cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New listing tool-HATE IT! How do we get back to the previous one????

Message 1 of 22
latest reply
21 REPLIES 21

I dont expect that we have the option to use the old one after being tossed into using the new one. 

Posting ID
Message 2 of 22
latest reply

@eatof25 

Might as well get used to it, everyone will be using it now.

Have a great day
Message 3 of 22
latest reply

if only it was something that you could just "get used to".... problem is that its not just different. It's design as a phone app does not translate to work well on a desktop.   We cant just get used to what is not made to work.

too many popups and extra clicks and blinding white space that should contain information and be useable.

WE can get used to the inconvenience but as it stands now it has serious productivity limitations and that is a huge problem moving forward for sellers- its just not right for a desktop so it slows the listing process down considerably- since when is that acceptable in business?

Message 4 of 22
latest reply

Hard pass Ken. Don't take garbage lying down you stand up to it. 

Message 5 of 22
latest reply

@eatof25 

@lakefor94 

Some have found that this link will revert back. Does it work for you?

https://bulksell.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?SingleList&forcetool=CUB

It would only be a temporary solution.

ShipScript has been an eBay Community volunteer since 2003, specializing in HTML, CSS, Scripts, Photos, Active Content, Technical Solutions, and online Seller Tools.
Message 6 of 22
latest reply

Thank you for letting me know. Will try it.

Message 7 of 22
latest reply

@shipscript 

Sorry for the slow response. I had a 7-year-old granddaughter here for 4 nights, had my hands full, lol

Yes, That link works. As always, appreciate you help.  

Posting ID
Message 8 of 22
latest reply

Jesus christ it is literally dog **bleep**e to use, who thought this would be a good idea to force on everyone. Give me the friggen choice of what i want to use!!

Message 9 of 22
latest reply

Welcome to the new experience! Although at least with dog @#$%, we know what to do- pick it up and move on..... this tool is like and open festering wound that wont go away. a constant aggravation that we can no longer avoid.  A great review for a new product lol.......this is what happens when you literally take the genuine feedback of experienced and seasoned sellers---- and then completely ignore it because of the "we know better" attitude.        Do you want to know a little secret- Ebay , you do not know better...... the actual people using the tool know better.

Message 10 of 22
latest reply

After using it for a bit, there are some pros and some cons.  The pros are pictures upload much quicker and some parts of entering info are faster, whilst ignoring areas that are immaterial.  The cons, there is no underline [u] button, too many pop-up windows, hard to find color coding, off-centered comfortably to smart-phones when PC is better with 1280 screens or better, and some hops and skips when writing or copy and pasting text, making me have to redo it.  I prefer drop-down menus and check boxes.

Oh yeah, and manga and video game bundles (computer media on blu-ray or DVD) qualify for Media Rate, video game consoles, electronics, other non-applicable items do not but is offered that way (someone programmed that one the opposite way which is not correct).

NB:  For those who say video game bundles; i.e., a lot of 10 blu-ray discs or DVD discs or CDs, do not qualify for media rate, it is not true, the US Postal Service only has a footnote which does not describe the format-----a non-authority.

Message 11 of 22
latest reply

Far too many cons for the very few pros....

Message 12 of 22
latest reply

still waiting for further improvements to the unified listing tool as viewed and used on a desktop- we need a genuine replacement for the classic tool if we are no longer granted access to it

Message 13 of 22
latest reply

It doesn't work under Edge for me.  It keeps deleting the description.  Yes, this Tool is a piece of dog #%$^%$$!!!

Message 14 of 22
latest reply

not just the edge browser but others are reporting this issue in chrome as well. for us here- after listing an item and going to check on the listing live, it has no pictures at all and we have to revise it to add the pictures back a 2nd time.  This happens for about 1 in 5 listings... its getting tedious!!!!!!! listing here is getting to be a complete hassle and a chore- thanks for the improvements ebay- this is what we have after 2 years of rollout for this tool.....2 years now!

Message 15 of 22
latest reply