebay yesterday and they didn't even give me a heads up on this. Found @shipscript information and was happy I could convert most of my listings. 

Ebay if you can get Card Attributes to work now, PLEASE do the same thing and get Card Number to work. Also, FYI most cards are NOT graded . Create a bulk edit that can add this information both ways. 

Also, Ebay I wasted three months of my time with this update or whatever you are calling it and I am sure I am not alone. I hope you will do the right thing with us.

Message 14 of 119
latest reply

@computeraidllc 

I'm glad you only fixed a couple of listings because adding only one or two item specifics in a spreadsheet upload could cause the other specifics in that listing to disappear. Do you have the two items to check?  It would be wonderful if the Hub would accept a partial revision, but, historically, the entire item specific set must be uploaded when uploading a spreadsheet.

However, you do have the gist of how it is done. The entire list of item specifics would be inserted into the spreadsheet for each master record.

You should be able to download a spreadsheet of missing item specifics from your Hub page and can use that spreadsheet to bulk upload all of your specifics at once. The problem is the you will be blocked because of the variation names. Thus, if that spreadsheet is married to the spreadsheet that the Variation Scanner produces, you should be able to fix it all at once.  In theory, that is.   In practice, there will be gotchas, like a listing with an active sale.

I'll see if I can put more info together on that.

Message 15 of 119
latest reply