cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to make customers leave feedback?

How can I make my customers leave feedback ? I've tried messaging but most don't respond, I have also given them feedback. Nothing seems to help, any tips? 

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Nope; and quite messaging people or you may get a feedback you don't like. This site, along with every other site 'bugs' people for 'surveys' and 'feedback' etc. and it's annoying to most. 

See mine- if you click it, it says '5441' feedback left- but 2 things;

1.) They only count as '1' for those that purchased multiple items within a week

2.) I would have about 15000 should everyone have left it and I've been in business for 12 years. 

I don't care and neither does anyone else once you get past 10, or 100. 

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

Feedback is entirely voluntary; you cannot make someone leave feedback, and it is often counterproductive to try.

Some users almost always leave positive feedback, regardless whether feedback has been received or not.

Likewise, some users almost never leave positive feedback.

There is little you can do to positively influence such users one way or the other.

Then there are some users that only leave feedback after receiving feedback. When two such users are involved in a transaction, neither gets feedback as each is waiting for the other to blink first.

If you care about receiving feedback, then leaving positive feedback without regard to whether you have received it is one strategy for maximizing your feedback received.

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

Feedback is voluntary.

I leave it as soon as the buyer pays. I'm confident the buyer will be happy with their item and I don't  have a reason not to leave it.  Some sellers don't  leave it until the end of the transaction in case the buyer ends up scamming them. I see where they're coming from not wanting to add to the buyer's feedback numbers. I think it has a lot to do with what you sell that attracts scammers. 

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

The only thing that seems to work is speedy shipping and making sure your items are packed well and clean. But seriously the bulk of my feedback is based on how fast they got the item.

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

That is absolutely correct.

My p.o. package pickup

I know is around noon to one.

I always mail next day before then.

Presentation is everything.

Packaged like you care as much

as when you give a gift.

Also, we are all pretty busy t.c.o.b.

Sewbusybiz
Message 6 of 9
latest reply

CANNOT REQUIRE FEEDBACK.  It is and always has been optional, per Ebay whether buyer or seller.

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

Not all customers give feedback. There is no way that you could force customers to give feedback. If a customer does not give feedback it is best to just move on.

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

@wichos wrote:

How can I make my customers leave feedback ?

You can’t.

I've tried messaging but most don't respond, I have also given them feedback. 
Messaging buyer for feedback really is unnecessary, eBay already sends reminders.

Nothing seems to help, any tips? 
Yes, leave your buyers alone, if they want to give you feedback they will. If they don’t , no big deal. Feedback is not a requirement. 
Give good customer service, ship on time. That’s all you can do. 

Message 9 of 9
latest reply