cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't send messages or reply to messages

Come on eBay! How are we supposed to sell if we can't answer questions. Has been this way since July 3. Please, for the love of God, fix the problem or go back to old version on messaging for PCs

Message 1 of 59
latest reply
58 REPLIES 58

Re: Can't send messages or reply to messages

Thanks eburtonlab.      I will just see if the problem remains when I next get eBay messages for the next few days.    If it does, I will look at settings etc - though it is not easy when one has no real clue which settings might impact upon replies in the eBay system.    I should stress that I can send ordinary Emails perfectly well so the issue is definitely something which relates to an impact on, or of, the eBay system rather than a more general computer issue with Outlook or such like.

Message 46 of 59
latest reply

Believe it or not, only a few minutes after I wrote the previous Reply, I went back to the 2 relevant eBay messages from the 2 sellers to find that, now, when I type in my reply the "Send Reply" (sorry, the correct wording is actually "Send Message" has become live again and I can send my reply!    I can only assume there was a temporary hitch in the eBay system.    Thanks again.

Message 47 of 59
latest reply

You are welcome -- glad to hear things are working again for you.

Glitches like that are all too common on eBay, I am afraid.

Message 48 of 59
latest reply

Really eBay, you have had 25 or so years to figure this stuff out and make a system that works. The messages page won't display properly no matter how many times I load it. BUT for you PC users if you right click on one of the messages down under the weird huge logo and icon graphics, you can see some option pop up to click on, including "open in a new tab".  For me that page loads normally.  (MS Windows 10 Home 64 bit.)

Message 49 of 59
latest reply

The messages page won't display properly no matter how many times I load it.

Which browser are you using? If a mobile browser, are you using mobile mode, classic mode or desktop mode? Switching to desktop mode should work, even if mobile and classic keep switching back and forth and redirecting you to another page. Or try the eBay app to read and respond to messages.

Message 50 of 59
latest reply

I've quickly realized as a new 5 star seller that eBay doesn't give a **bleep** about us. Only the buyers. They make up anything that they want to do a return and use whatever scam they plan on using then. I told ebay you are ridiculous because you realize THE LIFE BLOOD of your company is your sellers AND YOU MAKE MONEY OFF OF US and to be just as concerned for the sellers as for the buyers. I'm a Mod on reddit and going to start a new thread of better auction sites if this isn't resolved and my status fully reinstated to 5 stars  

Message 51 of 59
latest reply

Mine too. This is a bloody joke . You don’t know how much this has messed me up as I’m always getting asked questions and plays a big part in selling and giving the people that bit more extra knowledge they need  that might just clinch that deal . Also sent offers and got no reply from anything or anyone  . EBay you will loose money in the long run as well. Cause and affect . But it did let me send message on my iPad .why mess with something that wasn’t broke . Proper f/(,ing idiots 

Message 52 of 59
latest reply

EVERYONE NEEDS TO FLOOD EBAY CALL BACKS PHONE LINES ABOUT THIS HINDRANCE, they will soon put it right . When I TRY to contact buyer it shows me a rating and comments page about and profile . Is everyone getting the same thing . Thanks 

Message 53 of 59
latest reply

Agreed! 

Message 54 of 59
latest reply

I can’t send messages either. It’s funny that they will take your money but fixing things will have to wait

Message 55 of 59
latest reply

It’s still an issue today.. fix it

Message 56 of 59
latest reply

Hi this is jerald61. 
I tryed to buy a i phone 13 pro max 

order number 19-09501 -83330. On December 24th  i paid for item then found out the seller wanted me go pick it up which is not possible I sent message to seller to ask to cancel he said ok. The item was sold to another buyer on December 27th. I’m waiting for my refund. I have not heard from eBay or anyone on this matter. The order read cancellation pending for 5 days i need my money back so i can buy a phone 

Message 57 of 59
latest reply

I'm getting the same reply...

Message 58 of 59
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread HERE if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 59 of 59
latest reply