cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Loading Photographs "New" Listing Tool

I am curious how many people are having problems loading photographs with the new listing program. First not able to load more than 6 photographs at one time even then you may get kicked off and forced to start again. I previously utilized the old program to edit my photographs to improve them light/dark.contrast and sharpness. New program makes this almost impossible the amount of time it takes to edit just one phototgraph is give or take i minutes. 12 photographs 12 to 15 minutes. This is in my case has forced me to elimnate the use of this tool. You can not use this much time to create a new lisitng. OK are others having this problem or is it my old computer. I suspect it is a program problem ebay how about taking a look at this situation.

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Re: Loading Photographs "New" Listing Tool

I have problems loading pics with the new tool too. I can do 2-3 at a time, if I try to do more than that it resets to the start of the process & I lose any changes I have made.

I usually do a sell similar, delete the pics, add new pics, & write a new description while the pics load. But, more than 2-3 pics at a time, it drops off & I lose my new text & title. End result is it takes way longer to list with the new horrible tool. Not that this isn't something we have been hearing for a year or more.

You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious.
Message 2 of 9
latest reply

I'm guessing it may be your computer. I just listed something last night with 12 pictures and it only took about 12 seconds. Did you try clearing old stuff by deleting your cache and past history etc.?

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

This the exact problem I am having did not think it was my computer. Ebay you really need to look into this I am sure a large number of people are expierencing this problem.

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

@m_pthisandthat 

@aeparts1 

When photos are uploaded to eBay, they are first processed on your computer, using the image rendering tool built into your browser (yes, your browser is the workhorse here). I have seen varying processing capabilities within different browsers over the years.  Browsers can be assigned a specific amount of processing space within your computer's RAM, and as browser capabilities increased over the years, that need also increased.

First, are your photos too big? eBay images are no larger than 1600 pixels on the long side, which is under 2MP.  The browser must first reduce large photos to 1600 pixels before sending to eBay. If your camera produces an 8MP image, it may simply be overloading your browser.  Try lowering your camera setting to get lighter-weight images.

Second, are you manipulating in your browser? Crop, rotate, contrast, etc? That is done entirely by the browser as well and consumes additional processing power while working on those copies.

ShipScript has been an eBay Community volunteer since 2003, specializing in HTML, CSS, Scripts, Photos, Active Content, Technical Solutions, and online Seller Tools.
Message 5 of 9
latest reply

Thanks for the tips!!

I use Firefox as my browser.  Computer is a 6 month old desktop. It is faster than the newer high buck computer I was using to list for work, back when they wanted to sell on eBay. Home internet I list on is faster than the fancy high buck internet we have at work. Maybe work stuff isn't as good as they tell us.....

Off the top of my head, pics are under 2 MP, generally around 1 MP. I don't check each one though, these are the numbers that pop up when I have a reason to click on a pic & check. I doubt my 15+ year old camera could ever come close to 8 MP.  It works, I know how to use it, so I'll stick with it as long as I can.

I don't manipulate anything in my pics, other than the occasional need to rotate one. I try to get as tight of a pic as I can when I take it so I don't have to spend time cropping & fixing.

I can try reducing the size of the pics before I upload them, but I am trying to eliminate steps, & make it as simple as I can for myself.

I wasn't having regular problems with the "classic" listing tool, just the new one.

Again, thanks for the tips!

You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious.
Message 6 of 9
latest reply

I use a desktop computer and can upload 20 photos on a listing within seconds. Just wanted you to hear from another user that is not having any difficulties with uploading photos in the new program, so perhaps the issue is on your end. Try changing browsers or some of the other advice you've already received. Best of luck to you.... 

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

@aeparts1 

Yes, an older camera is perfect, probably defaults to a jpeg resolution of 96%.  I have Firefox on a new Mac running Windows. I also have two Internet providers (one wifi tower and one satellite). I'll try an upload test using both providers to see if I can bracket some issues.  Might have a response tomorrow.

ShipScript has been an eBay Community volunteer since 2003, specializing in HTML, CSS, Scripts, Photos, Active Content, Technical Solutions, and online Seller Tools.
Message 8 of 9
latest reply

I appreciate all the input. This the same camera.browser and desk top I have always used to list on ebay. Problem only came to light with new listing tool. No change on my end only change took place on ebay end. The only editing I do is after loading the photograph on ebay then trying to use ebay editing tool.  So I have both a loading problem and then the editing problem after photographs are loaded on ebay and attempting to use ebays editing tool (editing 1 photograph takes about 1 minute). Oh and all photograhs are under 1600 pixels. Browser is Goggle Chrome. Any other thoughts that might help?

Message 9 of 9
latest reply