cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Old Listing Format

Tried the new listing format.  Hate it.  How do I get back to original format?

Message 1 of 124
latest reply
123 REPLIES 123

Old Listing Format

I found the 3 dots by opening a draft I had saved but it is worthless...it provides no way back .. I will try to list one listing today just to say I tried.. I am not happy.. Ebay has shot itself in the foot ...maybe both feet with this new lister.. Jim

Message 61 of 124
latest reply

Old Listing Format

I left unpleasant language in one response .... eBay knows how to edit that .. Jim

Message 62 of 124
latest reply

Old Listing Format

Looks like they permanently switched me too..  GRRR.  the whole one worked fine.  why mess with it??...

Message 63 of 124
latest reply

Old Listing Format

I just noticed that on my templates it is not saving my Custom Label.  I add it to the template and hit save and go back to edit the template and it is gone... 

Message 64 of 124
latest reply

Old Listing Format

Stop fixing whats not broken. At the very least, give us the option to use the old format.

Message 65 of 124
latest reply

Old Listing Format

exactly.  the old format worked great.  Not sure why they wanted to change it.  They just wanted to make it look more fancy or something??...  🙄

Message 66 of 124
latest reply

Old Listing Format

The new format was not developed with the bulk listers in mind. It takes double the amount of clicks and you can't view the entire board at once which is very time consuming if you're listing, editing or proof-reading. Nevermind the people that have carpal tunnel issues. This new format will increase these types of injuries for the majority of users. Please re-instate the old legacy listing format as a choice for those who can not utilize the new format for expedient and health matters.  

Message 67 of 124
latest reply

Old Listing Format

Agreed- this tool does not have efficiency or value of time considered at all.  It is cumbersome and clunky and strictly developed for a 6" phone screen. it was a mistake to try and unify the look across all devices. For some reason they clung to an idea that the listing tool should be a pretty work of art... its not- it is a tool that that should function and serve a purpose and there is no reason that the classic (which did this well) was replaced by a simpleton's version of a listing tool..... The most ridiculous part is- that its not even simpler than the old version- it is far more time consuming and labor-some and frustrating to use.  We are barely able to replace what we sell with new listings of because its such a hassle to list.   No gmv growth anymore.

It took 7 months to get the shipping section marginally better- now it more closely resembles the classic tool- not there yet but better. 

Ebay must get rid of the popups and extra clicks for everything to make this a useable computer tool.

ex.  - immediate payment and local pickup etc should be on the main page with simple to see and use checkboxes (or fancier toggle buttons if you must)- the very fact that we must click on edit al or payments to open a popup just to select something AND then have to click done or out of the box again IS AN ANNOYING WASTE OF TIEM AND ADDS FRUSTRATION BECAUSE IT IS NOT AND INDUSTRY STANDARD PRACTICE- it make it take longer to list- then multiply that times every other decision you need to account for when listing and it is a burden to list on ebay.

Message 68 of 124
latest reply

Old Listing Format

Cumbersome, ham fisted, another ebay boondoggle.  If you are going to change things, maybe try improving them for a change!

Message 69 of 124
latest reply

Old Listing Format

OMG! Thank you for supplying that link!!! I wonder how long before they remove that! 🙄

Message 70 of 124
latest reply

Old Listing Format

thanks so much, i was suffering using the new format, then it just stop loading and i could not list or edit , all locked up. ebay just needs to run these "improvements" by 5 or 10 seasoned sellers to avoid these garbage roll outs

Message 71 of 124
latest reply

Old Listing Format

i think they need to create a completely NEW ebay and keep the "classic" ebay running, the two platforms sharing the only in SEARCH, nothing else, then after a year or so have everyone on the classic TRANSFER the classic ebay listing to the new platform. trying to integrate upgrades is proving to be a disaster, and why the H3LL are the doing this during the busiest listing period of the year?

Message 72 of 124
latest reply

Old Listing Format

LOL- @lipsticklulu  your absolutely right - only 5 or 10 sellers needed to give all the feedback about this new experience!  it is so universally bad on a desktop that 10 people are an accurate cross section of the millions of users lol..... They might as well changed the font to size 45 and made it all in green......... some designs are just wrong- no need to ask.  But here we are

Message 73 of 124
latest reply

Old Listing Format

The new way of listing suck'S and some programmer had nothing better to do than screw upna working listing so eBay fire hiom or here and get a new persom?

Message 74 of 124
latest reply

Old Listing Format

You're a hero, pgh_picker.  Thanx!

And in fact there are some aspects of the new listing tool I like. I do like having the images on top, it fits my workflow.   But the loss of some things that were useful before, when Ebay was repeatedly told in the last almost-year that the loss of these things was a problem, ruins what might have been an upgrade. 

What we really need is a good third-party CUSTOMIZABLE listing manager.  One of us Linux people should write one for our own use and share it around...

Message 75 of 124
latest reply