cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Feature: Time Away

We're excited to announce a new feature available to all sellers that replaces the Vacation Settings currently available to store subscribers.

You can read more about this change here, and leave any questions below so our experts can review.

Message 1 of 48
latest reply
47 REPLIES 47

@go-bad-chicken wrote:

For sellers who are enrolled in eBay's new Managed Payments and who then use this new time away feature; will sellers still receive their payouts normally for the items that they sold while this new feature is activated, or will eBay be delaying the payouts to sellers in Managed Payments for the items sold when this new feature is utilized and turned on by the seller?

I ask because there is not mention within the Fall Seller Update as to how and when sellers will be paid within Managed Payments while they are away.

Good question.  Lets hope the answer is yes because if it isn't, then there is a problem as money isn't suppose to be released dependent upon ship dates.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 31 of 48
latest reply

Thanks!  Nice change to the vacation settings.  

Message 32 of 48
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

@mam98031  Yes, it might take a maximum of 1-2 hours to hide your listings from search once your time away starts and to unhide your listings from search when your time away ends.

Thanks,

Vikram

Message 33 of 48
latest reply

@Anonymous wrote:

@mam98031  Yes, it might take a maximum of 1-2 hours to hide your listings from search once your time away starts and to unhide your listings from search when your time away ends.

Thanks,

Vikram

DANG that is a HUGE improvement.  Thank you.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 34 of 48
latest reply

Thank you! I was just wondering about this the other day! 

Message 35 of 48
latest reply

To be sure I am clear.  I can set the Time Away feature with my start and end date, then if someone buys an item, my Top Rated Seller status will not be affected (Tracking Uploaded on Time & Late Shipments Rate) as long as I ship the items within the handling time (1 day) starting from the day I set the end date.  Is this correct?

Message 36 of 48
latest reply

So since I am a seller, but do not have a store, this too works for me?  I believe that is what I read.  I'm tired, sorry, just want to be sure.  Not that I am going anywhere, but it came up a couple of time for me and  this would be good to know.  

If someone can reiterate that it does work for those without stores, my very tired brain would love to hear from you.

Many thanks one way or the other.  A good thing for all.

Grandma

Message 37 of 48
latest reply

@1grandmashope_1 wrote:

So since I am a seller, but do not have a store, this too works for me?  I believe that is what I read.  I'm tired, sorry, just want to be sure.  Not that I am going anywhere, but it came up a couple of time for me and  this would be good to know.  

If someone can reiterate that it does work for those without stores, my very tired brain would love to hear from you.

Many thanks one way or the other.  A good thing for all.

Grandma

Yes, the Time Away is for everyone!

I just noticed that there is a Time Away link in Seller Hub under the Selling Tools section. I did not click on it to see if it works or where it goes.

Message 38 of 48
latest reply

I have a question regarding the time away.  To be top rated you have to ship within 24 hours of payment.  With the time away, does the 24 hour rule apply or does the 24 hours start when you return?  I have not seen a clear clarification of how it works for top rated sellers.  

Message 39 of 48
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

@icemanentertainment Thank you for your question. If an item is purchased during your Time Away, the same or 1-business-day handling time criteria for Top Rated Seller status will not be impacted if you ship the item within 1 business day from your Time Away end date. 

Thanks,

Vikram

Message 40 of 48
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

@stampingit Thank you for your question. If an item is purchased during your Time Away, the same or 1-business-day handling time criteria for Top Rated Seller status will not be impacted if you ship the item within 1 business day from your Time Away end date. 

Thanks,

Vikram

Message 41 of 48
latest reply

paradise_island1
Thrill-Seeker

Thank you ebay. It is very helpful to seller

Message 42 of 48
latest reply

This feature isn't working for me. Anyone else having a problem? I talked to customer service and they suggested I try a different device. Still doesn't work. 

Message 43 of 48
latest reply

Time away isn't working for me. The "apply" button doesn't do anything. Anyone else having a problem with this? 

Message 44 of 48
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

@sylvansails Can you please share the device and browser you are using?

Thanks,
Vikram

Message 45 of 48
latest reply