cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't send messages or reply to messages

Come on eBay! How are we supposed to sell if we can't answer questions. Has been this way since July 3. Please, for the love of God, fix the problem or go back to old version on messaging for PCs

Message 1 of 59
latest reply
58 REPLIES 58

Mine is not working ether. Getting error messages Sorry, something went wrong. Please try again later.  Now I will be losing sales because I can't answer.

Message 2 of 59
latest reply

Others have been running into the same error lately.

Try going to the user's profile or feedback page, and using the "contact" link there to compose a new message rather than using a reply. You may be able to send a message that way.

Message 3 of 59
latest reply

I too have found this to be HOPELESS _ in MANY aspects of messaging! ie 1 out of 4 messages got through - even after sale complete `(HOW can we do business like this?) 2) extra problem if messaging ebayer in other country (ie ebay co.uk to .com - won't even allow With screen error message. 3) if I try to contact the buyer / seller direct via their profile page the button takes me back to my messages box . Serious  glitch. Seriously and painfully preventing and impacting trade and flow !! I try to be efficient and ebay assisting with this chaos -  aiding my trade lic e a body slamming  15 tonne beer bellied hippopotamus.

Sort it out please - its been DAYS

Message 4 of 59
latest reply

Try going to the user's profile or feedback page, and using the "contact" link there

Nope.  That doesn't work.  I had a case, and could not contact the buyer by any other means than the form in the "cases" area.  How am I supposed to work things out with the buyer if everything I do is blocked somehow?  That made me think the "Lords of eBay" are now amusing themselves by putting us through their little jokes...

I looked into other sales.  If the sale was still not delivered, I seemed to be able to get an actual messaging text area.  If the sale was finished, I would be sent directly to the frontpage of "Messages," though it looks like it's working on my end now. 

Message 5 of 59
latest reply

Add me to the list. its 2021 not 1991.  Shouldnt have these random issues.

Message 6 of 59
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi All,

Thanks for posting, I'm sorry you're having trouble responding to messages.

This is an ongoing technical issue we've been dealing with, I've submitted your ID's to our technical team to make sure we get them reviewed as well. I apologize for the trouble this causes in the mean time.

Hope this helps!

Message 7 of 59
latest reply

Hi

I was trying to return a product and was talking to the seller about the product. They admit they had sent an incompatible piece for my laptop. But once I tried to reply to them, I got a pop-up message saying I have questions to answer. What is that and how do I answer them? My reply to the seller won't show up in my "Sent" outbox in messages and I also did not get a copy on my email.

Can you help me? What do I do? It seems I can't contact the seller anymore. it worked fine up until just now.

Message 8 of 59
latest reply

Not fun. Can't answer my customer, but I found a quick solution. I pushed the button send offer, made the same price as in ad and sent the message next to it. Anyway ebay please solve ASAP.

ebay.jpg

Message 9 of 59
latest reply

Then add me to the list. Just got a new phone & I can't send messages on ebay. When I press my messages button it just redirects me to the ebay homepage, every time, no matter how I try to send a message.

Message 10 of 59
latest reply

@artworkshop2011 

If you are using the eBay app, make sure  you have the latest version for your operating system.

If you are using a browser, try switching between mobile mode, classic mode and desktop mode; one of those may work better than the others.

Message 11 of 59
latest reply

I have tried Firefox and Microsoft Edge   browsers on desktop, still not working. That should I do?

Message 12 of 59
latest reply

Try going to the user's profile or feedback page, and using the "contact" link there to compose a new message rather than using a reply. You may be able to send a message that way.

If you have eBay messages sent to your email, try responding using the link in the email message.

Or try responding to a message using the eBay app.

Message 13 of 59
latest reply

I to am having an issue responding to a perspective buyer.  Any suggestions on how to fix this?   I click the link to respond and it goes back to eBay main page.  

Message 14 of 59
latest reply

I’m having the same issue.  I have an $1,800 item with a seriously interested party that has reasonable questions.  I have no idea if my replies were sent.

Message 15 of 59
latest reply