cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Feature: Time Away

We're excited to announce a new feature available to all sellers that replaces the Vacation Settings currently available to store subscribers.

You can read more about this change here, and leave any questions below so our experts can review.

Message 1 of 48
latest reply
47 REPLIES 47

Thank you!  This is so helpful to all Sellers, even non-store sellers.  There are times, sometimes something unexpected happens and we can't be selling.  Much better than ending all of the listings and having to relist!  

Change the channel!
Message 2 of 48
latest reply

Thank you, thank you, thank you for extending Time Away to all sellers. This has been in high demand for the past six months!  Do sellers still need to end Auction format listings or can those also be hidden with this feature? If Auctions can also use this feature, what happens to auctions with a set number of auto-renewals?

ShipScript has been an eBay Community volunteer since 2003, specializing in HTML, CSS, Scripts, Photos, Active Content, Technical Solutions, and online Seller Tools.
Message 3 of 48
latest reply

Thank you for minimizing the time it takes for items to be hidden or reactivated. 

BUT your update says we can only set the feature for 1 to 30 days.  we go away on business for a six week window every year.  This will now be a problem. How can we extend the time away window? 

Message 4 of 48
latest reply

@shipscript Thanks for the feedback, I will make sure the team sees it, it's a great addition and like you said, many sellers have been asking for it.

Unfortunately, the feature only applies to fixed priced listings.

Brian

Join us at eBay Open this September! eBay.com/ebayopen
Message 5 of 48
latest reply

when does this start?  I went to seller hub a few minutes ago and it still had vacation settings.

Message 6 of 48
latest reply

@wgonzales Thanks for the feedback. I'll bring it back to the team. If you have access to the internet while you are away you can update the Time Away during your vacation. I understand this doesn't allow you to completely "set it and forget it" but hopefully you can extend the time away before it times out at 30 days.

Thanks for selling on eBay

Brian

Message 7 of 48
latest reply

@antiquehokie 

From the end of September you will be able to access the new Time Away functionality by going to: ​Account Settings > Selling > Time Away

Thanks

Brian

Message 8 of 48
latest reply

It would be an added help if ebay would change it so sellers could bulk edit any auctions without bids as well.

I believe this is something many sellers have been asking for also.

Message 9 of 48
latest reply

Just want to clarify that with this new feature I do not have to adjust my handling time to cover my time away if I am not hiding my listings?

Message 10 of 48
latest reply

Boy do I like this change.  I just wish I could take a vaca.  So sad!!  

But seriously this is such an improvement over the current vaca setting for store owners.  The automatic change of delivery dates and handling times is ENORMOUS.  Especially when someone only needs to be away for a handful of days.  

The addition to allow this feature to ALL sellers w/ GTC listings is such a smart move as all sellers have needed this for a very long time.

GREAT FEATURE, THANK YOU!!

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member
Message 11 of 48
latest reply

@mcdougle4248 wrote:

Just want to clarify that with this new feature I do not have to adjust my handling time to cover my time away if I am not hiding my listings?

@mcdougle4248 

That is the way I read it.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member
Message 12 of 48
latest reply

@mcdougle4248 

Your are correct, you do not have to adjust them,  it will be done based on the time you are away. 

• Estimated delivery dates and dispatch due times will be adjusted when Time Away is scheduled for active listings. This means your buyers will receive realistic estimated delivery dates automatically without you having to manually change the time yourself.

Thanks for selling on eBay

Brian

Message 13 of 48
latest reply

Thank you brian_burke@ebay   This is an awesome update!

Message 14 of 48
latest reply

keep your listings visible to sellers when you’re away.png

Wondering why even "keep your listings visible to sellers when you’re away" at all? What do they need to see?

Message 15 of 48
latest reply